Page 1082 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 8258298210321072107810791080108110821083108410851086109211321182 ... LastLast
Results 16,216 to 16,230 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It's one of two Polish online comic retailers I use from time to time: multiversum.pl

https://multiversum.pl/p/1682/174676...rvel-tomy.html

Unfortunately, they don't ship outside of Poland anymore.
    Thanks for that. I thought it might have been from somewhere like IST or DCBS. You're lucky to have a local option that gives discounts.

Amazing Member

What's everyone's consensus on the two Inferno covers? I can't make up my mind. The regular cover looks great, but the DM with the portrait shots looks good too imo.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    I preorder from them too, now they have very good prices but the contact with the customer is not very good
    The ship outside Poland ever ?

There is atomcomics, they have higher prices but they ship outside Poland, and they have very good contact with customer .

https://www.atomcomics.pl/pl/p/AVENG...-DM-VAR/155515
    Yes, I agree with you. Atomcomics have very good customer service. They have always done me right whenever there was a problem with a comic, with Multiversum this hasn't been the case. But yes, Multiversum at present have very good preorder prices.

At one point, Multiversum did ship abroad, several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Thanks for that. I thought it might have been from somewhere like IST or DCBS. You're lucky to have a local option that gives discounts.
    Yes, I agree, that we're fortunate at present, but the prices at other times can be pretty steep. I hope you find a decent seller. I used to order a lot from UK online retailers (Amazon.co.uk, third party sellers) and if they couldn't deliver to Poland have them send the comics to my brother or other family in the UK. At prrsent, there's booksetc.co.uk, but they don't always have everything.

I have no idea about viability, price or where to ask, completely noob question here.

If I wanted to buy a Ms. Marvel (2014) #1 in a 9 to 9.8, just for posterity, I don't want to sit on it for value sake. Kamala's my favourite fem Superhero. How do I do that? What's the reliable/cost-effective way for just buying one?

Thanks.

I asked this over on the Share your Experiences thread, but I'm going to ask here too if that's okay.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm looking at getting the DM Variant for the Gathering Omni. Getting it locally would be prohibitively expensive, but US options likes IST or DCBS are not as expensive as I thought, even with international shipping. Even though it means paying up front, I'm inclined towards DCBS because it's a) slightly cheaper, and b) it's less of a gamble to get the cover I want.

However, I notice that IST gets mentioned more than DCBS in these threads. So before I put an order in, I just want to check if there's any major difference in the service either company provides.

I'm guessing the main reason IST gets more chatter is down to the ordering process (i.e. you have to order on the day of release to get what you want). But before I press the order button, I just want to make sure there aren't any pitfalls that I'm missing.

Thanks!

Amazing Member

They're sister companies. DCBS is specialized almost exclusively in preorders, so they're the best ones to go with. They offer preorders for a full month, and after that you need to contact them manually to place a preorder, and it's only at a 40% discount instead of the usual 50%. In general I don't recommend ever doing that if your goal is a DM cover, because that's the only time I've had a preorder that didn't go through. I had preordered a DM book a few weeks after preorders had originally closed, so my order date probably put me at the back of the queue and I was one of the few who didn't get it as a result.

The best way to be absolutely certaint of getting a DM is to preorder at DCBS within the first 10 days of the monthly orders opening. I guess if you get it late in the month you're still likely to get it but there wouldn't be the same sense of certainty.

Thanks Taiyaki! I plan on ordering in the next few days, so hopefully that'll put me high on the list. Assuming everything goes to plan*, this will be my first collected edition with a DM Variant

*I've just jinxed it now, haven't I??

All-New Member

Well crap, I ordered day of, with in minutes of it being put on the site and a week later I get this: "WOLVERINE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 DM VAR NEW PTG is temporarily out of stock and is on backorder with our distributor. Is there anything you would like to substitute? Otherwise, we can refund this book. We apologize for the problem."
    Anyone else get this or something similar?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Well crap, I ordered day of, with in minutes of it being put on the site and a week later I get this: "WOLVERINE OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 DM VAR NEW PTG is temporarily out of stock and is on backorder with our distributor. Is there anything you would like to substitute? Otherwise, we can refund this book. We apologize for the problem."
    I just received this email too. I'm surprised how it was oversold given that the stock and availability should be more conservative/controlled because of the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by coreycwheat View Post
    Wow, that really sucks. I've never heard of that happening before with new releases in IST.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    It's one of two Polish online comic retailers I use from time to time: multiversum.pl

https://multiversum.pl/p/1682/174676...rvel-tomy.html

Unfortunately, they don't ship outside of Poland anymore.
    You should also check out www.waltscomicshop.com. They sell on ebay for many years, impeccable packaging and good reviews. They now also offer Pre-Orders on their site. Definitely not as cheap as US Shops, but they have a 9,90€ to Europe shipping fee now, so maybe that works out for you.
    https://waltscomicshop.com/products/...s&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    You should also check out www.waltscomicshop.com. They sell on ebay for many years, impeccable packaging and good reviews. They now also offer Pre-Orders on their site. Definitely not as cheap as US Shops, but they have a 9,90€ to Europe shipping fee now, so maybe that works out for you.
    https://waltscomicshop.com/products/...s&_ss=e&_v=1.0
    Thanks for the info. I checked them out, they seem ok but their prices are on the highish level. However, I will keep them in mind.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I finally got my Black Widow Omni along with my Cloak & Dagger Omni. Neither read yet but I'm impressed flipping through them both.

Black Widow: I love how the book covers three decades of spotlight, largely solo stories of Nat from the 70's through late 90s. Showcasing 3 costume variations and the variety of art styles within each era and format. The bonus covers in the back are worth mentioning as well. Being that this is essentially a greatest hits of the 20th century book I'm looking forward to future collections. Several of her solo runs are worthy in length of their own omni. She has enough minis to probably do a smaller 'greatest hits' Omni of the first decade+ for Black Widow.

Cloak & Dagger: Great bonus material in back. I love that I got the standard cover this time(usually go for DM but it wasn't a cover) but the DM image is embossed on the back of the book. The issues themselves look great and I can't wait to read them. Also glad that this says 'Volume 1' giving long distance hope for more in the future.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I have no idea about viability, price or where to ask, completely noob question here.

If I wanted to buy a Ms. Marvel (2014) #1 in a 9 to 9.8, just for posterity, I don't want to sit on it for value sake. Kamala's my favourite fem Superhero. How do I do that? What's the reliable/cost-effective way for just buying one?

Thanks.
    I used the power of Google to figure it out eventually (I hope I did anyway).

Step 1. Check https://comics.gocollect.com/ for the issue you want, what the price trend is and what the recommended price is for the issue and grade. Step 2. Check eBay's sold listings to see what the average price actually is in practice. Step 3. Find a CGC 9.6 or 9.8 version for the price you want, anything lower seems to have defects you can notice casually. Step 4. Avoid restored copies and enter the serial number on CGC to check the books legitimacy and price. Step 5. Stress about whether you were lowballing sellers until you reach an agreement. Step 6. Enjoy the book.

Incredible Member

It's amazing to me that JMS Spidey omni v1 isn't even available at jacked prices on Amazon. Just can't find it anywhere. Hope it comes back for a second printing.