Page 1033 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 335339339831023102910301031103210331034103510361037104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,495 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Definitely in for the Avengers and Hulk Epic. Might pass on UXM v4 Omni, but will probably cave once it’s actually released and buy it.
    Might pass?
    If you have the first 3 how could you pass?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Might pass?
    If you have the first 3 how could you pass?
    Not overall a very good period for x-men in my opinion...but it’s been a long time since I read those. I remember them picking up steam again around issue 205 or so through the Mutant Massacre, and then another blah period after that, and I stopped reading X-titles altogether at the start of the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Spider-man by McFarlane Complete Collection (no contents listed yet): https://www.hachettebookgroup.biz/ti...9781302923730/
    Typical, just as I finally managed to get a hold of Torment... oh well, I wouldn't mind getting the rest.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Gem Mint is obviously a shill. He comes across like someone who just jumped into the youtube scene to make a quick buck. Gem Mint's UXF and Wolverine omnibus videos have proven that by now. He rarely knows what hes talking about. In contrast Omar from nearmint - you could tell the dude has a passion for comics and a history growing up with the books. Omar has even been mentioning which company prints the books in the overviews now.
    I saw his video on the Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol 1, it seemed he disliked it because it wasn't much like the cartoon. I do not get any impression that he's a fan of comics, or at least has any eye for storytelling/plot. There was another book I was interested in and found a review on his channel, and ended up choosing not to buy it because his tastes seem to be about style over substance.
    Last edited by madave; 03-30-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I saw his video on the Claremont/Lee Omnibus Vol 1, it seemed he disliked it because it wasn't much like the cartoon. I do not get any impression that he's a fan of comics, or at least has any eye for storytelling/plot. There was another book I was interested in and found a review on his channel, and ended up choosing not to buy it because his tastes seem to be about style over substance.
    And yet he very much liked Absolute Swamp Thing which is very much a book of substance. He also liked the Gotham Central Omni. There's no accounting for personal taste......we're all going to like some things others don't. I will agree that he is a 'collector'. He seems to want/need to have every omni ever released by DC & Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    And yet he very much liked Absolute Swamp Thing which is very much a book of substance. He also liked the Gotham Central Omni. There's no accounting for personal taste......we're all going to like some things others don't. I will agree that he is a 'collector'. He seems to want/need to have every omni ever released by DC & Marvel.
    Yes, Gem Mint is a collector in that he hunts for every omnibus; most of his reviews are when he goes back to read them; plus, when you look at the types of books he loves, it shows he's much more into stories outside of Marvel, DC, and Image. Best place to get reviews of content itself is here on this board to be honest. This forum has the most honest feedback on books, including those that really hate classics like Watchmen and Swamp Thing but also really love universally loathed runs like All-Star Batman and Robin.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I like Gem Mint’s channel. I also like Near Mint’s. I think they both genuinely like comics.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I don't think so, maybe have a look at his review of the Incal.

Spectacular Member

Glad you guys like him, but I saw his top ten books to read and his Claremont/Lee Omnibus reviews; not to my tastes.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Moon Knight Omnibus vol.1
    WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) 32-33; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) 28-29; DEFENDERS (1972) 47-50; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN (1976) 22-23; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 52; MOON KNIGHT (1980) 1-20; MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL (1976) 4; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 220; material from HULK MAGAZINE (1978) 11-15, 17-18, 20; MARVEL PREVIEW (1975) 21

Has anyone done a theoretical mapping of a volume 2?
    It would have to include the short seris, was it 6 or 8 issues, MK Fist Khonshu but then what? Would it double dip and contain those West Coast Avenger issues already collected in that volume? How many appearances in other titles does he have before the Marc Spector series starts? On that note I guess they would start including the first portions of that series and up to what cut off point perhaps?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Moon Knight Omnibus vol.1
    WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) 32-33; MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) 28-29; DEFENDERS (1972) 47-50; PETER PARKER, THE SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN (1976) 22-23; MARVEL TWO-IN-ONE (1974) 52; MOON KNIGHT (1980) 1-20; MARVEL TEAM-UP ANNUAL (1976) 4; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 220; material from HULK MAGAZINE (1978) 11-15, 17-18, 20; MARVEL PREVIEW (1975) 21

Has anyone done a theoretical mapping of a volume 2?
    It would have to include the short seris, was it 6 or 8 issues, MK Fist Khonshu but then what? Would it double dip and contain those West Coast Avenger issues already collected in that volume? How many appearances in other titles does he have before the Marc Spector series starts? On that note I guess they would start including the first portions of that series and up to what cut off point perhaps?
    There was some solo appearances in Solo Avengers, Marvel Fanfare, and other titles. I don’t think the WCA issues would be included. At most issue #29 which was a spotlight issue on MK. The Chuck Dixon Marc Spector: Moon Knight series would be the next series for the omnibus. No idea on the cut off point.

Incredible Member

Linking the Most Wanted Omnibus Poll thread here in case any one hasn’t seen it. According to Tigereyes over on the MMW boards he doesn’t even have 100 responses yet with a little over a week to go.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Omnibus-Poll&
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Amazing Member

Have any Youtubers mentioned the poll? They'd probably easily get to the number if all the big guys gave a shoutout to it or even better a video dedicated to it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Linking the Most Wanted Omnibus Poll thread here in case any one hasn’t seen it. According to Tigereyes over on the MMW boards he doesn’t even have 100 responses yet with a little over a week to go.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Omnibus-Poll&
    I second this. Get your votes in. Quite a few Omnibuses that end up on the list get published. If any one needs any suggestions, some of us are posting them on the thread linked by Brewman.

Incredible Member

I suffer from a disability known as "fatigue". If someone could just throw in a Spider-Man 2099 Omnibus vote...that'd be great. Thaaaanks.