Page 1068 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 6856896810181058106410651066106710681069107010711072107811181168 ... LastLast
Results 16,006 to 16,020 of 20732

So excited for All-New Wolverine omni!

Quote Originally Posted by midgetradio View Post
    Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I just noticed that volume 2 of the Wolverine Epic Collection is OOP and going for like $70. Weren't the Epics supposed to be evergreen? Any chance it'll be back in print soon?
    Where did you get they were evergreen?
    Some go for ridiculous money, I tried to get the Moon Kinght ones and they were crazy.

I am beyond happy with these up coming Omnibus releases.
    I have been wanting Defenders omnibus Bronze Age for years.
    I super loved both All New Wolverine and Doctor Aphra runs.
    Really wanted both in omnibus, but never thought it would happen.
    And than there is the Avengers leather jacket faze omnibus.
    Read the original floppies, and look forward to getting the omnibus/
    So that is 4 winners for me.
    Not too familiar with Slott Ironman run, will check out the layout and
    Decide on release.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    So excited for All-New Wolverine omni!

Where did you get they were evergreen?
    Some go for ridiculous money, I tried to get the Moon Kinght ones and they were crazy.
    When the Epic Collection line was originally announced, Marvel never said 'evergreen' but suggested that books would be reprinted as needed (and a few have gone back to print).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

I've been in the same boat waiting for The Defenders to be properly Omni'ed. I'm unfamiliar with that era of The Avengers but will probably pick it up as well.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    IST has the She-Hulk by Byrne omni again right now for those looking.
    They also have the SSOC 3 DM variant cover as well. Way nicer cover than the standard...

Incredible Member

This may have been asked before, but when Marvel releases a run in OSHC and then re-releases it in Omnibus format (for example, Waid's DD run which was 5 OSHCs then reprinted as 2 Omnibuses), do all of the extras from all of the OSHCs make it into the Omnibuses? Or does Marvel tend to pick and choose what back matter and extra content goes into the Omnibus editions?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    This may have been asked before, but when Marvel releases a run in OSHC and then re-releases it in Omnibus format (for example, Waid's DD run which was 5 OSHCs then reprinted as 2 Omnibuses), do all of the extras from all of the OSHCs make it into the Omnibuses? Or does Marvel tend to pick and choose what back matter and extra content goes into the Omnibus editions?
    From my experience, in general yes. Using the Daredevil Waid run, I went through the first three OHCs (I have Vol. 4 and 5 but didn't crack them open) and Omnibuses and the OHCs had only one extra variant cover in the back. The Marvel Knights Quesada Omnibus had everything from the Daredevil Vol. 1 OHC and Daredevil Father OHC and some.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts, Raffi. What do you think about Avengers the Gathering and Empyre? Will those two omnis be worth getting in your opinion?
    Sorry Nab but I can't comment on these as I haven't read them yet. With regards to The Gathering, I stopped reading comics in the mid/late 1980s before the 90s leather jacket shoulder pad era and only got back into comics in the early 2010s. Saying that, I will be picking up Avengers The Gathering.

I won't be picking up Empyre. I'm just not a fan of Hulkling and the Empyre concept as well as the fact that I checked out of buying Marvel Events in OHC/Omnibus format after Hickman's Secret Wars. Saying that, I may pick up War of the Realms Omnibus as an exception.

Spectacular Member

I have to admit that I feel a bit betrayed with the Dr aphra omnibus. They released the first OHC but they never continued, but at least it's something

I'm also still waiting for them to continue releasing the main star wars series by Greg Pak in hardcover, after Aaron left

Some more OHC and omni reprints (some really cool ones if you ask me) just announced by NMC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEQP4fsfqH0
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I barely have the time to look at these boards let alone watch Omar's videos.
    I picked up a Defenders Omni is coming, if so GREAT!
    What else, PM if you need to but apologies to Omar I don't have that much extra time.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I barely have the time to look at these boards let alone watch Omar's videos.
    I picked up a Defenders Omni is coming, if so GREAT!
    What else, PM if you need to but apologies to Omar I don't have that much extra time.
    The 7 announced Omnis:

- Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe (Deluxe Edition)
    - Avengers - The Gathering
    - Iron Man by Dan Slott
    - The Defenders (classic)
    - Empyre
    - Star Wars - Doctor Aphra
    - All-New Wolverine by Tom Taylor

New Marvel OHCS:

Immortal Hulk Vol. 3
    Marvel Snapshots
    Fantastic Four by Dan Slott Vol. 1
    Avengers by Jason Aaron Vol. 1
    Daredevil by Chip Zdarsky Vol. 1

New Marvel Omnibus Reprints:

Golden Age Captain America Vol. 1
    Captain America by Jack Kirby
    Untold Tales of Spider-Man
    Spider-Man by Roger Stern
    Inferno OHC (with Omnibus branding)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Mighty Member

Is Untold Tales worth it? I've always been kind of interested in checking the title out
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Is Untold Tales worth it? I've always been kind of interested in checking the title out
    It's Kurt Busiek writing Silver Age Spider-Man stories. If you're a fan of any of those elements, I would highly recommend it.

I'm not falling for the Daredevil trickery again, Marvel released 5 OHC's for Waid's run which I bought and then 2 omnibus. I'll wait for the Zdarsky Omnibus I think.