Page 361 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2613113513573583593603613623633643653714114618611361 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,415 of 20767

Yeah I would not consider any reprint a collectible, the original single issues are collectibles and you pay the price if you want them, but that is an original. All the examples you listed are originals, not reprints.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I totally understand what you're saying. I do.
    But YOU view them as collectibles. To Marvel and a lot of people they are just books and the only collecting going on is the material underneath the Hardcover.
    Unlike Pokemon cards, Rare cars, etc....These arent originals. The sole purpose of these books are for people to be able to read them. You just decide to collect them. The point of the line plus the fact that its reprints of the OG material alone supports that. Again, you have to know what you're collecting.

I dont think format plays any significant role in the discussion. The omnibus line does exactly what Trades do. Collect old material. Do you collect trades? MMWs?? If so do you not want those to be reprinted either? I think its more that you dont want Omnibus' to be reprinted because its what you decided to collect. The value you placed on the books wee not their intent. Its like collecting McDonalds hamburgers. They'll keep coming and everyone will have access to them because thats what they were made to for. Omibus' were made for people to have access to them. Whether you want to collect it is up to you. Imo theres ultimately no true value in an omnibus but rather a omnibus collection.

I'm not taking a side here because I see what you're saying, but I think you missed his point: Half of collecting for him is the thrill of the hunt.
    That's the argument he was making against reprints.

Thanks for the replies regarding Amazing Spider-man Volume 2 Omnibus. I've just searched for it on Speedyhen and they have it as being available on 20th September. Perfect timing as a present for my birthday in early October
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Amazing Member

Has anyone read Avengers Standoff? Was it a good read? Is there anything I need to know going in?

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Thanks for the replies regarding Amazing Spider-man Volume 2 Omnibus. I've just searched for it on Speedyhen and they have it as being available on 20th September. Perfect timing as a present for my birthday in early October
    hahh same, having a bday in early October. btw speedyhen just raised their prices, I started to use flubit more, I even pay 1.5 quid a month for elite membership (15 demands a day and usually get an instant offer). It's not always better but got some good deals (also works for a bunch of other sites as well).
    Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestinson3 View Post
    My most wanted reprints are

X-Men Vol 1
    Brubaker Caps
    Brubaker Daredevil Vol 2
    Ennis Punisher
    Agreed on the Brubaker Caps. I figured after the great success of Civil War film that Cap demand would be high enough to reprint them, but sadly, no sign yet. I need those omnibuses.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm not taking a side here because I see what you're saying, but I think you missed his point: Half of collecting for him is the thrill of the hunt.
    Exactly.

I know many don't agree, but the hunt is as important to me as the read.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Yeah I would not consider any reprint a collectible, the original single issues are collectibles and you pay the price if you want them, but that is an original. All the examples you listed are originals, not reprints.
    This.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    No. I didnt miss his point. I got that. Im saying he's collecting the wrong things.
    I mean. He can hunt/collect whatever he wants. Collecting stuff that isnt exactly rare or limited and just not intended to be so isnt wise. He should collect vintage single issues. If Marvel shared his mindset then Omnibus' wouldn't even be a thing and he'd be Pro-reprint lol Saying people should save up and they shouldnt reprint books that are actually reprints is just ass backwards.

Lol hush. Its not about the hunt. Anybody collecting anything want to get their hands on an item asap. Its about value. Period.
    "I like for books to get up into the hundreds and hundreds of dollars so I can HUNT them..." or "Dont reprint books. i dont want to read it righ away. I like to hunt them then read." lol Doesnt sound like reading them is very much if at all a priority to me. Hunt animals, Hunt easter eggs, Hunt vintage items -- not books with reprinted material OF valuable items. Again, collect with you want but atleast be upfront about your intentions.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Exactly.

I know many don't agree, but the hunt is as important to me as the read.
    The hunt is a game I have no time for, bring on the reprints!

But yeah, I think we all enjoy different aspects of this hobby and that's cool.

I would not even really consider it a hunt, it is simply checking ebay and waiting for a price point you are willing to pay, or checking out you local shop. It is very awesome when you do get a good deal on books you want. I got the Silver Surfer and Captain Britain omnibus for good deals, but I would not mind if they reprint and others get it even cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Lol hush. Its not about the hunt. Anybody collecting anything want to get their hands on an item asap. Its about value. Period.
    "I like for books to get up into the hundreds and hundreds of dollars so I can HUNT them..." or "Dont reprint books. i dont want to read it righ away. I like to hunt them then read." lol Doesnt sound like reading them is very much if at all a priority to me. Hunt animals, Hunt easter eggs, Hunt vintage items -- not books with reprinted material OF valuable items. Again, collect with you want but atleast be upfront about your intentions.
    Dont tell me what to think based on your own thoughts and intentions. You think one way, I think another.

We all do things differently.

I can just as easily hunt for a bargain on a new book as I can an older one.

You dont care about the hunt, you just want to read the books, that's fine. I like to hunt for stuff, that should be fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    hahh same, having a bday in early October. btw speedyhen just raised their prices, I started to use flubit more, I even pay 1.5 quid a month for elite membership (15 demands a day and usually get an instant offer). It's not always better but got some good deals (also works for a bunch of other sites as well).
    Just an idea.
    Thanks for that Balakin. I'd never even heard of flubit. I've just tried it but it wants me to sign up, so when I get more time I'll do it. Cheers
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

BANNED

What are the odds Masters of Kung Fu vol 1 is getting a reprint? Can't get it anywhere for 60€

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    What are the odds Masters of Kung Fu vol 1 is getting a reprint? Can't get it anywhere for 60€
    Last time something like this happened, Marvel ordered a second print run (and with Simonson Thor, I believe they went for a third print run).

It's entirely possible, but because this deal is one made with an outside rights owner, they may have been limits to print runs etc. that we have not been privy.

That seems unlikely though, so I'd expect a small delay for stock, then more should likely arrive.