Page 101 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 51919798991001011021031041051111512016011101 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 20730
    Incredible Member

It's always worth it to check eBay and used book stores if you don't need your books brand new mint. If you don't mind remainder marks you can get pretty much every non-special Marvel book at a discount eventually, since Marvel has no idea how much to print ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Where do you all get your Marvel GN's and TPB's? Do you buy them for full cover price when they're released or do you have some tips and tricks for getting a good deal or some special sites that have great deals?
    I use Speedyhen and Reed Comics for my books and both provide decent discounts, I don't think I've paid full price for a trade in years.

Also if you are in the UK you should check out http://prgrafix.co.uk/ for massive discounts, especially when they have their sales on. The books are all odds and ends but they do have some amazing bargains at times.

Amazing Member Orf with his head's Avatar

I'm in the UK and get all my omnibuses, OHC'S and trades from Speedyhen. They've really stepped up in regards to packaging they're omnibuses. My last two both came in huge boxes with tons of packing paper. Not a ding in sight ��

Also get the odd bargain off Amazon, and as Mr Orange has said Prgrafix has some good bargains. Hoping they get a restock soon as it's been a while since they've had anything new for sale.

In Canada, I used to buy everything on either Amazon.ca or Indigo.ca (they have the same prices). But now that the dollar is so bad, the discounts they offer off Canadian cover price is sometimes negligible. The new Epic Collections are maybe $4 off. Given that, I might buy off those sites, or I might just buy from Indigo or Chapters in-store. Or wait for a Convention, where you can sometimes get US cover or a bit off of that.

During Boxing Week, Chapters/Indigo had a deal where it was 30% off all hardcovers, in-store only. I decided to take the opportunity to replace my black-and-white, paperback Scott Pilgrim books with the newer, full-colour hardcovers. I checked the price on Amazon and Indigo online, and it ended up being cheaper to buy in-store. Plus, the Scott Pilgrim HCs didn't have a Canadian cover price, so they put stickers on them for their in-store price. Turned out that price went up, but they hadn't replaced the stickers yet, so I got them cheaper. List price was $33.50, I got them for $28.99, less 30%, so about $20 each. One store had volumes 1-3 and 5-6, so all five for $106. Went to another store for Volume 4 (they had updated their stickers correctly), so it was 30% off $33.50. But still, a great deal

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for December 2015 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list (position, title, est. sales).

20. Hawkeye OHC Vol. 2 - 2,359
    25. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Infinities - 2,210
    42. Deadpool By Posehn and Duggan OHC Vol. 4 - 1,709
    55. Marvel Masterworks Amazing Spider-Man HC Vol. 17 - 1,581
    62. Black Panther By Priest Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 1,524
    82. Wolverine Epic Collection Dying Game - 1,329
    93. X-Men Epic Collection Gift - 1,219
    94. All New X-Men OHC Vol. 3 - 1,217
    154. Deadpool By Daniel Way Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 776
    178. Amazing Spider-Man Ult Newspaper Comics HC Vol. 2 1979-1981 (IDW) - 679
    218. Incredible Hulk Sal Buscema Marvel Artist Select HC #1 (IDW) - 564

227. Alias Omnibus - 545

Some observations:
    No new Omnibus release this month. However, the Alias Omnibus has been selling well due to the Netflix show, which has caused comic retailers to put through further orders to Diamond.
    The Hawkeye Vol.2 OHC shifted very respectable numbers considering that the Omnibus was only released 2 months ago. I suspect that the Omnibus may very well go OOP sooner than we think.
    Btw, the bestselling Omnibus of the month was iZombie from DC with a figure of 1,095.

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Interesting that the iZombie omnibus did that well. I'm glad to see the Black Panther Complete Collection is getting solid numbers.

How are you guys going to collect the upcoming relaunched Marvel stuff? Are you going to just hold out for OHCs and miss series that most likely won't get OHCs (Vision, Ultimates etc) or are you going to buy everything in tpb and the sell it when an OHC is announced?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    There's no reason you should ever pay cover price for a new book on the internet. All new books are usually between 30-60% off cover.
    Unless you live in Canada, where the economy is collapsing and Amazon is offering 4 to 11 percent off the already overpriced Canadian price. Some of the older books still have the 34% discount, but none of the new books do. Canadians are now completely screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mix_Masta_Micah View Post
    Interesting that the iZombie omnibus did that well. I'm glad to see the Black Panther Complete Collection is getting solid numbers.

How are you guys going to collect the upcoming relaunched Marvel stuff? Are you going to just hold out for OHCs and miss series that most likely won't get OHCs (Vision, Ultimates etc) or are you going to buy everything in tpb and the sell it when an OHC is announced?
    Marvel Unlimited for me. I can't be doing with tiny 4 or 5 issue trades, and I've reach the end of my tether for collecting floppies after all these relaunches.

Anything I enjoy that's released in omni or ohc can then be grabbed later ☺

Fantastic Member Mix_Masta_Micah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post
    Marvel Unlimited for me. I can't be doing with tiny 4 or 5 issue trades, and I've reach the end of my tether for collecting floppies after all these relaunches.

Hmm that's an interesting idea...

Hmm that's an interesting idea...
    Similar to me, I buy digitally and then re buy the stuff I really enjoy in whatever format I like the look of later on. The second I could I stopped buying floppies, I don't know how I had the patience for them when I was a kid. I guess no options helped.

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    Where do you all get your Marvel GN's and TPB's? Do you buy them for full cover price when they're released or do you have some tips and tricks for getting a good deal or some special sites that have great deals?
    Between Pulp Fiction (CGN's b&m shop), IST, ebay, cons, etc.

I will buy at cover price if something is oop at a lcs.

I now have a complete Brubaker Captain America run made up of three complete collections, three PHC's and the last two omnibuses.

Just finished The Man Without A Face, it's easy to forget just how great the action is, how much of the Marvel universe is used including the outlandish and realistic and how subtle the character development can be. I think I'd consider Steve and Bucky favourites but not in my top 3 but it's getting harder and harder to think of reasons why this run isn't my all time favourite series.

Incredible Member

I won't be buying 95% of it in TPB. I'll only get TPBs for a select few series that are basically carrying over from pre-Secret Wars that I was already collecting in TPB and HCs are unlikely. I'm just no longer interested in 4, 5 or 6 issue trades at the Marvel price point when they don't even provide a complete story in and of themselves. To me that's the biggest failure of modern comics, but I feel like I'm in the minority in that opinion. You have to read two, three or even four trades to actually get a story that has a beginning, middle and end these days. I don't understand how people read these superhero books in the floppy monthly format and remember anything about them month to month. But that's a different tangent. If we get OHCs or Omnibuses, great, I'll check out the series that way provided it has good reviews and it's something I could see myself being interested in - like the new Vision family series. Cool concept, but I'm not buying TPBs for that. If Marvel won't do OHCs/Omnibuses, then I'll just read it digitally one way or another and save some physical space. The backlog is big enough that I have no shortage of various trades from all sorts of publishers to physically read, and these Marvel books will almost always be available digitally one way or another whenever I feel like catching up in the future.

I used to buy TPBs then sell when the upgrade OHC came along - mostly with various Image trades - but I'm done doing that now. Those TPBs are great for people who want to dive in and maybe even prefer paperback. But I'll just wait out deluxe hardcovers now since more and more Image books are eventually going that route. TPBs, whether Marvel or Image (or DC), rarely hold their value and the vast majority of them never become scarce. To buy up TPBs then re-sell them when a deluxe HC comes out means you'll be lucky to break even and more likely will take a net loss. I'd rather just buy it once in the format I prefer and not lose money, deal with eBay, shipping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noble View Post

Same. Marvel Unlimited monthly, and I'll get OHCs or omnibuses for any books that I really like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I now have a complete Brubaker Captain America run made up of three complete collections, three PHC's and the last two omnibuses.

Just finished The Man Without A Face, it's easy to forget just how great the action is, how much of the Marvel universe is used including the outlandish and realistic and how subtle the character development can be. I think I'd consider Steve and Bucky favourites but not in my top 3 but it's getting harder and harder to think of reasons why this run isn't my all time favourite series.
    Brubaker ruined Baron Zemo's character development in Thunderbolts and his last saga was mediocre at best (although he redeemed himself with his last tale).

There, I gave you reasons.