Page 135 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 35851251311321331341351361371381391451852356351135 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    You could have the Epics oversewn, so it's not always glued. And DFAB (Double Fan Adhesive Binding) isn't particularly tight in my experience. The main issue though, you're correct, is possible gutter loss. If the trades you're binding don't have full bleed art, oversewn or DFAB would most likely work (I've bound many trades without any big gutter loss problems), but oversewn doesn't open as wide as a DFAB book.

That all said, there's not much of a difference between binding trades or floppies as far as gutter loss goes, at least in my experience, so I don't think the Epics would present any special case. What you might do is buy a couple cheap as a test bind and see how they come out.

PS - thanks guys
    I never heard of DFAB until now. Is this not used as frequently in commercial binding because if you're going to go to the lengths necessary to do DFAB or oversewn binding, you might as well just do a "proper" sewn binding with signatures from the start of production instead of the flat cut when it comes to time/money/resources?

On those Knightfall TPBs you turned into HCs with additional floppies, did you use oversewn, DFAB, or just the straight gluing method?

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Has anybody here had Marvel Epic Collections custom bound. I'm thinking about trying it out with some epics...
    Sure have. They turn out really good.
    I wrote about them here
    http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...1#.VrSKGq_qGrU

Spectacular Member MatchstickJohnny's Avatar

Good Morning All -

Amazing spider man 30 Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_30.jpg
    Last edited by MatchstickJohnny; 02-05-2016 at 08:40 PM.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Alright, so I got my copy of Stern's Spidey omnibus. The packaging was awful, and when I opened it, the spine was smashed down, with obvious damage to the book and the jacket. I sent in a contact form on the CGN website, and got this as a response.

Hi (My Name),

very sorry the USPS was not able to deliver the book to you in the same condition it went out in. If you'd like, you can return the book for a refund to:

Pulp Fiction
    1742 Clark Ave.
    Long Beach, CA 90815

We highly recommend using USPS MEDIA MAIL as this will be the most inexpensive option by far. Please make sure to include a printout of this conversation or a short note with your information, the problem, and, most importantly, your order ID #. Please ensure that the book arrives back to us within 60 days or we will not be able to process the refund.

yours,
    Max

Now:

A. They're saying that they aren't responsible to their own product being damaged

B. They want me to pay return shipping, on top of the already stupidly expensive 8 dollars shipping they charged me.

C. I live on the East Coast, so the book will have to travel back across the entire country again before I get my refund.

And even with this, its only a refund of the sale price I paid; on the site now, the book is over 60 bucks, meaning I'm loosing money over their incompetent shipping. Ad that's if the book is even in print by the time I get paid back. Am I the only one who thinks this is insane?

And, by the way, this is my first order with them, as I specifically said in the message. This is how they bring in customers?
    Cyclops was right

Fantastic Member

I have made scores of orders and received hundreds of books through CGN and had only one damaged book in the process. They sent me the exact same response, I am guessing it is a form reply. I did have to return the book at my own expense, but this is GGN's clearly stated policy. I have seen several people complaining about CGNs service, but I have been very pleased over the years I have ordered from them. Maybe I am just getting lucky.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Alright, so I got my copy of Stern's Spidey omnibus. The packaging was awful, and when I opened it, the spine was smashed down, with obvious damage to the book and the jacket. I sent in a contact form on the CGN website, and got this as a response.

Hi (My Name),

very sorry the USPS was not able to deliver the book to you in the same condition it went out in. If you'd like, you can return the book for a refund to:

Pulp Fiction
    1742 Clark Ave.
    Long Beach, CA 90815

We highly recommend using USPS MEDIA MAIL as this will be the most inexpensive option by far. Please make sure to include a printout of this conversation or a short note with your information, the problem, and, most importantly, your order ID #. Please ensure that the book arrives back to us within 60 days or we will not be able to process the refund.

yours,
    Max

Now:

A. They're saying that they aren't responsible to their own product being damaged

B. They want me to pay return shipping, on top of the already stupidly expensive 8 dollars shipping they charged me.

C. I live on the East Coast, so the book will have to travel back across the entire country again before I get my refund.

And even with this, its only a refund of the sale price I paid; on the site now, the book is over 60 bucks, meaning I'm loosing money over their incompetent shipping. Ad that's if the book is even in print by the time I get paid back. Am I the only one who thinks this is insane?

And, by the way, this is my first order with them, as I specifically said in the message. This is how they bring in customers?
    You're probably on the hook for return shipping, but you can always try to play hardball with them and threaten to do a credit card charge back if they don't pay return shipping and give you 100% refund including your initial shipping costs. There's almost nothing more retailers hate more or are scared of more than that threat. However, I believe CGN "banned" someone on these forums who pushed back on them in the past. They generally start acting immature and unprofessional when customers demand a higher level of service from them, based on their responses that have been copied and pasted here before. So if you don't mind supposedly never being allowed to purchase from them again, then go ahead and push back. It might also help to take pictures of the packaging and the condition of the book so you can have proof for them and for your credit card company.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I have made scores of orders and received hundreds of books through CGN and had only one damaged book in the process. They sent me the exact same response, I am guessing it is a form reply. I did have to return the book at my own expense, but this is GGN's clearly stated policy. I have seen several people complaining about CGNs service, but I have been very pleased over the years I have ordered from them. Maybe I am just getting lucky.
    I normally use IST but have used CGN a few times and have had no problems. I certainly understand them having the policy of customers paying return shipping. I also understand them enforcing this policy especially with new customers, but I have to say that if I had bought hundreds of books from them and only once attempted to return a book I would be a little ticked at paying for shipping given that they know based on my history as a customer that I'm not trying to pull a fast one. That being said they probably don't have the manpower to look into every return in depth. Better to have a blanket policy which protects them I guess.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    I have infinity, avengers vol 1, new avengers 1 and 2. Infinity does not have all of the issues that are in NA vol 2, maybe a few are in infinty but most are not. Also you need avengers vol 3. There is no New avengers vol 3. In a few months there is a OHC called avengers time runs out which will collect the remaining issues after Avengers vol 3 and new avengers vol 2. Then we go into Secret wars
    I agree with this assessment. The only skippable volume if you already have the Infinity OHC is Avengers 2 OHC which is duplicated entirely. New Avengers volume 2 OHC is all new materials that is not in Infinity.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Trying to buy the right omnibus before they go out of print is like playing russian roulette. Especially when you have a certain monthly budget. Man wish I had started collecting sooner lol. I have 98 omnibuses and OHC's in my wishlist right now, and I got a $400 CAD budget per month. Why do these companies suck at meeting demand?
    It's pretty rough. Try doing it on 100 CAD a month. So many hard choices!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I'm tempted by the Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus, but there is a HC with just the main story isn't there? With a lot of the extras in this just being fluff? Or am I getting mixed up with this and the Secret War omnibus?
    There is a lot of fluff in the Infinity Gaunt omnibus, but there's also a ton of great 'road to' material, including some of the best issues of Silver Surfer even printed (and they're only in OHC in this omnibus) Even if you never read the tie-ins in the back, it's an amazing omni.

Incredible Member

Hi (My Name),

Pulp Fiction
    1742 Clark Ave.
    Long Beach, CA 90815

yours,
    Max

Now:

These guys are total jerks. Customer service is atrocious.

I recommend instocktrades.

Amazing Member

I've been ordering from instocktrades since 2009 and literally have never had a problem. Not one.

I placed my first order with CGN on 1/29, second order with them yesterday. First order hasn't shipped yet, though. Assuming they're backed up from the sale?

Hi (My Name),

Pulp Fiction
    1742 Clark Ave.
    Long Beach, CA 90815

yours,
    Max

Now:

I don't understand why you expect to get the price that the book is going for now, you didn't pay that price they arnt going to give you free money. Also the book is and has been out of stock on there for some time not counting the stock on the sale. Unless you mean the variant cover which is over 70. But I'm sorry this happened to you it could of been avoided I'd they packed it better. Did you purchase the 2 dollar shipping insurance? I did with my order. That way you can contact usps and get all your money back and maybe keep the book. I've never had any issues with their packing hopefully my copy will be ok. Did they use the usual newspaper method?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JakeJarmel View Post
    I've been ordering from instocktrades since 2009 and literally have never had a problem. Not one.

I placed my first order with CGN on 1/29, second order with them yesterday. First order hasn't shipped yet, though. Assuming they're backed up from the sale?
    If I remember correctly the CGN website stated that any books that were part of the omnibus sale wouldn't be shipping until the second week of February, so if you ordered any of the on sale Omni's your order should ship next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    If I remember correctly the CGN website stated that any books that were part of the omnibus sale wouldn't be shipping until the second week of February, so if you ordered any of the on sale Omni's your order should ship next week.
    Its the first week of february. But I'd imagine they are backed up either way. They told me they couldn't even ship the orders from the sale in order from who bought first because of the high ammount of orders.