Page 1034 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 345349349841024103010311032103310341035103610371038104410841134 ... LastLast
Results 15,496 to 15,510 of 20754

Anyone have a guess on when Amazing Spider-Man Epic 6 is due? I assume it will be the next early volume is there a pattern to this stuff? I don't want to start reading till Stan Lee run is done so getting excited with just one volume to go.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Anyone have a guess on when Amazing Spider-Man Epic 6 is due? I assume it will be the next early volume is there a pattern to this stuff? I don't want to start reading till Stan Lee run is done so getting excited with just one volume to go.
    There's no obvious pattern. The last two came in back to back months and were 5 and 25. Any of 6, 16, or 26 seem like plausible guesses for the next release (all three fill in gaps or complete runs to something else), but they could just as easily jump into the middle of the uncollected era and give us v10 or something. It could be v23 to line up w/some other Carnage-based event. Heck, they could jump in to releasing Spectacular Spider-man for a stretch and leave ASM high and dry for a year.

If you can't tell, I'm massively confused why Marvel isn't releasing Spidey epics more often.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Looking at the Epic Wiki page seems they have the future Epics listed through Dec 2020 so I guess I'll hope for next year. Maybe I'll reread Excalibur. Spidey would be nice since it will be almost all new, he's probably my least read A-Lister of any company.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    There's no obvious pattern. The last two came in back to back months and were 5 and 25. Any of 6, 16, or 26 seem like plausible guesses for the next release (all three fill in gaps or complete runs to something else), but they could just as easily jump into the middle of the uncollected era and give us v10 or something. It could be v23 to line up w/some other Carnage-based event. Heck, they could jump in to releasing Spectacular Spider-man for a stretch and leave ASM high and dry for a year.

If you can't tell, I'm massively confused why Marvel isn't releasing Spidey epics more often.
    Vol. 23 is the one I'm really waiting for, I would absolutely love that.

Wouldn't complain if they ventured into a Web of Epic series, either.

Vol 23 and 24 only have 17 issues of Amazing between them, I take it it's as cross over filled as Batman at this point. Just wondering what story line in vol 23 you are looking forward to the most? I dropped out during Erik Larson's run on art.

Mighty Member

368-373 are one arc, so it'll be interesting to see where Marvel cuts between 23 and 24. I'd take a guess that v23 has 361-367 (Carnage, 365 30th Anniversary oversized, the start of the parents mystery) and the 4 part annual crossover Hero Killers. Then maybe the Canadian anti-drug 5-parter (Skating on Thin Ice, etc) and I could also see it containing the backup material from the other 30th Anniversary issues (SSM 189, WoSM 90, SM 30). Then v24 would have 368-377 + Annual 27 + Spidey/Strange: The Way To Dusty Death, and maybe the other Spidey annuals (that was the year all the annuals created new villains, so they aren't linked by story, but that'd add some bulk to the collection).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Vol. 23 is the one I'm really waiting for, I would absolutely love that.

Wouldn't complain if they ventured into a Web of Epic series, either.
    I'm waiting for Vol 16 to finish up the original Tom DeFalco run. I would also love to see Web and Spectacular Epics, as long as they can map it to minimize any double dipping.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    368-373 are one arc, so it'll be interesting to see where Marvel cuts between 23 and 24. I'd take a guess that v23 has 361-367 (Carnage, 365 30th Anniversary oversized, the start of the parents mystery) and the 4 part annual crossover Hero Killers. Then maybe the Canadian anti-drug 5-parter (Skating on Thin Ice, etc) and I could also see it containing the backup material from the other 30th Anniversary issues (SSM 189, WoSM 90, SM 30). Then v24 would have 368-377 + Annual 27 + Spidey/Strange: The Way To Dusty Death, and maybe the other Spidey annuals (that was the year all the annuals created new villains, so they aren't linked by story, but that'd add some bulk to the collection).
    I can also see the first Venom mini series included since it springs from the storyline in issue 375 and is done by the ASM writer.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm waiting for Vol 16 to finish up the original Tom DeFalco run. I would also love to see Web and Spectacular Epics, as long as they can map it to minimize any double dipping.
    I can also see the first Venom mini series included since it springs from the storyline in issue 375 and is done by the ASM writer.
    I'm also really hoping for ASM v16 (there are at least three titles where they've continually danced around the epic I want next, with this being the highest priority to me). I have the Alien Costume Complete collections and epics v15 and v17 sitting on the shelf - I want to read them all back to back for the first time (well, except KLH) once there's a complete run.

Marvel seems to be going out of their way not to let its know how they'll address double dipping in SM and X-books. I'd be curious to know what the plan is.

As to Venom, I thought about that, but then I said to myself, "Bob, you know they'll start a Venom epic collection line soon once the last Venomnibus has been out for a bit"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Just wondering what story line in vol 23 you are looking forward to the most? I dropped out during Erik Larson's run on art.
    The introduction of Carnage (both issues collected in one in my country) was my first ever Spider-Man comic as a kid. Bagley's artwork... It blew me away and was, along with Jim Lee's X-Men, what brought me into reading Marvel. And yeah, Erik Larsen's artwork was a turnoff. I did collect all backissues I could get my hands on, including his, but... along with Sal Buscema, he's one of my least favorite regular artists on any Spider-Man book.

Agreed, the double dipping will be a concern - especially since they've used some issues from both runs in ASM Epics already.

Given that they're doing the first Venom Epic Collection this October, I doubt they'll be putting any Venom mini-series in the ASM Epics.

Spectacular Member

Cheapgraphicnovels says they'll have new releases next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossfist View Post
    Cheapgraphicnovels says they'll have new releases next week.
    Yeah. Amazon and Barnes&Noble are confirmed to have the new graphic novels released since the diamond shut down. CGN probably going thru those distributors. Stuff like Baltimore Omni Vol 2 and the new Snyder/Capullo Batman were lost in limbo but theyre in stock on those sites. The big marvel book due soon is the Whedon Astonishing omni reprint.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Unfortunately I'll be going through Amazon for my books now. Sucks because I love IST and Amazon doesn't care what condition your books come in. In my experience anyway.

Amazing Member

Normally I'd be tempted to go with Amazon too, but I can't imagine them shipping an omnibus properly. It would surely arrive with dinged corners. When it comes to books it's already a 50% chance it arrives damaged, and then assuming the book is of somewhat regular weight. Barnes and Noble does a little bit better, but usually there's still a risk with them as well.

Incredible Member

First round of results posted over in the 8th Annual Omnibus poll thread.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?