Page 1017 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 175179179671007101310141015101610171018101910201021102710671117 ... LastLast
Results 15,241 to 15,255 of 20766

Thanks Turtledog that list is always great to see updated every few months.

I recently snagged Avengers Volume 1 for cheap on Ebay at 90 bucks for a sealed JRJR variant, which has been a tough find for me and also my prized finally F4 Volume 3 with the OG black bolt cover which finally allows me to continue to read Kirby and Lee's classic.

Im hoping with the recent reprint push with Xmen some F4 stuff should be out next year ideally a Vol 4.

Wondering whats next also for DD with Bendis run being reprinted finally, I wonder if Soules can be next? or maybe a more classic run.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post

Wondering whats next also for DD with Bendis run being reprinted finally, I wonder if Soules can be next? or maybe a more classic run.
    Three obvious options to me: v2, Soule, or Nocenti. If nothing else, the aftermarket prices on some of the Nocenti epic collections might favor that route.

We're obviously talking about stuff a year out or more, but I'm also curious about Spider-man omnis for next year. They're finishing JMS and the Clone Saga this year. ASM v5, Slott, BND, maybe smushing the two Alien Costume Complete Collections into an omnibus, Spec v1?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Three obvious options to me: v2, Soule, or Nocenti. If nothing else, the aftermarket prices on some of the Nocenti epic collections might favor that route.

We're obviously talking about stuff a year out or more, but I'm also curious about Spider-man omnis for next year. They're finishing JMS and the Clone Saga this year. ASM v5, Slott, BND, maybe smushing the two Alien Costume Complete Collections into an omnibus, Spec v1?
    How is the Nocenti Daredevil stuff? I have thought about the epics but have read that a large majority of it is horrendous.

Spectacular Member

I just watched Gem Mints Wolverine Omnibus overview and comparison and it looks like the spine is glued to the cover and there is massive gutter loss IMO although in the video he says it isn’t that bad but... in my opinion it looks terrible.

Amazing Member

Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGv9aLW9crk it isin't glued. Think that last Marvel omnibuses (printing in Leo papers and this with rectangle spine form made in Malesia) are the downgrade compare to that what they sold last years and was printing in R.R Donnelly.

Some of that youtubers are funny, when they buy DC book and is made like that where the spine doesn't lift (for exmaple Batman) it is bad, but when they get book for free like this Wolverine and spine doesn't lift it is absolutely everything ok.
    The same was with Uncanny X-FORCE Omnibus Comparison https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hACw1jcJfo evidently reprint is downgrade compare to old the version and there is no problem
    Last edited by xanar; 02-18-2020 at 01:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    How is the Nocenti Daredevil stuff? I have thought about the epics but have read that a large majority of it is horrendous.
    This is what I recently replied to another poster to his question as to the content quality of the Daredevil Nocenti Epic Collections:

If you mean the type of stories, they are both Ann Nocenti which means some interesting stuff ranging from liberal to religious themes and dialogues. Some gritty streetwise action to bizarre Ultron and Mephisto strangeness. The art has John Romita Jr at his best thanks to Al Williamson's inking. Some rate Nocenti highly, whereas others dislike her Daredevil work. Definitely interesting stuff with a couple of high points but overall I'm not a fan. The Heart of Darkness Epic also has the Lifeform crossover which includes the Hulk, Punisher and Silver Surfer annuals, and actually isn't bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnight View Post
    Im hoping with the recent reprint push with Xmen some F4 stuff should be out next year ideally a Vol 4.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post

I would be absolutely over the moon if we got a Vol. 1 & 2 Omnibus of Soule's Daredevil. There's enough material for two manageable volumes similar to what was done with Bendis, Brubaker and Waid.

I'm starting to wonder if and when we'll get a Daredevil Volume 2 Omnibus of the Silver/Bronze Age. It's a long time coming. Also, a Captain America Vol. 3 Omnibus (CA #149-192) would be very much appreciated.

With regards to Spider-Man, I'm hoping for either an Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (ASM #251-285) or an Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Mark Bagley ((ASM #351-377, 381-389).

Default Marvel Collected Editions Sales - January 2020

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for January 2020 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

1. Absolute Carnage TPB - 4,619
    11. Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,684
    23. Conan The Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 3 - 1,996
    26. Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collection Vol. 25: Maximum Carnage - 1,929
    28. Fantastic Four: Grand Design by Tom Scioli Oversized TPB - 1,800
    50. Earth X TPB (2nd Printing) - 1,242
    59. Daredevil by Bendis & Maleev Omnibus Vol. 1 (2nd Printing) - 1,120
    61. Marvel Masterworks: Daredevil Vol. 14 HC - 1,101
    63. Thor By Jason Aaron: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 1,077
    74. What If? Classic: The Complete Collection Vol. 3 - 978
    75. Fantastic Four Epic Collection Vol. 3: The Coming of Galactus (2nd Printing, DM only) - 976
    76. Conan: The Hour of the Dragon TPB - 966
    78. Black Bolt by Salamin Ahmed & Christian Ward OHC - 959
    83. Marvel Masterworks: The Mighty Thor Vol. 19 HC - 943
    99. Star Wars: The Original Trilogy - The Movie Adaptations TPB - 817
    106. New Mutants Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Demon Bear Saga (2nd Printing, DM only) - 790
    109. Black Widow: Welcome to the Game TPB - 772
    122. X-Men Milestones: Onslaught TPB - 695
    123. X-Statix: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 692
    134. Black Widow: Widowmaker TPB - 660
    139. Conan Chronicles Epic Collection Vol. 4: The Battle of Shamla Pass - 641
    181. Acts of Vengeance: Avengers TPB - 501
    188. Captain America: Sam Wilson - The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 485
    207. Acts of Evil TPB - 450
    311. Agents of Atlas: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 312

@Balakin, could you please update the Top 10 Omnibus Sales on the first page? The new Top 10 is as follows:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 4 - 2,784 (May 2019)
    3. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    4. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    5. The Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,684 (January 2020)
    6. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    7. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    8. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    9. Conan The Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,430 (July 2019)
    10 The Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    @Balakin, could you please update the Top 10 Omnibus Sales on the first page? The new Top 10 is as follows:

1. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,806 units (in April 2007)
    2. Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 4 - 2,784 (May 2019)
    3. Captain America by Ed Brubaker Omnibus - 2,776 (September 2007)
    4. Amazing Spider-Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,693 (May 2017)
    5. The Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,684 (January 2020)
    6. Doctor Strange (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,602 (September 2016)
    7. Invincible Iron Man (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,447 (April 2008)
    8. Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,443 (May 2007)
    9. Conan The Barbarian: The Original Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2 - 2,430 (July 2019)
    10 The Incredible Hulk (Silver Age) Omnibus Vol. 1 - 2,312 (May 2008)
    done! thanks for the update!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Marvel has finally realized the goldmine they've been sitting on with unprinted Incredible Hulk Omni fare.
    3-Spideys
    2-Hulks

Those two take up half of the top 10 sales! Now, where is my Incredible Hulk(Silver Age) vol.2 at Marvel? Please and Thanks.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would be absolutely over the moon if we got a Vol. 1 & 2 Omnibus of Soule's Daredevil. There's enough material for two manageable volumes similar to what was done with Bendis, Brubaker and Waid.

I'm starting to wonder if and when we'll get a Daredevil Volume 2 Omnibus of the Silver/Bronze Age. It's a long time coming. Also, a Captain America Vol. 3 Omnibus (CA #149-192) would be very much appreciated.

With regards to Spider-Man, I'm hoping for either an Amazing Spider-Man by Tom DeFalco (ASM #251-285) or an Amazing Spider-Man by David Michelinie & Mark Bagley ((ASM #351-377, 381-389).
    Thank you. I will pass on those then as I was already leaning that way. As for your Spidey Omni suggestions, I am all for that. The question though is that when Marvel releases Volumes 5 and upward would those issues be collected again or skipped over since they already have omnis?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thank you. I will pass on those then as I was already leaning that way. As for your Spidey Omni suggestions, I am all for that. The question though is that when Marvel releases Volumes 5 and upward would those issues be collected again or skipped over since they already have omnis?
    At a total guess, I'd think ASM v5 would be 143-180 (or so), then up to 223 for v6, then Stern's omni would be the unofficial v7. As to Raffi's suggestion above, I feel like the DeFalco omni would have to run up to the McFarlane one - I just can't see them doing official v7, 8, 9, etc. re-doing all the Michelinie and Stern material.
    Last edited by bob.schoonover; 02-18-2020 at 08:47 AM.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Question regarding Omnibus releases: how are the quality of the paper/print compared to Epic Collections? I'm collecting the latter, but I'm not really that impressed with the quality...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Question regarding Omnibus releases: how are the quality of the paper/print compared to Epic Collections? I'm collecting the latter, but I'm not really that impressed with the quality...
    You get what you pay for. I think the quality is considerably better for omnibus. I get epics mainly to fill gaps. If an omnibus covers the same material as an epic, I’ll always opt for the omnibus.