Page 886 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 386786836876882883884885886887888889890896936986 ... LastLast
Results 13,276 to 13,290 of 20743

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    X-Men: Blood of Apocalypse used to go for $60 and up on eBay. It had a low print run and was never reprinted. Now all of a sudden in the past few weeks there have been a couple of auctions with it selling for $3 or $4. Any ideas why? I don't see that it's being reprinted or anything to cause the downturn in price...
    Probably because it is sure to be reprinted in a second volume of the upcoming Peter Miligan trade paperback. The first one is coming out in April.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Peter-M...peter+milligan

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/13029181...0855040&sr=1-4

Spider-man Epic Collection 19 popped up on Amazon. Kind of interesting they're calling it Assassin Nation instead of Inferno (not, like, super interesting). Should be ASM 311-325, probably Annual 23 (Atlantis Attacks), and no idea about the Web or SSM parts of Inferno.

ETA: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302917807/

And there's another one. Not sure yet what The Goblin Lives would reference (annual 9, which shares the name, is contemporaneous to material already in v7) - could be something between v3 and v7 w/Norman, could be v8 and include 135-136 (Harry's first stint), 176-180 (Bart Hamilton) or a Hobgoblin story, e.g. v16 (Gang War) or v14 (the end of Stern's run)
    With vol. 19, the Michelinie/McFarlane omni is now effectively covered in Epics.
    Hopefully The Goblin Lives is vol. 16 covering uncollected material so we get a nice consecutive run in Epic Collection format from #259-360.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    With vol. 19, the Michelinie/McFarlane omni is now effectively covered in Epics.
    Hopefully The Goblin Lives is vol. 16 covering uncollected material so we get a nice consecutive run in Epic Collection format from #259-360.
    I'd love for Goblin Lives to be v16 - I have the Roger Stern omni, both Alien Costume Saga collections and the epics for Ghosts of the Past and Kraven's Last Hunt (the Venom epic is apparently on iffy paper, so I'm not moving past that for awhile). ASM v16 is a huge hole in that run.

I do find it kind of curious that Marvel has released all the epic collections that cover the two Michelinie omnibii while skipping all of the space between 123 and 258 (which has huge gaps of never-been-collected material). On the one hand, it's clearly popular material, so put it out in as many formats as possible. On the other hand, there's going to be a stretch where they're releasing just ASM material from between the (original) Clone Saga and Return of the Burglar/Black Cat and there's not a really good hook to sell those other than "look at that huge gap in your collection!"

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the content? The 12-issue runs of Avengers, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Iron Man? More, less.? It'll most probably be over 1000 pages as the price tag is $125.
    I concur, I would bet it would the 12 issue runs of all 4 titles, possibly the 13th issue of each also, depending on license issues. so that's 48-52 issues, and some were oversized, so that's a LOT of pages. That's going to be one big@$$ book. I've personally read the FF stuff, a few issues here and there of other titles. It would be an interesting read, for sure, sort of a pre-Ulitmate Universe take (i.e. do-over) on classic characters. I recall there being this current bubbling throughout of the main characters having deja vu and thinking they've seen this before, etc..., so IIRC it all points to the eventual return and being a figment of Franklin's imagination or pocket universe or whatever it all ended up to be.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    Probably because it is sure to be reprinted in a second volume of the upcoming Peter Miligan trade paperback. The first one is coming out in April.

https://www.amazon.com/X-Men-Peter-M...peter+milligan
    Thanks for the heads up!

I do find it kind of curious that Marvel has released all the epic collections that cover the two Michelinie omnibii while skipping all of the space between 123 and 258 (which has huge gaps of never-been-collected material). On the one hand, it's clearly popular material, so put it out in as many formats as possible. On the other hand, there's going to be a stretch where they're releasing just ASM material from between the (original) Clone Saga and Return of the Burglar/Black Cat and there's not a really good hook to sell those other than "look at that huge gap in your collection!"
    Yeah, I agree. I think it could be because the Masterworks line has covered the older stuff and is one or two volumes away from catching up to the Stern omni, and they figure it will take longer to get to the material they have been releasing in Epics. But then again, my impression is that the MMWs are pricy and sell out quickly.

If they do release Epic vol. 16, the bigger gaps would be #364-377 (which could very well be Vol. 23), #381-393, #419-431 and a very small chunk in #436-439, right between Identity Crisis and Gathering of Five.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    Yeah, I agree. I think it could be because the Masterworks line has covered the older stuff and is one or two volumes away from catching up to the Stern omni, and they figure it will take longer to get to the material they have been releasing in Epics. But then again, my impression is that the MMWs are pricy and sell out quickly.

If they do release Epic vol. 16, the bigger gaps would be #364-377 (which could very well be Vol. 23), #381-393, #419-431 and a very small chunk in #436-439, right between Identity Crisis and Gathering of Five.
    I'm steadfastly waiting for them to start up the SSM Epic Collections (heck, even Web of SM would be acceptable). Why hasn't the Owl/Octopus War ever been collected??

If we're getting v16 and v19 this year, I could see them running up to the Clone Saga - 361-377 and 381-393 + the other parts of Pursuit before heading back down to the Stern or pre-Stern eras (+ Maximum Carnage either getting its own Epic or just re-releasing the TPB). I know the Epic Collections are intended to eventually collect *everything*, but I think it'll be a LONG time before they get to the collections covering 419-441.

Astonishing Member

I am guessing that the Kraven Last Hunt Deluxe Edition will be readily available more that a Spider-Man Omnibus,right?
    I am asking this because i have like four Spider-Man Omnibuses and that Deluxe Edition on my wishlist.
    So in the next days i will be getting a book,i should rather get a Spider-Man Omnibus before the deluxe edition i think.
    And i will be getting the deluxe edition after,so now i just have to choose between Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane,Spider-Man Omnibus 3,Spider-Man by Roger Stern or Spider-Man by Erik Larsen Omnibus.
    Decisions,decisions.They are all must have books for my collection,so i have not decided which Omnibus i will be getting first.
    All though i am more inclened to get Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane because the price of that book seems to be getting more expensive every time i check the price.This one seems to be getting OOP sooner that Spider-Man Omnibus 3 it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I am guessing that the Kraven Last Hunt Deluxe Edition will be readily available more that a Spider-Man Omnibus,right?
    I am asking this because i have like four Spider-Man Omnibuses and that Deluxe Edition on my wishlist.
    So in the next days i will be getting a book,i should rather get a Spider-Man Omnibus before the deluxe edition i think.
    And i will be getting the deluxe edition after,so now i just have to choose between Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane,Spider-Man Omnibus 3,Spider-Man by Roger Stern or Spider-Man by Erik Larsen Omnibus.
    Decisions,decisions.They are all must have books for my collection,so i have not decided which Omnibus i will be getting first.
    All though i am more inclened to get Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane because the price of that book seems to be getting more expensive every time i check the price.This one seems to be getting OOP sooner that Spider-Man Omnibus 3 it seems.
    I might be wrong, but I thought the ASM omnibus volume 3 is already out of print. I'm fairly sure the Stern omnibus is too.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I might be wrong, but I thought the ASM omnibus volume 3 is already out of print. I'm fairly sure the Stern omnibus is too.
    Amazon and Cheap Comics still have ASM Omnibus 3 and Spider-Man by Roger Stern.The Roger Stern Omnibus is the most expensive but is still available in some online shops.
    But yeah,those two seem to be getting out of print eventually.
    I am hoping for a reprint of Spider-Man Roger Stern Omnibus,so i will have just to choose between Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 3,Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane or Spider-Man by Erik Larsen.Considerating how great those stories are in those Omnibuses i still have not choosen the Omnibus that i will be buying.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Amazon and Cheap Comics still have ASM Omnibus 3 and Spider-Man by Roger Stern.The Roger Stern Omnibus is the most expensive but is still available in some online shops.
    But yeah,those two seem to be getting out of print eventually.
    I am hoping for a reprint of Spider-Man Roger Stern Omnibus,so i will have just to choose between Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 3,Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane or Spider-Man by Erik Larsen.Considerating how great those stories are in those Omnibuses i still have not choosen the Omnibus that i will be buying.
    That's good that you have the choice at least. It seems very difficult to find vol 3 or the Stern omnibus in the UK now. It's a tough choice. I received my Michelinie/McFarlane omnibus today after years of waiting for a reprint. I missed out on the Stern omnibus, so I'd be tempted if a reprint did eventually come round. Volume 4 is coming out next year, so if you wanted a complete a run, it might be better to get volume 3 now. The Stern stuff is good though. Like i said, tough choice!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    That's good that you have the choice at least. It seems very difficult to find vol 3 or the Stern omnibus in the UK now. It's a tough choice. I received my Michelinie/McFarlane omnibus today after years of waiting for a reprint. I missed out on the Stern omnibus, so I'd be tempted if a reprint did eventually come round. Volume 4 is coming out next year, so if you wanted a complete a run, it might be better to get volume 3 now. The Stern stuff is good though. Like i said, tough choice!
    Yeah,it´s a tough choice.
    The price of the Spider-Man Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus is getting more expensive every time i check the price of it.I think the stock is runing low in that Omnibus.Something that is surprising because the reprint edition is new.
    So right now i am thinking of getting that Omnibus before it gets OOP as it seems by the prices getting more expensive.
    But at the same time dunno if the Spider-Man Omnibus 3 or Spider-Man by Roger Stern will not get OOP as well.So it´s nice that there are those great Spider-Man Omnibuses available to buy but is not a easy choice to decide the Omnibus to buy considerating that three of them seem to be getting OOP.

Spectacular Member Cerd the nerd's Avatar

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/13029181...0855040&sr=1-4

Spider-man Epic Collection 19 popped up on Amazon. Kind of interesting they're calling it Assassin Nation instead of Inferno (not, like, super interesting). Should be ASM 311-325, probably Annual 23 (Atlantis Attacks), and no idea about the Web or SSM parts of Inferno.

ETA: https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302917807/

And there's another one. Not sure yet what The Goblin Lives would reference (annual 9, which shares the name, is contemporaneous to material already in v7) - could be something between v3 and v7 w/Norman, could be v8 and include 135-136 (Harry's first stint), 176-180 (Bart Hamilton) or a Hobgoblin story, e.g. v16 (Gang War) or v14 (the end of Stern's run)

According to the Marvel Masterworks Forum, ‘Goblin Lives’ will be ASM Epic Vol 4.

Probably collecting ASM 53-67 and Spectacular Spider-Man magazine 2, and maybe ASM annual 5 and/ or Marvel Super Heroes 14.

‘Goblin Lives’ is the title of the story in the (short lived) Spectacular Spider-Man magazine no. 2 (Nov 1968).

(This was a different publication to Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man).

Anyway, this could be wrong, but sounds believable.
    Last edited by Cerd the nerd; 10-30-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerd the nerd View Post
    According to the Marvel Masterworks Forum, ‘Goblin Lives’ will be ASM Epic Vol 4.
    Probably collecting ASM 53-67 and Spectacular Spider-Man magazine 2, and maybe ASM annual 5 and/ or Marvel Super Heroes 14.
    ‘Goblin Lives’ is the title of the story in the (short lived) Spectacular Spider-Man magazine no. 2 (Nov 1968).
    (This was a different publication to Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man).
    Anyway, this could be wrong, but sounds believable.
    This makes sense, based on the title. Bummer for me, since I have this material in different formats, so I'd skip both. I guess a more appropriate title for Vol. 16 would be "Gang War" and for Vol. 23, "Invasion of the Spider Slayers".
    The silver lining here is that most of the double dipping is done with the release of Vol. 19. The next ASM batch should include at least one Epic of uncovered material, and probably a classic one (like a hypothetical vol. 9 to fit right after the 4th omnibus).

Astonishing Member

I will be skipping those two ASM new epic volumes as well.
    The stories that seem to be collected in vol.4 acording to the Marvel Masterworks Forum i already have in the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus 2.
    And the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Vol.19 i will skip as well because i will have those stories in the Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane Omnibus.
    Anyways i am looking forward to new Spider-Man Epic volumes.