Page 914 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 4148148649049109119129139149159169179189249641014 ... LastLast
Results 13,696 to 13,710 of 15935

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    So look at the price for the Conan omnibus DM cover on cheapgraphicnovels if more stock comes in, talk about raping my wallet.

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/c...hc-dm-var.html
    This is the first DM cover in a LONG while to go OOP same day, as far as I know. Either it be unique in that the Conan fans are a big population and slathering to get this, and/or everyone decided the DM cover was hands above the standard cover. Personally, I always chose the original artwork DM cover when buying new books, although on used I take what I can. Even when it's Alex Ross, ala FF vol 3, I would still go DM if I could. But that one's a hard one for me. That FF v3 Ross cover is amazing.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

I wish I jumped on the ugly cover when IST was offering it for 57% off

Spectacular Member

What’s Waid’s Fantastic Four omnibus like?
    I’ve been picking up Byrne and Hickman FF, and coz of Hawkeye the Fraction one.
    Last edited by koonfasa; 01-31-2019 at 12:37 AM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    A few dribbles on Amazon (there are more, but these were the ones I know haven't been discussed)

Not particularly surprising, but the Age of X-Man minis will all be collected individually:
    https://smile.amazon.com/Age-X-Man-M...5654081&sr=1-8
    https://smile.amazon.com/Age-X-Man-N...5654081&sr=1-1

Also, another X-Men Epic:
    https://smile.amazon.com/X-Men-Epic-...5654081&sr=1-3
    Very weird endpoint on this collection - just two issues between the end here and the start of any X-Tinction Agenda collection
    Why doesn't the X-Men Epic include the 4 issues after Inferno (244-247)? If you start at 248, you dive in the middle of the story...

Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I wish I jumped on the ugly cover when IST was offering it for 57% off
    Never wait if you can afford it now, cause that discount will go away and then your current feeling sinks in(even if you can afford it now, it is still higher).

I'm not buying ugly cover. I'll just miss out but it is not like Marvel will know it lost my sale and who knows how many others cause they didn't just have the ONE quality cover. The content interests me, just doesn't compel me with an ugly cover.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Sometime we (at least I) forget the use of an original cover on a collected hard cover book or omnibus is more a Marvel extra things and not
    some standard practice Marvel and D C have employed for awhile.
    Looking at both the D C Omnibus and Absolutes and Archives, they never offered a cover from one of the books contained within.
    While Marvel has been consistent with Omnibuses and Masterworks.
    Some times spoiling can have a negative effect every now and than and
    for sure the quick sell out of the Conan direct market cover is one of them.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    Sometime we (at least I) forget the use of an original cover on a collected hard cover book or omnibus is more a Marvel extra things and not
    some standard practice Marvel and D C have employed for awhile.
    Looking at both the D C Omnibus and Absolutes and Archives, they never offered a cover from one of the books contained within.
    While Marvel has been consistent with Omnibuses and Masterworks.
    Some times spoiling can have a negative effect every now and than and
    for sure the quick sell out of the Conan direct market cover is one of them.
    If the cover on the DC book isn't a cover from within the book then it's usually a brand new cover altogether, which I think is preferable to just slapping an original on the front.

Marvel's tactic of using modern recreations of classic covers seems like a weird half-assed move to me.
    Miller was right.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Marvelís Monster-Sized Hardcover to be 1/3 Less Monstrous:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ess-monstrous/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Marvel’s Monster-Sized Hardcover to be 1/3 Less Monstrous:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02...ess-monstrous/
    No word on a price drop?

Typical Marvel
    We need better comics

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    What’s Waid’s Fantastic Four omnibus like?
    I’ve been picking up Byrne and Hickman FF, and coz of Hawkeye the Fraction one.
    I'm a big fan of this run, which is mostly light-hearted fun but includes some pretty major dramatic developments in its middle portion, and they did a great job with the omnibus. There are lots of extras in the back, including interesting email discussions between Waid and editor Tom Brevoort, discarded pages (plus Waid's commentary on why they were rewritten) and sketches by Wieringo.

Waids F4 was a good read.
    That is the land of lost content, I see it shining plain, the happy highways where I went and cannot come again.

I just purchased the X-Men: Revolution Omnibus and it collects up to X-Men issue #109. Eve of Destruction collects #111-113.

Dreams End collects #108-110. Do I REALLY have to keep Eve of Destruction just so I can have issue #110 or is it collected somewhere else too? I'm a completest but was hoping not to have to keep a graphic novel for ONE issue. Any help is appreciated!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    I just purchased the X-Men: Revolution Omnibus and it collects up to X-Men issue #109. Eve of Destruction collects #111-113.

Dreams End collects #108-110. Do I REALLY have to keep Eve of Destruction just so I can have issue #110 or is it collected somewhere else too? I'm a completest but was hoping not to have to keep a graphic novel for ONE issue. Any help is appreciated!
    Eve of Destruction HC has been solicited and will line up with the Revolution Omnibus. https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/x...uction-hc.html
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Speaking of the Conan Omnibus...I think I actually prefer the coloring in the Dark Horse trades. I like the muted colors more than the super bright primary colors - they don't seem to work as well for Conan's world. I was excited to get the oversized art with the original coloring, but I might keep reading the DH trades. Will probably still buy at least the first three omnis as I am missing trades #6 and #8, which have been OOP forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Eve of Destruction HC has been solicited and will line up with the Revolution Omnibus. https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/x...uction-hc.html
    Great news! Thank you so much!