Page 571 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 714715215615675685695705715725735745755816216711071 ... LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,565 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Also is it worth waiting for the Hickman Avengers Omnibus? Or buying the OHCs?

What has the build quality of recent Omnibuses been like? Are the OHCs any good?
    Yes it is definitely worth it to wait. The proper mapping makes the OHC reading experience far too annoying.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Yes it is definitely worth it to wait. The proper mapping makes the OHC reading experience far too annoying.
    Eh, it's not too bad. But if you don't have the OHC's, then I would get the omnis
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I only have Squirrel Girl and I think I've mentioned it in another thread before how much I hated it. It's almost like the previous Now ohc spines except it's different enough to bother you and it looks worse.
    Well it's not just the Squirrrel-Girl OHC. All of the newer Marvel OHC's I've gotten since then have the smaller Marvel logo, and the text / volume number on the spine is too small to read. You'd think since they're dealing with a product that is grounded in artistic design and aesthetic that Marvel would put some care into what the finished product looks like? What gives??

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Well it's not just the Squirrrel-Girl OHC. All of the newer Marvel OHC's I've gotten since then have the smaller Marvel logo, and the text / volume number on the spine is too small to read. You'd think since they're dealing with a product that is grounded in artistic design and aesthetic that Marvel would put some care into what the finished product looks like? What gives??
    also on the previous NOW ohc-s the image at the bottom of the spine was usually the hero or a hero without the background but at least in case of SG it's just a cropped panel. Looks very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    Damn, this is going to kill my OCD for the Amazing Spider-Man OHCs.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Damn, this is going to kill my OCD for the Amazing Spider-Man OHCs.
    Yeah, they really laid an egg on these spines, and ASM does not escape the carnage.

Are reprints of Omnibuses solicited in advance? For instance, we know all the Epic line volumes that will be released all the way to December. Do we get the same info re: reprints? I guess my question is: are we for sure not getting reprints of any of the X-Men omnibuses until 2018 at least?

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Are reprints of Omnibuses solicited in advance? For instance, we know all the Epic line volumes that will be released all the way to December. Do we get the same info re: reprints? I guess my question is: are we for sure not getting reprints of any of the X-Men omnibuses until 2018 at least?
    As far as I know, yes all reprints are solicited in advance. The thing is, we don't have official solicits through December yet, only what was listed in the newest Edelweiss catalog. Official solicits for most omnis happen six months in advance of release, so there could be something we don't know about yet pop up in the new monthly solicits between now and June that could release before the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    They're not going to reprint Jim Lee X-Men Omni v.2 for awhile when they have just solicited much of the same material in Epic form (X-Men: Mutant Genesis).

The reprinted Ennis Punisher Omni and reprinted Simonson Thor Omni's are solicited listings, so I'd say you've got a wait ahead of you, unfortunately.
    Last edited by AstonishingXMan; 03-27-2017 at 05:08 PM.

Spectacular Member

Also is it worth waiting for the Hickman Avengers Omnibus? Or buying the OHCs?

What has the build quality of recent Omnibuses been like? Are the OHCs any good?
    I have all the OHCs and they are really good quality, nice sewn bindings, pretty much the same standard as the other recent non-event OHCs.

Keep in mind that the Avengers Vol 1 OHC has been OOP for a few months so the omni might be your best option based on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    I have all the OHCs and they are really good quality, nice sewn bindings, pretty much the same standard as the other recent non-event OHCs.

Keep in mind that the Avengers Vol 1 OHC has been OOP for a few months so the omni might be your best option based on that alone.
    I actually have a local guy I'm trading JMS Thor Omnibus for the set of Hickman Avengers OHCs. I've also got the Omnibus on preorder haha. Will just keep whatever one is better but I find I prefer OHCs now more than Omnibuses.

I actually have a local guy I'm trading JMS Thor Omnibus for the set of Hickman Avengers OHCs. I've also got the Omnibus on preorder haha. Will just keep whatever one is better but I find I prefer OHCs now more than Omnibuses.
    You probably know this already, but there's no point getting Avengers Vol 2 if you're getting the Infinity OHC. It's a complete double dip, and Vol 2 won't make much sense on it's own. There's also some overlap between the Infinity OHC and New Avengers Vol 1 but you'll still need Vol 1 to see how the series kicks off.

Fantastic Member

I'm interested in some Simonson Thor and see the omni is set for reprinting. However, it's a huge omni, and I'm a little hesitant to go that route given that the new Marvel big books tend to have very thin paper and iffy binding. I'm actually thinking about just going for the 5 tpb volumes of WS Thor instead. How do they rate in a physical sense? I'm concerned mostly about gutter loss...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    I'm interested in some Simonson Thor and see the omni is set for reprinting. However, it's a huge omni, and I'm a little hesitant to go that route given that the new Marvel big books tend to have very thin paper and iffy binding. I'm actually thinking about just going for the 5 tpb volumes of WS Thor instead. How do they rate in a physical sense? I'm concerned mostly about gutter loss...
    If you're not an omni purist, go for the trades. They're well built and much easier to read/handle.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by zevious zoquis View Post
    Everyone has a personal opinion on the format they prefer, so here's mine.

1) I'm not sure where you're getting the iffy on their omni bindings. The binding on all of the Marvel omnis I have is absolutely fantastic and sewn. I wish all omnis from all companies was this good. Every single page from first to last will stay open on its own and every page will lay as flat as could ever be expected with virtually no gutter loss.

2) The paper used to be thicker, now it's a little thin. For me it's never been a problem or any kind of deal breaker on these books, but sure I'd prefer a bit thicker. If you want a plus from this, the original printing of this book was quite thick, it will probably be about 20-25% thinner and lighter overall now.

3) The paper will probably be better, or in no way worse, than what's in the paperbacks.

4) The paperbacks are glued bindings and will have gutter loss.

5) I don't know the price on the paperbacks, but you should be able to get the omni for about $68 on the week of release.

6) There is no definitive answer to your question, it really comes down to your own personal preference on these formats.

Edit: Also forgot to add that the omni is oversized trim, paperbacks are standard size trim, if that matters to you.
    Last edited by OldManBrian; 03-28-2017 at 09:56 AM.