Page 1141 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 1416411041109111311137113811391140114111421143114411451151 ... LastLast
Results 17,101 to 17,115 of 17446
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    So I've been getting interested in trying out some more Daredevil lately, with my attention being on the Bendis/Maleev run - as the hype for it is pretty massive. But I've noticed that there are gaps in the collection, which appears to be due to Bendis working with a different artist there. I'm a completionist myself and would hate to miss out, so... how important are those issues for the overall story? Important enough to hunt down separately?

Thanks for the tip.
    I can't answer on how important the issues are but 2 of those gaps, 20-25 and 51-55 are in the Unusual Suspects paperback that came out the other year. Issues 1-15 are either in two smaller TPBs or in the Quesada Omni, which is also pretty recent.

Fantastic Member

So I've been getting interested in trying out some more Daredevil lately, with my attention being on the Bendis/Maleev run - as the hype for it is pretty massive. But I've noticed that there are gaps in the collection, which appears to be due to Bendis working with a different artist there. I'm a completionist myself and would hate to miss out, so... how important are those issues for the overall story? Important enough to hunt down separately?
    If you’re talking about issues 20-25 and 51-55, those issues were written by other writers. Bob Gale (Back to the Future screenwriter, among many other credits) wrote “Playing to the Camera,” and David Mack wrote “Vision Quest” starring Echo. (Daredevil is barely in the latter arc, it’s an Echo story.)

I remember that I read at least the Bob Gale arc but have no memory of it. The fact that no one ever talks about it suggests it’s not some lost classic, though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

They are not mega important to the storyline. Issues #20-25 have no real repurcussions on later events and although the story featured in those issues is not bad, it is pretty forgettable as The Lucky One mentioned. Issues #50-55 basically amount to being a David Mack written and drawn Echo mini-series which hardly even features Daredevil and could have been exactly that - a separate Echo spin-off mini-series which explores who she is and her roots. Wolverine also is an integral part of the storyline. As gohei, wrote, all those issurs feature in the thick Marvel Knights: Daredevil - Unusual Suspects TPB. The complete contents are:
    DAREDEVIL: NINJA #1-3, DAREDEVIL/SPIDER-MAN #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1998) #20-25 and #51-55 and SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL #1.

As a Daredevil completist, I picked up all the singles, and later the Unusual Suspects TPB. If you're a Daredevil completist, I would say pick up the thick trade, otherwise, you can enjoy the Bendis run without reading those "missing" issues.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I can't answer on how important the issues are but 2 of those gaps, 20-25 and 51-55 are in the Unusual Suspects paperback that came out the other year. Issues 1-15 are either in two smaller TPBs or in the Quesada Omni, which is also pretty recent.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    If you’re talking about issues 20-25 and 51-55, those issues were written by other writers. Bob Gale (Back to the Future screenwriter, among many other credits) wrote “Playing to the Camera,” and David Mack wrote “Vision Quest” starring Echo. (Daredevil is barely in the latter arc, it’s an Echo story.)

I remember that I read at least the Bob Gale arc but have no memory of it. The fact that no one ever talks about it suggests it’s not some lost classic, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    They are not mega important to the storyline. Issues #20-25 have no real repurcussions on later events and although the story featured in those issues is not bad, it is pretty forgettable as The Lucky One mentioned. Issues #50-55 basically amount to being a David Mack written and drawn Echo mini-series which hardly even features Daredevil and could have been exactly that - a separate Echo spin-off mini-series which explores who she is and her roots. Wolverine also is an integral part of the storyline. As gohei, wrote, all those issurs feature in the thick Marvel Knights: Daredevil - Unusual Suspects TPB. The complete contents are:
    DAREDEVIL: NINJA #1-3, DAREDEVIL/SPIDER-MAN #1-4, DAREDEVIL (1998) #20-25 and #51-55 and SPIDER-MAN/DAREDEVIL #1.

As a Daredevil completist, I picked up all the singles, and later the Unusual Suspects TPB. If you're a Daredevil completist, I would say pick up the thick trade, otherwise, you can enjoy the Bendis run without reading those "missing" issues.
    Thanks for the help! I think I'll stick to the Bendis stuff for now.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Did the Golden Age Cap Omni get delayed? IST doesn't have it for sale, but they say a 3/3 release date.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Did the Golden Age Cap Omni get delayed? IST doesn't have it for sale, but they say a 3/3 release date.
    Pushed to next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Pushed to next week.
    I know this gets asked a lot about books being pushed around, can someone share a link to a website that shows these? I know there's one and I can't find it, where it shows original date and then revised date right next to it.
    I need to bookmark that.

thanks!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Pushed to next week.
    Thanks, Andru!

Like Rimmer, I’d like to know where I can find this info without having to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Thanks, Andru!

Like Rimmer, I’d like to know where I can find this info without having to ask.
    I’d think diamondcomics.com would be current, but please correct me if that’s wrong.

Absolutely!

I always use...

https://blog.gocollect.com/category/...nded-forecast/

Then just select which publisher you want to see. Instead of scrolling through all the releases, I just do the "Ctrl" + "F" combo and search the page for whichever title I am looking for.

It is updated on a weekly basis, so I make it a point to check it every Monday to make sure the titles I am expecting to purchase on Tuesday are actually still scheduled.

Did anyone notice if X of Swords was available on IST today? I didn't see the direct market variant nor the conventional cover, but the hardcover was announced in the email/newsletter IST now sends.

Seems like it's delayed to next week, unless both cover versions sold out that fast. I got on at 2:30pm central time and it wasn't there.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 03-02-2021 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Did anyone notice if X of Swords was available on IST today? I didn't see the direct market variant nor the conventional cover, but the hardcover was announced in the email/newsletter IST now sends.

Seems like it's delayed to next week, unless both cover versions sold out that fast. I got on at 2:30pm central time and it wasn't there.
    Was curious about that myself after getting the same email saying it arriving this week. CGN has it listed as out of stock, too. I reserved it at amazon when they had it listed for 40% off, but I'd much rather order from IST both for guaranteed condition and the dm cover.

I think it might be a matter of being delayed. Amazon recently pushed it till April 6th, so with the normal release date difference that probably means there's still another week before it's available to the direct market.

Fantastic Member

IST had it, but I sold out pretty quick.

Has anyone gotten their Uncanny X-men vol 4 Omni yet, more specifically, gotten it from CGN?

Absolutely!

I always use...

https://blog.gocollect.com/category/...nded-forecast/

Then just select which publisher you want to see. Instead of scrolling through all the releases, I just do the "Ctrl" + "F" combo and search the page for whichever title I am looking for.

It is updated on a weekly basis, so I make it a point to check it every Monday to make sure the titles I am expecting to purchase on Tuesday are actually still scheduled.
    Thank you very much for this, looks like I will be doing the same. I made a spreadsheet the other day to help keep track of these things and with the ever-changing dates, this will make it much easier.