Page 1091 of 1091 FirstFirst ... 915919911041108110871088108910901091
Results 16,351 to 16,353 of 16353

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Anyone else having / had similar issues with TOW/IST/DCBS now or before covid? Do they have a phone number to call? Just been radio silence for weeks from them
    Not exactly, but somewhat similar. IST used to respond quickly and had great customer service but there has been a decline. When they respond they are great, but it's now taking a week or more to hear back. I actually wanted to add onto an order and make a larger purchase with them and messaged them to do so and never heard back despite it being weeks ago. I also have an order placed on September 27th that still is not done and shipped, as well as one from October 7th. I don't know what their staffing situation is like but for some reason I have trouble imagining them being all screwed up from COVID. But maybe that's dumb of me. But I've ordered from Amazon and from an Ebay seller I've used often and had no real delays in stuff being shipped out, although the shipping itself has taken longer. I just wish I knew what was happening on their end to cause this. Maybe they are short-staffed. It's been frustrating but not so much that ill stop using them.

ToW definitely makes me nervous on my pre-orders because they have flat-out told me they have no way to track and hold what amounts need to be set aside. What I hear with that is that they don't have a system set up, but I honestly can't imagine it would be that difficult to set it up like, "ok, we will receive 200 copies to sell between IST / ToW, so we know we need 100 available come release date, so we can accept the first 100 pre-orders, and then after that it becomes the first 100 on release day". I'm not an expert but I'm sure that it shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

I still have pre-orders in and will continue to do so. And if I really want the book, like the WotR DM variant omnibus, ill try to get it from IST on release and if I get 2 then I'll have to find someone to buy extra. I had WotR along with JLA by Morrison bundled because they had the same release date but then the JLA got pushed back a couple weeks so I didn't want to miss my chance.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    Not exactly, but somewhat similar. IST used to respond quickly and had great customer service but there has been a decline. When they respond they are great, but it's now taking a week or more to hear back. I actually wanted to add onto an order and make a larger purchase with them and messaged them to do so and never heard back despite it being weeks ago. I also have an order placed on September 27th that still is not done and shipped, as well as one from October 7th. I don't know what their staffing situation is like but for some reason I have trouble imagining them being all screwed up from COVID. But maybe that's dumb of me. But I've ordered from Amazon and from an Ebay seller I've used often and had no real delays in stuff being shipped out, although the shipping itself has taken longer. I just wish I knew what was happening on their end to cause this. Maybe they are short-staffed. It's been frustrating but not so much that ill stop using them.

ToW definitely makes me nervous on my pre-orders because they have flat-out told me they have no way to track and hold what amounts need to be set aside. What I hear with that is that they don't have a system set up, but I honestly can't imagine it would be that difficult to set it up like, "ok, we will receive 200 copies to sell between IST / ToW, so we know we need 100 available come release date, so we can accept the first 100 pre-orders, and then after that it becomes the first 100 on release day". I'm not an expert but I'm sure that it shouldn't be that difficult to set up.

I still have pre-orders in and will continue to do so. And if I really want the book, like the WotR DM variant omnibus, ill try to get it from IST on release and if I get 2 then I'll have to find someone to buy extra. I had WotR along with JLA by Morrison bundled because they had the same release date but then the JLA got pushed back a couple weeks so I didn't want to miss my chance.
    Thanks for responding. I understand that IST/TOW are pretty much the only game in town when it comes to those discounts. But finding out weeks after a book's release that No I won't be getting it from them and now have to buy it from Amazon at probably-full price and shoddy packaging, is pretty frustrating; especially as one of my ToW orders (the one from which 3 pre-ordered books went out of stock) already charged my card a month ago for the full order, with none of the refunds of the 3 books showing up yet and the order itself showing as not having been shipped yet (even though all books within it were released 2+ weeks ago). Like, I'd be fine if there were more communication, but there isn't. Alas...

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Thanks for responding. I understand that IST/TOW are pretty much the only game in town when it comes to those discounts. But finding out weeks after a book's release that No I won't be getting it from them and now have to buy it from Amazon at probably-full price and shoddy packaging, is pretty frustrating; especially as one of my ToW orders (the one from which 3 pre-ordered books went out of stock) already charged my card a month ago for the full order, with none of the refunds of the 3 books showing up yet and the order itself showing as not having been shipped yet (even though all books within it were released 2+ weeks ago). Like, I'd be fine if there were more communication, but there isn't. Alas...
    No problem. That's my big problem right now is that it takes so long to hear from them. And again, that they don't have a system to make sure the people that pre-orders get their books. Someone who has pre-ordered with DCBS could answer better, but I think that route is the closest you can get to being guaranteed to get the books you pre-order, because I think maybe ordering a few months out like that means they can keep one for you? Someone who has used DCBS could answer better. The closest I could get to a guarantee from Emily at IST / ToW is that if you order by the date listed on the ToW homepage, you are basically guaranteed. I know nothing is 100% and things can happen, but I ordered and paid for Brubaker Cap and ASM 2 before the due date, so in theory i should be good.

So far I have gotten all books that I have been pre-ordered after the "guaranteed" date without an issue.