Page 1021 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 215219219711011101710181019102010211022102310241025103110711121 ... LastLast
Results 15,301 to 15,315 of 20730
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    What are the contents of the Thanos omni?

It's weird how some collections aren't listing their exact contents.
    It is almost certainly Thanos Annual 1 (that's the DM cover), the two 4-issue minis Infinity Entity and Thanos vs Hulk, and the six OGNs, Infinity Relativity, Revelation, Ending, Finale, Sibling, and Conflict (none of that in that order).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, what with our recent discussions regarding printing quality, I fear for the binding. If they don't revert back to the better binding, this Omnibus will be a real mousetrap and for the most part at 1576 pages unreadable.

Btw, it's marked as Parental Advisory. Anyone know which issues this will be referring to? Deadpool? Punisher?

Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.
    Yeah, you expect this from DC. This is like Fourth World level if not even more. I would also much rather have preferred two omnis at say $75 a piece. This is going to be unwieldy.

Spectacular Member

That Venom tongue cover is gross yet extremely cool looking. The Eternals Alex Ross cover is sick. For Infinity Saga, I think I'm going with the Thanos face cover as I like the outer space look as well. Also, can you guys advise on whether I need to read Aaron's Thor run beforehand or can the war of the realms omni be read as a standalone? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    Wow. They really want to fit everything in don't they.
    the thing is, this event's ancillary mini series - I actually read most of them and they were all good! Giant Men, Spider-Man, Punisher, War Scrolls - all of these were really good. And the Thor issues tie in directly to the main event, so they have to be there. I would guess IM and others are direct tie-ins as well. Still, this is one Massive book.

I really want to get it, but I'm not sure I will - too big, too unweildy, and if it has really tight binding, it'll be kinda unreadable. Hopefully Omar or someone gets an advanced review of the book, to help me (and others!) decide.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Re: War of Realms Omni (my edit)
    Personally, I would have much preferred 2 Omnibuses or a main slimmer Omnibus with the main event and other important issues such as War Scrolls and have an additional.Companion Omnibus as was the case with Age of Apocalypse and Acts of Vengeance.
    I agree that 2 volumes as you laid out makes much more sense.

I'll be getting the Delgado cover for Venomnibus vol.3 for sure. Does anyone know if Mac Gargan as Venom gets any exposure in this volume? The write up sounded like maybe just a dose when it mentioned new host.

I have all but one of the Starlin OG OHC but may upgrade.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I agree that 2 volumes as you laid out makes much more sense.

I'll be getting the Delgado cover for Venomnibus vol.3 for sure. Does anyone know if Mac Gargan as Venom gets any exposure in this volume? The write up sounded like maybe just a dose when it mentioned new host.

I have all but one of the Starlin OG OHC but may upgrade.
    Those Marvel Knights issues are Gargan getting the Venom suit. Not sure about any of the rest of it, but I'd assume given the dates the Sensational issues are, as well
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Does anyone know if the UXF reprint was printed by Leo Group? I looked at the comparison video by Gem Mint and there is no gutter loss despite the different binding. I will go ahead and get that one. I guess it looks as if some books like Wolverine will have massive gutter loss while others like UXF are fine. I suppose it will be a case by case with these upcoming releases as to whether there will be gutter loss or not assuming Leo Group did both Wolverine and UXF.

Amazing Member

UXF reprint is print in Leo (China), how do you know that is no gutter loose, he didn't show any one two page splash.
    Look here:
    https://youtu.be/IDu15cZvh8g?t=759

The Wolverine reprint is made in made in Malaysia.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    UXF reprint is print in Leo (China), how do you know that is no gutter loose, he didn't show any one two page splash.
    Look here:
    https://youtu.be/IDu15cZvh8g?t=759

The Wolverine reprint is made in made in Malaysia.
    I can't say for splash pages. For everything else, he was flipping both side by side to different sections of the book and the white borders towards the middle you could clearly see on both though to a slightly lesser extent with the reprint. That is good enough for me. Splash pages are not as big a concern assuming it is minimal. I haven't read the run before so can't say as to how many instances of those there would be in this omni. But considering there is no gutter loss for most pages as far as I could see I would assume the same would apply to any splash pages.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

VENOMNIBUS VOL. 3
    Written by HOWARD MACKIE, ERIK LARSEN, JOHN BYRNE, PAUL JENKINS, DANIEL WAY, PETER MILLIGAN, MARK MILLAR, ROBERTO AGUIRRE-SACASA, CHRISTOS GAGE & SEAN McKEEVER
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA JR., JOE BENNETT, JOHN BYRNE, ERIK LARSEN, HUMBERTO RAMOS, FRANCISCO HERRERA, PACO MEDINA, SKOTTIE YOUNG, CLAYTON CRAIN, TERRY DODSON, FRANK CHO, LEE WEEKS, MARIO ALBERTI, TERRELL BOBBETT, KANO & MORE
    COVERS BY SAM KIETH & MIKE DEODATO, JR. (DM)
    Venom is back! Eddie Brock and his alien symbiote return to torment Spider-Man — but Venom makes dangerous new enemies when he crosses the Sinister Six! As Eddie suffers a tragic loss and takes a turn for the worse, the symbiote begins to hunger — and target the innocents Venom used to protect! Horror emerges in the Arctic as a conspiracy is revealed, and Venom clashes with Carnage in a psychotic family reunion! But when Eddie and the symbiote go their separate ways, who is more dangerous: the insidious new Venom, or the deranged Eddie Brock? Collecting PETER PARKER: SPIDER-MAN (1999) #9-10, #12 (A STORY) and #16-17; NOVA (1999) #7; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) #12 (A STORY) and #19; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (2003) #1-5; VENOM (2003) #1-18; VENOM VS. CARNAGE #1-4; MARVEL KNIGHTS SPIDER-MAN (2004) #7-8 and #11; SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN (2006) #38-39; SPIDER-MAN/FANTASTIC FOUR (2010) #2; and material from SPIDER-MAN FAMILY (2007) #1-2.
    1088 PGS./Rated T …$125.00
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Those Marvel Knights issues are Gargan getting the Venom suit. Not sure about any of the rest of it, but I'd assume given the dates the Sensational issues are, as well
    Thanks Bob. I went over to ComicVine and looked up the MKS issues. I'm now extra puzzled as issues #7-8 are actually parts 3&4 of a storyline called 'Venomous'. Scorpion is listed for issue #8 but not 5-7. Wondering if this is a typo in the solicit. Why only include issues 7-8 of a 4 part Venom story in the Venomnibus???
    Sensational S-M #38-39 is the 'Last Temptation of Eddie Brock', cover to 39 shows him in a hospital bed in his death throws.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thanks Bob. I went over to ComicVine and looked up the MKS issues. I'm now extra puzzled as issues #7-8 are actually parts 3&4 of a storyline called 'Venomous'. Scorpion is listed for issue #8 but not 5-7. Wondering if this is a typo in the solicit. Why only include issues 7-8 of a 4 part Venom story in the Venomnibus???
    Sensational S-M #38-39 is the 'Last Temptation of Eddie Brock', cover to 39 shows him in a hospital bed in his death throws.
    Issues 7-8 are parts 3 & 4 of "Venomous", a storyline where Eddie Brock auctions the symbiote. The Venom host for these issues is a character named Angelo Fortunato, and these two issues are the ones that heavily feature him, I assume we will have recap pages in this omni to keep the reader up with the Venom part of the story. I'd recommend the whole Millar run if you want to know details, it's a fun read. Mac Gargan (Scorpion) is listed only in #8 since that's where he has a small appearance. However, he does appear as the symbiote host in issue 11, also included in this solicitation.
    Last edited by JJ87; 02-21-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Does anyone know if the UXF reprint was printed by Leo Group? I looked at the comparison video by Gem Mint and there is no gutter loss despite the different binding. I will go ahead and get that one. I guess it looks as if some books like Wolverine will have massive gutter loss while others like UXF are fine. I suppose it will be a case by case with these upcoming releases as to whether there will be gutter loss or not assuming Leo Group did both Wolverine and UXF.
    Another problem in addition to the gutter loss is when a book doesn’t lay flat and the binding doesn’t lift up to push the center of the book out so it is level with the rest of the page... you get this abnormal uneven curvature that makes the speech bubbles and art hard to discern because the whole center is actually on a curve from the paper curving out from the center instead of laying flat... so you have to kind of move your head to read/see what is going on all down along that curve for every page and it makes for a really shitty reading experience for me personally it gives me a headache.

Like with scanned comics the art is all flat... and these books are supposed to have a flat page for viewing because that it how you view art Is on a flat surface.

Imagine going into the louvre and they took the Mona Lisa and wrapped the canvas around a pillar instead of having it lay flat in the picture frame... you would have to walk around the pillar to see the whole painting... well that is what a lot of these books are like in the center... you read from left to right and as you get to the center of the page the art falls off into the gutter in the center of the book... it sucks.

These books seem okay to some guy on YouTube flipping through them but when you have them in front of you to read... they are a real chore to get through. Looking at that Wolverine Omnibus... there is no way I’m buying that because I couldn’t even read that... and I bet I am not alone. Gem Mint is not reading these Omnibus reprints he is just using them to make videos.

It is a shame.
    Last edited by Phd. Strange; 02-21-2020 at 10:50 PM.

Amazing Member

With This Wolverine reprint is a strange thing in this youtube wideo that binding is really nice https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk?t=614.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    With This Wolverine reprint is a strange thing in this youtube wideo that binding is really nice https://youtu.be/uGv9aLW9crk?t=614.
    So there’s some quality control issues apparently. Near Mint got a copy with looser binding than Gem Mint it appears. I guess it’ll be a roll of the dice.

Incredible Member

It baffles me that Hickman's FF is out of print. The omni v1-2 should be kept in print. Or at the very least, Marvel should put out the complete collections; they just stopped at v2.

Hickman's SHIELD volumes would make for a great OHC.

And reprint Secret Warriors omni while they're at it, damn it.

With Hickman being a superstar and back at Marvel in a huge way, this should be a gimme.