Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    There's only 17 issues of the main title to go until Mutant Massacre; I'm curious what else they'll use to pad Vol. 5 besides a couple of annuals...?
    I’d love it if they included the first 8 issues of X-Factor to bridge the gap to Mutant Massacre. A dedicated X-Factor Vol 1 omnibus would be nice, but it would be so much overlap with previously released OHCs that this would be more sensible.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    IST sold out of the DM X-Men 4 in 12 minutes. Nuts.
    Whew, I was inside that window!
    Got mine!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Got the Silva cover. SHA-BOING!

Heart would've given out if both X omnis had come out today

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Seems like X-Factor 1-8 and the two prologue issues would definitely be in v5. It'd be pretty weird if they weren't, to be honest
    I've never read the original X-Factor series beyond the Inferno stuff or until PAD took over. So yeah I'd be down for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisko View Post
    IST sold out of the DM X-Men 4 in 12 minutes. Nuts.
    I was reloading the page as soon as the clock hit 3pm. Been years since I went though that type of fun stress for an omnibus cover. Actually added the book to my cart from my wishlist, since it went live there first for some reason.

Based on the last 8/9 months, the fact that ANY cover of an X-Men omnibus is still available 3+ hours later...a celebration may be warranted!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I know it's a loooong way off, but does anyone think there will be an UXM vol. 6, considering pretty much everything from #210 forward is already collected in an oversized format?

I'm sure there are those that would buy it to have large chunks of the title between the same two covers, but the amount of double-dipping means vol. 5 would probably be my last.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

I know it's a loooong way off, but does anyone think there will be an UXM vol. 6, considering pretty much everything from #210 forward is already collected in an oversized format?

I'm sure there are those that would buy it to have large chunks of the title between the same two covers, but the amount of double-dipping means vol. 5 would probably be my last.
    I'm really interested in the answer to both this question and a similar one for Amazing Spider-man v7 (which would line up with the Roger Stern omni). How big does Marvel think the audience is for severe double-dipping?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Would be nice if the two Spidey Last Remains trade paperbacks were brought out as one book like they did with the Hunted book that was volume 4 of Spencer’s run. That one had all the .1 tie-in issues and the regular issues. And I think they were even in proper reading order!

Gotta wonder how this decision got made.

Doubtful. They’ve just broken into volume 5s for the first time so 6 feels like a stretch. Plus it would be a complete double dip at that point. May as well just reprint OHCs and omnis that already exist. The next oversized hardcover gap for Uncanny would be the equivalent of volume 10 or higher.
    Last edited by csista; 02-23-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    Doubtful. They’ve just broken into volume 5s for the first time and 6 feels like a stretch. Plus It would be a complete double dip at that point. May as well just reprint OHCs and omnis that already exist. The next oversized hardcover gap for Uncanny would be the equivalent of volume 10 or higher.
    Yeah, I lean towards "doubtful" as well. Not only because of the double-dipping issue, but that fact that a theorectical vol. 6+ would be a really disjointed read, what with all the incessant crossovers.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Yeah, I lean towards "doubtful" as well. Not only because of the double-dipping issue, but that fact that a theorectical vol. 6+ would be a really disjointed read, what with all the incessant crossovers.
    Yeah the tale end of Claremont was chock full of crossovers, I wouldn't mind a omni but lets not look a gift horse and just hope for volume 5

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My feeling is that UXM vol. 5 is the last sequential Omni for the UXM line. Because as stated the material has been collected in OHC already.
    However, that said, we have seen with Mutant Massacre that they aren't above rebranding a prior OHC into an Omni. So, maybe they do rebrand an OHC into a vol.6 at some point? I doubt it but I don't discount the outside chance of it either.

I do feel that for the longer running SA Omnis that are inching into Bronze Age material they too will start colliding with prior collected volumes. Amazing Spider-man being one. Isn't it getting close to the Hobgoblin Saga Omni by Stern? Would a sixth Omni take that line to a "completion"?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I do feel that for the longer running SA Omnis that are inching into Bronze Age material they too will start colliding with prior collected volumes. Amazing Spider-man being one. Isn't it getting close to the Hobgoblin Saga Omni by Stern? Would a sixth Omni take that line to a "completion"?
    Volume 6 would presumably be 181-223 + annuals (Stern's omni includes 206, but starts sequentially at 224), which is a bit on the big side, but certainly within the range of ASM omnis. After that, 253-295 remain un-omnibused*, then you hit the two Michelinie + artist omnis. After that, there's the end of Michelinie's run + a few issues leading into the Clone Saga not yet collected in the omnibus format. Hopefully, we get Spectacular omnis once all that is done (or maybe even before, fingers crossed)

*My preference would be a Alien Costume Saga omni that just concatenates the two fat tpbs, then 264-295+crossovers as a "Spider-man: Black Costume" omni, but other opinions are welcome
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    Glad I could help! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
    Just one more quick question since I was going to set up an account tomorrow to begin preordering my "most wanteds" from DCBS, you've never had an issue where they didn't hold your copy of something and sold out before they shipped it? That has not happened to me with ToW, but I know it is a possibility. Though from what I understand of DCBS, they place orders with the suppliers based on the pre-orders they received by the order due date.