Page 1094 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 9459499410441084109010911092109310941095109610971098110411441194 ... LastLast
Results 16,396 to 16,410 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I plan on picking up the collection. While I haven't read any of the one-shots, the reviews have been almost universally positive, and most feature creators I already love.
    Thanks for the response. I'll look into it. If I don't decide on it, then this month will probably consist of zero preorders for me which isn't a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor_Von_Doom View Post
    I'm fully aware, I work 2 jobs in the medical field. I have had many patients with COVID. I don't know what that job is like day in and day out, so maybe they have been severely impacted. But you can't just say "Uh, global pandemic" and have that blanket statement be the answer to everything. Perhaps they had to lay off people and are short-staffed. Perhaps they are much busier because people are suddenly placing more orders because they are spending more time at home. But different business and fields are impacted differently, so I'm curious as the specific reason why they're suddenly taking weeks to finish packing orders and not responding to emails at all. I'm not throwing a fit and saying they're terrible and they're dead to me. I'm going to keep ordering from them. But "Uh, global pandemic" is not just a simple answer to everything, I was curious about the specifics.
    I mean, it is a pretty good blanket statement.

However, they also just became the sole distribution center for all of DC Comics, so that plus global pandemic is going to lead to some bumps.

I've been buying from IST for years, sure things are slower now than usual, but what isn't right now. Their customer service is always super friendly and helpful. You'll get your books. I have an order from 2 weeks ago, and now this week, that I'm waiting for. It happens. Things will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I mean, it is a pretty good blanket statement.

However, they also just became the sole distribution center for all of DC Comics, so that plus global pandemic is going to lead to some bumps.

I've been buying from IST for years, sure things are slower now than usual, but what isn't right now. Their customer service is always super friendly and helpful. You'll get your books. I have an order from 2 weeks ago, and now this week, that I'm waiting for. It happens. Things will be fine.
    Oh, I'm not mad. I make a post here or there when I have downtime, it's not something I'm obsessing over. I got into comics a few years ago so I'm trying to scoop up all this stuff i want before it goes out of print because I like reading the physical copies vs digital, and some of this stuff doesn't seem to stay in print very long. Not able to space it out as much as I'd like. But this is not some "Woe is me" thing, I'm good.

What did you mean about the DC thing? I know they stopped sending their stuff to Diamond and I thought I heard recently that one of the new places dropped out of the arrangement. What does that have to do with IST? I'm not attacking you or them, I'm genuinely curious, same as I was with the other stuff I was saying. Some businesses have been affected horribly, and for some, it's barely noticeable other than everyone now wearing masks and maybe staying a few more feet apart.

Oh, I'm not mad. I make a post here or there when I have downtime, it's not something I'm obsessing over. I got into comics a few years ago so I'm trying to scoop up all this stuff i want before it goes out of print because I like reading the physical copies vs digital, and some of this stuff doesn't seem to stay in print very long. Not able to space it out as much as I'd like. But this is not some "Woe is me" thing, I'm good.

What did you mean about the DC thing? I know they stopped sending their stuff to Diamond and I thought I heard recently that one of the new places dropped out of the arrangement. What does that have to do with IST? I'm not attacking you or them, I'm genuinely curious, same as I was with the other stuff I was saying. Some businesses have been affected horribly, and for some, it's barely noticeable other than everyone now wearing masks and maybe staying a few more feet apart.
    IST/DCBS has now become the sole distributor, under the name Lunar, for DC.

DC left diamond, split distribution between IST/DCBS/Lunar and Midtown/USC, but recently IST/DCBS/Lunar has become the only distributor. So not only are they a comic fulfillment/online comic store, they're also the only direct market distributor for one of the largest comic companies

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    IST/DCBS has now become the sole distributor, under the name Lunar, for DC.

DC left diamond, split distribution between IST/DCBS/Lunar and Midtown/USC, but recently IST/DCBS/Lunar has become the only distributor. So not only are they a comic fulfillment/online comic store, they're also the only direct market distributor for one of the largest comic companies
    Oh, ok. I didn't know they were Lunar.

Oh, ok. I didn't know they were Lunar.
    It has been a bit hard to follow and keep straight with all the names

I might be wrong but I think the Lunar warehouse is a different location than the IST one so it shouldn't affect the IST orders.
    They've put out a statement like maybe 2 weeks ago that they are aware of the problem and hired more people and working on fixing everything. Not sure if the new hires didn't arrive yet or what.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    The only thing that would make sense to me would be to do both Dark Empire and Crimson Empire trilogies together in a single omnibus (one would guess the Crimson Empire trilogy will be NR Epic V6). There's a fair amount of overlap in terms of plot to make it all hang together as a single unit.
    I have a suspicion that Dark Empire only got brought up because it's a title that the interviewer is familiar with. The "maybe" response is pretty nomcomittal.

If I were to bet, I would say that the Legends omni that makes the most sense is Clone Wars. The three Clone Wars epics have already been released, would easily fit a standard omnibus size, and the title offers instant recognizition to even the more casual Star Wars fan.

Incredible Member

It isn't just IST guys Cheap Graphic Novels is taking 3 weeks to a month to ship my orders as well. I had one order done the same time from IST and CGN and I got my IST order faster than the CGN one, albeit shipping a month later lol.
    Last edited by Punjabi_Hitman; 10-30-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Its the demand. Lots of people home, ordering books. I heard one of those sites was only 3-4 people operation. Add the fact that Amazon is no longer giving nice discounts, and people are moving to Ist and CGN. They just need more workers.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Hey guys I've been out of the loop, has the reprint of the Silver Surfer omnibus reprint already happened? I know the first one had errors in it. If not when is it supposed to happen?

Edit: (The reprint of the reprint)
    Last edited by j0nnyboy; 11-01-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Is War of the Realms Omnibus already out of print and sold out?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    Hey guys I've been out of the loop, has the reprint of the Silver Surfer omnibus reprint already happened? I know the first one had errors in it. If not when is it supposed to happen?

Edit: (The reprint of the reprint)
    According to Omar the corrected edition should drop around mid-November

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    According to Omar the corrected edition should drop around mid-November
    Ok cool. Thank you!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Garuda posted Omar's recent video on the Masterworks forum. Omar reached out to Marvel and told them that many collectors were disappointed to see certain important issues omitted from the Defenders Vol. 1 Omnibus. Marvel listened and the Omnibus will now include Dr. Strange #183, Sub-Mariner #22 and Incredible Hulk #126 and the page count will increase from 680 to 768. That is good news indeed.

I pre-ordered the Neal Adams Variant cover. I was deliberating over the Gil Kane cover as it featured Silver Surfer but I'm not a big fan of the artwork on that particular cover.