Page 1291 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 29179111911241128112871288128912901291129212931294129513011341 ... LastLast
Results 19,351 to 19,365 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: AND NOW…THE WOLVERINE TPB
    Volume #7 in the Incredible Hulk Epic Collections
    Written by LEN WEIN
    Penciled by HERB TRIMPE & SAL BUSCEMA
    Cover by RICH BUCKLER
    Hulk is the strongest! Why? Because it’s hard not to be when you go from strength to strength with artists Herb Trimpe and Sal Buscema! Trimpe defined INCREDIBLE HULK in an artistic tenure stretching from 1968 to 1975. And not only did the series gain a great talent when Sal Buscema took over the reins, but also one that — unbelievably — would have a tenure longer than even Trimpe’s! Add to that Len Wein writing some of his greatest Hulk stories — including the first appearance of Wolverine — and you’d better believe it’s good to be green! The adventures collected here include Hulk smashing his way through the Mole Man, the Gremlin, the Shaper of Worlds, Doc Samson, the Abomination and, of course, the never-ending military machinations of General “Thunderbolt” Ross! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #179-200 and ANNUAL #5.
    472 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93360-9
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: FALL OF THE PANTHEON TPB
    NEW PRINTING!
    Written by PETER DAVID
    Penciled by JOHN ESTES, JIM CRAIG, GARY FRANK, DARICK ROBERTSON, LIAM SHARP, TERRY DODSON, JUSTINIANO & CHRIS RENAUD
    Cover by DARICK ROBERTSON
    ON SALE OCTOBER 2022
    Hulk goes to Hel and back! First, Hulk and the Pantheon face a painful — and all-too-human — loss. But Hela herself soon claims the Hulk in an Asgardian underworld epic! Then, it’s the end of an era as the Pantheon is torn apart from within! Agamemnon stands trial, one among them falls and the Hulk’s rage transforms him into a savage…Bruce Banner?! While Doc Samson strives to save Bruce’s mind, Betty battles for her life — and the stage is set for a new status quo. In hiding and struggling to remain calm, the Hulk takes on Man-Thing, the Abomination and the Punisher! Plus: Hulk shares a symbiotic showdown with Venom and joins Hank Pym and the Wasp in a true Tale to Astonish! Collecting TALES TO ASTONISH (1994) #1, INCREDIBLE HULK VS. VENOM #1 and INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #420-435.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94690-6

DEADPOOL EPIC COLLECTION: MISSION IMPROBABLE TPB
    Volume #2 in the Deadpool Epic Collections
    Written by LARRY HAMA, JEPH LOEB, JOE KELLY & CHRIS GOLDEN
    Penciled by ADAM POLLINA, ED MCGUINNESS, AARON LOPRESTI, SHANNON DENTON, BERNARD CHANG, BEN HERRERA & MORE
    Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
    Wade Wilson: hero?! Deadpool finds his voice in a character-defining and hilarious run! The mysterious corporation Landau, Luckman & Lake believes Deadpool is their Chosen One — but does the Merc with a Mouth have it in him to be a hero? Wade’s old pal Weasel and housemate-slash-prisoner Blind Al have their doubts, and fellow merc T-Ray is out to see Wade fail at all costs! Maybe the unstable Typhoid Mary can help him refocus? Naaah! Plus: When Deadpool’s healing factor goes on the fritz, can he and X-Force’s Siryn deal with the devil who helped create him? And peer into the past of the man called Wade Wilson! Guest-starring Wolverine, Daredevil, Taskmaster and the Hulk! Collecting WOLVERINE (1988) #88, X-FORCE (1991) #47 and #56, DEADPOOL (1997) #1-9 and #-1, DAREDEVIL/DEADPOOL ANNUAL ’97 and material from WOLVERINE ANNUAL ’95.
    448 PGS./Rated T+ …$39.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94817-7

Does anyone know if they ever fixed the printing error in Immortal Hulk Vol 10 thin TPB - or is this one going to forever be messed up? I remember when word of the error got out - all the standard online trade dealers pulled the book from their sites. I see CGN offers a special order for it.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Does anyone know if they ever fixed the printing error in Immortal Hulk Vol 10 thin TPB - or is this one going to forever be messed up? I remember when word of the error got out - all the standard online trade dealers pulled the book from their sites. I see CGN offers a special order for it.
    Did not know about this. What’s the issue?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Did not know about this. What’s the issue?
    Theres some kind of big foldout part that is completely screwed up and out of order. I only read about it. I know some retailers pulled their stock almost immediately.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Theres some kind of big foldout part that is completely screwed up and out of order. I only read about it. I know some retailers pulled their stock almost immediately.
    Ok. Thank you!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Marvel is starting a reprint schedule for the Masterwork line. Details and specific books in the video.

Good news about MM reprints. I know some of the FF4 ones were priced gouged beyond belief for years now.

Can someone explain to me the benefits of the Marvel Masterworks - is the image size bigger - similar to oversized HCs and omnis or am I incorrect? I remember them being wider or something. Less white space - larger images?
    Also is the coloring of a higher or different quality from other formats?
    Last edited by Destro777; 07-10-2022 at 10:33 AM.
    Currently Reading:

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Good news about MM reprints. I know some of the FF4 ones were priced gouged beyond belief for years now.

Can someone explain to me the benefits of the Marvel Masterworks - is the image size bigger - similar to oversized HCs and omnis or am I incorrect? I remember them being wider or something. Less white space - larger images?
    Also is the coloring of a higher or different quality from other formats?
    The images are not oversized. They are original comic size, but with a big border. But they are better built than any of Marvel's collections format. The paper is nice and thick. Originally, IIRC, they remastered the pages for the best quality of image. Most Silver Age omnibus are using the cleaned up, remastered images originally used in Marvel Masterworks.

I still am torn about the coloring on the Masterworks. It usually is also redone, and doesn't capture the shades and newsprint softness of the original comics.
    Last edited by Reviresco; 07-10-2022 at 08:52 PM.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Any chance we are going to get a Star Wars omnibus to follow up Aaron's run?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    The images are not oversized. They are original comic size, but with a big border. But they are better built than any of Marvel's collections format. The paper is nice and thick. Originally, IIRC, they remastered the pages for the best quality of image. Most Silver Age omnibus are using the cleaned up, remastered images originally used in Marvel Masterworks.

I still am torn about the coloring on the Masterworks. It usually is also redone, and doesn't capture the shades and newsprint softness of the original comics.
    Thank you for the reply and info.
    I hear you on the recoloring - I always liked how DC kept the newsprint in the Jack Kirby New Gods Hardcovers from years back to keep the same color feel. Marvel hasnt done that in many collections to my knowledge.
    Currently Reading:

Lots of stuff I've pre-ordered is getting delayed and pushed back.
    It's to be expected in this day & age, but still a bummer.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post

I think they went back and redid a lot of these early books- I think it was when they started releasing Trade Paperback versions. Volume 1s have already been reprinted before in the Famous Firsts box set, and the same files have been used for the more recent Omnibus reprints and Epic Collections. Masterworks are the premium format- I've been really annoyed last few years that the X-men Children of the Atom box set sold out so quickly and was poorly distributed- with no sign of a reprint- but if they're going to be releasing the first 6 X-men Masterworks over the next few years, and also the Uncanny line (I have from Volune 10) then I'd rather have Masterworks editions of those issues.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Thank you for the reply and info.
    I hear you on the recoloring - I always liked how DC kept the newsprint in the Jack Kirby New Gods Hardcovers from years back to keep the same color feel. Marvel hasnt done that in many collections to my knowledge.
    I don't recall any collections where Marvel kept the newsprint paper. It's a trade off, but yes, the colors looks better, to me, on the originals. This is a comparison of the omni, which is basically an oversized Masterwork, and the new Taschen edition, which I believe took scans / photos of an original comic.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I think they went back and redid a lot of these early books- I think it was when they started releasing Trade Paperback versions. Volume 1s have already been reprinted before in the Famous Firsts box set, and the same files have been used for the more recent Omnibus reprints and Epic Collections. Masterworks are the premium format- I've been really annoyed last few years that the X-men Children of the Atom box set sold out so quickly and was poorly distributed- with no sign of a reprint- but if they're going to be releasing the first 6 X-men Masterworks over the next few years, and also the Uncanny line (I have from Volune 10) then I'd rather have Masterworks editions of those issues.
    I think you're right, but I'm not sure I've seen them in comparison. I do remember there was alot of screaming about the Golden Age Marvel Mystery Comics, the Masterwork (which really was colored badly) and the omni. Though I don't thinkk they did much remastering .
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?