Page 517 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 174174675075135145155165175185195205215275676171017 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    Hi!
    I've been reading the X-men OHC & Omniboo from 1st to UXM omnibus 3, between Omnibus 2 and UXM Omnibus 1 what happened with the characters?
    Do Avengers stories explain why beast grew blue fur? Angel & Icemen join the Defenders? I know Masteworks has a volume not included in the Omniboo but it's just appearances in Avengers, 1st Wolverine in the Hulk magazine & so, right?
    Also there's the "X-Men: The Hidden Years" from late 90's, supposed to take place in this in between, right? is it any good?
    Your best bet would be reviewing Marvel Masterworks X-Men Vol 7 & 8...

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...xmen_mm07.html

http://www.collectededitions.com/mar...xmen_mm08.html

As for the Hidden Years. In my opinion, you can skip it. Not memorable at all.

Incredible Member

Hi!
    I've been reading the X-men OHC & Omniboo from 1st to UXM omnibus 3, between Omnibus 2 and UXM Omnibus 1 what happened with the characters?
    Do Avengers stories explain why beast grew blue fur? Angel & Icemen join the Defenders? I know Masteworks has a volume not included in the Omniboo but it's just appearances in Avengers, 1st Wolverine in the Hulk magazine & so, right?
    Also there's the "X-Men: The Hidden Years" from late 90's, supposed to take place in this in between, right? is it any good?
    Angel and Iceman formed The Champions not the Defenders. That whole series is contained in 1 MMW volume.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm not seeing Daredevil SA vol.1 up at IST or CGN.
    Seems it was all pushed back...but to when?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm not seeing Daredevil SA vol.1 up at IST or CGN.
    Seems it was all pushed back...but to when?
    I think just till next week, at least according to ToW

Is the paper quality in the Complete Collection line the same as it is in the Epic line? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Is the paper quality in the Complete Collection line the same as it is in the Epic line? Thanks.
    no it's glossy like the regular tpbs'.

Haven't bought a book in quite a while, but happy to get Alpha Flight today. It's been a long time since I read any of those issues.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Yeah, what Balakin said. The paper quality is really good. I recently picked up several of the and are very happy with the books.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Thanks for the replies, guys! Will start with the Runaways Complete Collection, then.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dougtron View Post
    So how important is the 80's Dazzler series to X-Men continuity? If I skip reading it will I be lost on anything when she becomes a regular team member?
    I don't think the stories in Dazzler directly interacted with the then 80's X-Men run, in fact there weren't any crossover issues with it either that I can think of except for maybe the Secret Wars storyline that was going on.

Hi!
    Like others mentioned the Beast got blue & furry during his Amazing Adventures series. See: X-Men Masterworks v. 7.

After they left the X-Men, Beast was in Avengers for a while then he and Iceman joined the Champions, then later the Defenders in the early/mid 1980s pre-X-Factor, yes.

So how important is the 80's Dazzler series to X-Men continuity? If I skip reading it will I be lost on anything when she becomes a regular team member?
    Dazzler debuted of all places at the beginning of the Dark Phoenix storyline in UXM. Then she had her own series for a while. You probably should ask our resident x-pert around her for all things x-related, Krisis. I don't recall Dazzler having much of any interaction with the X-Men during her early appearances (other than her 1st appearance and maybe the X-Men guesting in her series once or twice, if that).

She is an interesting character if you read up on her early history & creation. Originally conceived to be (no joke) a disco-record-or-movie-I-forget-which-tie-in-character with mass market appeal, she got her own series in the early 80s and a Marvel Graphic Novel. After her series fizzled out she was supposed to have been a founding member of X-Factor with the other original X-Men (minus Jean) until Marvel decided to bring Marvel Girl back. Then, Dazzler joined up with the UXM crew during the "outback era" in Australia. The movie/record thing never came to pass. So she ended up just being a mutant with music/light powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Angel and Iceman formed The Champions not the Defenders. That whole series is contained in 1 MMW volume.
    True but he said "joined" the Defenders. In the mid-80s Marvel turned the title into the "new" Defenders and it included Iceman, Angel and I'm pretty sure Beast, among other characters.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    True but he said "joined" the Defenders. In the mid-80s Marvel turned the title into the "new" Defenders and it included Iceman, Angel and I'm pretty sure Beast, among other characters.
    True; however since he was questioning the "lost" years stuff I figured he might have meant the Champions since it was the 2 characters he mentioned and it launched pretty much concurrent to UXM and therefore more on point of his question imo, but both are prior to X-Factor. Plus I just finished the Champions MMW so it jumped right to the front of my brain.

I saw I the 1k challenge you just finished the Bendis GotG omni. What did you think? I have the first OHC and wasn't really wowed or disappointed by it.
    Last edited by Brewman; 01-31-2017 at 06:31 PM.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

No crossover, really, but if you skip it, you'll miss all her awesome adventures of dating, playing gigs with her band, fighting with her dad over her career choice, and managing not to get killed by some of the most powerful members of the Marvel Universe! Excelsior!

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    BTW, mentioning Stern just reminded me of another question. He has 2 Avengers epics that are sitting in my wishlist for a while. On the one hand as I mentioned I found Stern a spectacular superhero writer. On the other hand I can't read the Avengers. I can read WCA but as soon as the attention is on the big characters it just fails to interest me (see the Byrne omnibus which I couldn't even finish). No idea why, I love the movies and I love the idea of the team or the individual members but the stories themselves just don't do it for me. Should I still go for the Stern material?
    I don't have any help for you, really, but I'm in kind of the same boat. After LOVING the Stern Spidey omni, I've been grabbing all kinds of Stern Avengers books. I haven't read any of them yet (HOARDER), but they have to be good, right?