Page 398 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 298348388394395396397398399400401402408448498898 ... LastLast
Results 5,956 to 5,970 of 20754
    Incredible Member

Krisis, your character guide selection is just getting crazy! Well done my good man.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Krisis, your character guide selection is just getting crazy! Well done my good man.
    Thank you! I've been having a lot of fun exploring some of these other, less-popular characters now that I have Guides for every major Marvel character with an ongoing streak of solo series (except for two - I'm working on it ).

Since you mentioned my guides (and since the thread is dead this weekend, anyhow): here's a single-question survey I sent to my subscribers to help me decide what guides to focus on next; I'd welcome your input, too. Please, no comments in-thread - I don't want to derail!

PS: All of my guides are now updated with the full contents of the January-April Hachette book except for the central Omnibus guide.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Thank you! I've been having a lot of fun exploring some of these other, less-popular characters now that I have Guides for every major Marvel character with an ongoing streak of solo series (except for two - I'm working on it ).

Since you mentioned my guides (and since the thread is dead this weekend, anyhow): here's a single-question survey I sent to my subscribers to help me decide what guides to focus on next; I'd welcome your input, too. Please, no comments in-thread - I don't want to derail!

PS: All of my guides are now updated with the full contents of the January-April Hachette book except for the central Omnibus guide.
    Can you do Batman next? I wonder if you can figure out the convoluted mess that reading order is.

Anyone have any thoughts on Droids and Ewoks? I'm tempted to get it, since I bought the original marvel years omnibus' but is it really awful? Anyone actually own and/or read it?

That DM variant though..may be the worst of all time.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Can you do Batman next? I wonder if you can figure out the convoluted mess that reading order is.
    http://www.therealbatmanchronologyproject.com/

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Bless them, I think I would go crazy attempting it.

Seriously, for all the kvetching we do about Marvel, how amazing is it that one way or another 99% of their comics still "count" or "matter" or whatever you want to call it 55 years after the debut of The Fantastic Four in 1961?

Fun question: What is your favorite SUPER OBSCURE old collected story that continuity now conveniently ignores?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    ?

Fun question: What is your favorite SUPER OBSCURE old collected story that continuity now conveniently ignores?
    I love this question.

Fantastic Member The Flicker Fade's Avatar

Mike Murdoch. It didn't not happen, but no one treats it liked it happened aside from some winking meta-jokes AND it couldn't have happened for Daredevil to be the Daredevil we know today, so it may as well be out of continuity, even though it isn't exactly.

EDIT: OH WAIT.

Last edited by The Flicker Fade; 08-01-2016 at 10:58 PM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Mike Murdoch. It didn't not happen, but no one treats it liked it happened aside from some winking meta-jokes AND it couldn't have happened for Daredevil to be the Daredevil we know today, so it may as well be out of continuity, even though it isn't exactly.
    Yep, that's exactly the sort of thing I meant. When Waid referenced it, I was like "Whaaaa?"

However I will not sit here while you impugn the dignity of Adam-X Seriously, though, he had an awesome power, I also stole it to use in my own stories when I was a kid.

Maybe it's just because Marvel is releasing a trade tomorrow collecting this insanity, but one of my favorite examples of rubbery Marvel continuity is early Bobbi Morse AKA Mockingbird. She's introduced as a psychic (though that's quickly ignored), she parachutes from a crashing plane into the Savage Land, she's a pre-Shanna Ka-Zar love interest, and she's a doctor who was kidnapped by AIM who is also a SHIELD agent! But wait, she's also a costumed hero and, quite suddenly, married to Hawkeye!

My perennial favorite tends to be when Stan Lee or Roy Thomas made up crazy new things that Professor X or Jean Grey could do with their minds and then promptly ignored them afterwards because they expanded the character's powers too much.
    Last edited by krisis; 08-02-2016 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Boy Wonder View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on Droids and Ewoks? I'm tempted to get it, since I bought the original marvel years omnibus' but is it really awful? Anyone actually own and/or read it?

That DM variant though..may be the worst of all time.
    So YOU'RE THE ONE GUY.....

They're kids comics. They were published under the old STAR comics imprint Marvel used in the mid/late 80s. Do yourself a favor if you're curious. Buy the DH slightly-larger-than-digest-sized Omnis and try them out before plunking down serious cash for the Marvel Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

They're kids comics. They were published under the old STAR comics imprint Marvel used in the mid/late 80s. Do yourself a favor if you're curious. Buy the DH slightly-larger-than-digest-sized Omnis and try them out before plunking down serious cash for the Marvel Omnis.
    I thought all comics were for kids?

I'll probably pass on it for now but I'm curious as to why Marvel chose to omnibus this of all things? I guess nostalgic fans could buy it for their kids or revisit it for themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

I found the DH ones on clearance at a local BAM: the kids love 'em.

Fantastic Member

I see that the original Thunderbolts keeps being published, does the material kinda hold up? I've never read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Boy Wonder View Post
    I thought all comics were for kids?

I'll probably pass on it for now but I'm curious as to why Marvel chose to omnibus this of all things? I guess nostalgic fans could buy it for their kids or revisit it for themselves...
    If you want it for cheaper, there's a Dark Horse omnibus of it too. Retailed for only $25 I think (but it's undersized paperback). I can't imagine it would've gotten crazy expensive, even if it is out of print.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Aston View Post
    I see that the original Thunderbolts keeps being published, does the material kinda hold up? I've never read it.
    I tried the first trade and I couldn't make it through. So much pointless banter and soap opera stuff.