Page 472 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 372422462468469470471472473474475476482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 7,066 to 7,080 of 20754

There is a little more to it than what people have been making out.

With the OHC's you have to start with New Avengers 1, stop reading it halfway and pick up Avengers 1, then read Infinity, then New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 are pretty spliced together, then Time Runs Out.

And we're also assuming they aren't going to stick Avengers World in there...

Amazing Member

Did somebody read the Spider-Man Tombstone Vol. 1 Tpb?
    Is it worth buying?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    There is a little more to it than what people have been making out.

With the OHC's you have to start with New Avengers 1, stop reading it halfway and pick up Avengers 1, then read Infinity, then New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 are pretty spliced together, then Time Runs Out.

And we're also assuming they aren't going to stick Avengers World in there...
    Not really as complicated as all that. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to read back and forth between New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 OHCs. They're self-contained, they don't really go back and forth. They don't start following the same storyline until Time Runs Out, which is why Time Runs Out was released the way it was. The OHCs are actually quite easy to read and require no back and forth at all as long as they're read in the proper order. The only part that could seem odd is that the second half of the first New Avengers OHC is in Infinity. (and just skip buying Avengers OHC2)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheManInBlack View Post
    Not really as complicated as all that. I honestly can't imagine why someone would want to read back and forth between New Avengers 2 and Avengers 3 OHCs. They're self-contained, they don't really go back and forth. They don't start following the same storyline until Time Runs Out, which is why Time Runs Out was released the way it was. The OHCs are actually quite easy to read and require no back and forth at all as long as they're read in the proper order. The only part that could seem odd is that the second half of the first New Avengers OHC is in Infinity. (and just skip buying Avengers OHC2)
    Absolutely this.

People seem to have invented a reading order that isn't remotely required because it's Hickman so they assume there's some higher story to be got reading it in order. There isn't. It works and reads absolutely perfectly well, in some cases better, read as you say.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Did somebody read the Spider-Man Tombstone Vol. 1 Tpb?
    Is it worth buying?
    If you are into that era of Spidey, absolutely.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    If you are into that era of Spidey, absolutely.
    Thanks for your info. I think I am gonna buy it.
    I've read an old spidey story when I was a little kid with Tombstone and Robertson...
    I hope it is included in this collection. Because reading old stories again brings so many good memories back =)
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 11-13-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaepuck View Post
    Thanks for your info. I think I am gonna buy it.
    I've read an old spidey story when I was a little kid with Tombstone and Robertson...
    I hope it is included in this collection. Because reading old stories again brings so many good memories back =)
    Its probably in there, the fall of Joe Robertson is an integral part of the story. I'm a little nervous there has been no vol. 2 solicited.

Actually, there could be a need for the run to be collected in a specific order. Otherwise, some payoffs would be spoiled before they're properly introduced.

spoilers:
    For example, Hulk's switch from the main team to the Illuminati. Reading month to month, there was a proper transition, but if you just read each series' tpb, it seems to happen out of the blue in N.A., IIRC.
    end of spoilers

Besides, even though they're sister titles and the back and forth between them is minimal at first, it could be a good opportunity for Hickman to settle the pace in which it should be read.

spoilers:
    Given that 'Avengers' needed to coincide with the movie release, it made sense from a publishing point to have that title launch first, even though we now know that Hickman's story properly started in New Avengers, which could translate to the Omnibus having the first three issues of N.A. before A #1. All of this I take from seeing how he had some input with the Secret Wars collected edition and how the publishing schedule forced him to make some changes from the monthly flow of the story to the collected one.
    end of spoilers

Granted, it's not that big of a deal if they just publish it interweaving the hc/tpb's, it just got me thinking that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Actually, there could be a need for the run to be collected in a specific order. Otherwise, some payoffs would be spoiled before they're properly introduced.

spoilers:
    For example, Hulk's switch from the main team to the Illuminati. Reading month to month, there was a proper transition, but if you just read each series' tpb, it seems to happen out of the blue in N.A., IIRC.
    end of spoilers

Besides, even though they're sister titles and the back and forth between them is minimal at first, it could be a good opportunity for Hickman to settle the pace in which it should be read.

spoilers:
    Given that 'Avengers' needed to coincide with the movie release, it made sense from a publishing point to have that title launch first, even though we now know that Hickman's story properly started in New Avengers, which could translate to the Omnibus having the first three issues of N.A. before A #1. All of this I take from seeing how he had some input with the Secret Wars collected edition and how the publishing schedule forced him to make some changes from the monthly flow of the story to the collected one.
    end of spoilers

Granted, it's not that big of a deal if they just publish it interweaving the hc/tpb's, it just got me thinking that's all.
    Any idea when we will get more information on the Omnibus and its structure?

I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered (I checked and couldn't find specific info), but how does the new War of Kings Omni fit in continuity with The GoG Omni and the two Annihilation Omnis; before, after, during?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked & answered (I checked and couldn't find specific info), but how does the new War of Kings Omni fit in continuity with The GoG Omni and the two Annihilation Omnis; before, after, during?
    I think it was the second to last event in the Marvel Cosmic Universe. Off hand I think it went like this:

Annihilation
    Nova
    Annihilation Conquest
    War of Kings
    Realm of Kings
    Thanos Imperative
    Then Annihilators

Question since we're talking about Hickman's Avengers.
    When did Thor get the unworthy hammer he was carrying? Did that happen in the Thor monthly series? I'm only reading that in Aaron's OHC, so maybe I haven't gotten to it yet.
    Sort of a trivial question but was curious.
    Also
    Semi Spoiler

Toward the end he cannot pick up the hammer because he's become worthy again. But not he's not. Did that get negated due to Secret Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Question since we're talking about Hickman's Avengers.
    When did Thor get the unworthy hammer he was carrying? Did that happen in the Thor monthly series? I'm only reading that in Aaron's OHC, so maybe I haven't gotten to it yet.
    Sort of a trivial question but was curious.
    Also
    Semi Spoiler

Toward the end he cannot pick up the hammer because he's become worthy again. But not he's not. Did that get negated due to Secret Wars?
    spoilers:
    The hammer he carries during TRO, belonged to Thorr, a Thor from a different universe (read the first Avengers' arc post-Infinity for more info). Apparently, Aaron doesn't take that into consideration in the story he's telling.
    end of spoilers

Thanks for the response!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    spoilers:
    The hammer he carries during TRO, belonged to Thorr, a Thor from a different universe (read the first Avengers' arc post-Infinity for more info). Apparently, Aaron doesn't take that into consideration in the story he's telling.
    end of spoilers
    Wasn't there a time jump with Time Runs Out as well? For that I think it happens X amount of months in the future, or whatever. This could account for the discrepancy.