Page 319 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2192693093153163173183193203213223233293694198191319 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,785 of 20773
    Spectacular Member

I cant believe that some kind of companion hcs were not in the pipeline for secret wars. Maybe they want to battlebox again or something, but this event was tailor made for companion omnis. If I am not mistaken all of the stories were essentially mini series without major continuity issues. Prior knowledge of series was not required because they were all transported one place or another. Can anyone confirm or deny?

The issue with civil war and other ties in omnibus was that you basically needed to be reading the series to get the full experience, and from what I understand thats not the case for secret wars.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    That makes sense - I've just never experienced that before. Hopefully they'll be back on my wish list.
    Also, I can't find anything I'm looking for on IST for the life of me. Their shitty search function must cost them a lot of lost sales from people not being able to find what they're looking for.

At least its up.

Incredible Member

I just PM'd my Top 10

#1. Punisher by Greg Rucka. - #1-16, War Zone #1-5, Nightmare #1-5.
    #2. Black Panther by Priest Vol 1. - #1-31
    #3. Black Panther by Priest Vol 2. - #32-62
    #4. Black Panther by Hudlin #1-38 + Annual #1, & #39-41.
    #5 Wolverine Vol 1 reprint
    #6 Wolverine Vol 2
    #7 Uncanny X-Men Vol 4. #176-209, Alpha Flight #1-2, New Mutants Special Edition, & Annuals #8-11, #215-219
    #8 X-Men Vol 3 OHC. #307 - 310, Annual #18, X-men #26-35, Annual #2, X-Factor #108-109, Uncanny #319-321, X-men #38-41, Cable #20.
    #9. Westcoast Avengers Vol 4 - #63-102
    #10. X-Men Road to Onslaught - Vol 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    I'm also looking for opinions on this book. Is it essential reading, good stories or just a ploy to make a buck from Marvel?
    Not a statement on the actually quality of the stories included, but based on the titles I was reading when Secret Wars started I would assume it's not very important to the main series at all. Just the ends of series' before their post-SW relaunch, showing how these characters handle the world ending. And probably not very good without knowing the context of events leading up to the issues included. It's basically a collection of endings with no beginning or middle, almost like a reverse Marvel Now Omnibus. The real prelude to Secret Wars is the Avengers and New Avengers OHCs, especially the upcoming Time Runs Out collection.
    Last edited by csista; 05-29-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Did no one vote to have DD silver age material collected in omnibus? I feel as if I'm the only one that wants that lol I actually want all series to see original reprints though.

is the last days of the marvel universe omnibus official an omni? meaning, does it have the omni badge on the spine?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    is the last days of the marvel universe omnibus official an omni? meaning, does it have the omni badge on the spine?
    No, it's not "officially" an Omnibus, but it is an over-sized hardcover, and over 500 pages, so it may as well be one.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    Did no one vote to have DD silver age material collected in omnibus? I feel as if I'm the only one that wants that lol I actually want all series to see original reprints though.
    Although DD is my favourite character, I didn't vote for it as I'm quite satisfied with the MMWs and would rather have other DD runs Omnified. I would, however, purchase it if it was released in order to have the SA issues in OHC format.

Fantastic Member

TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...s#.V0rQSevjW20

Send your ballots through a PM here or MMW (link above)

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by World1 View Post
    I did! 10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO VOTE

http://marvelmasterworksfansite.yuku...s#.V0rQSevjW20

Send your ballots through a PM here or MMW (link above)
    marvel collections department should be obliged to print (at least) every year's top 10

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ricardoramos View Post
    marvel collections department should be obliged to print (at least) every year's top 10
    Agreed! If they had followed this advice, we'd have all of these already (in no particular order):

PUNISHER MAX BY ENNIS VOLUME 1 (#1-30)
    EXCALIBUR (#1-34, MOJO MAYHEM, THE POSSESSION, XX CROSSING, SPECIAL, AIR APPARENT)
    DAREDEVIL BY ANN NOCENTI VOLUME 1 (#234-261)
    ALPHA FLIGHT BY JOHN BYRNE (#1-28)
    THOR SILVER AGE VOLUME 3 (#153-185, ANNUALS)
    NEW MUTANTS VOLUME 1 (MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL, MTU 100, NEW MUTANTS #1-34)
    INCREDIBLE HULK BY PETER DAVID (#330-363, ANNUALS)
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SILVER AGE VOLUME 3 (#68-100, ANNUAL 6-8)
    X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID (2008) VOLUME #1 (Madrox Mini, #1-20)
    UNCANNY X-MEN BY CHRIS CLAREMONT VOLUME 4 (#176-209)
    MOON KNIGHT BY MOENCH (Werewolf by Night #32-33, Moon Knight #1-38)
    Last edited by Near Mint; 05-30-2016 at 08:52 AM.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Finally sent in my ballot, after some tinkering. A few of you swayed my votes a bit

In reviewing my ballot from 2015, two of my votes are now omni'd, with a third uncollected run hitting TPB (totally fine with me).

My 2014 votes have now hit one Omnibus, two MMWs, an Epic, and one TPB line - not bad!

As a note, someone upthread voted for "Excalibur: The End" as #100-125. The contents should/could/would actually be #104-125 & -1, Kitty Pryde Agent of SHIELD #1-3, Colossus one-shot, Excalibur Vol. 2 #1-4, and could fairly be titled "Excalibur by Raab."
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

All-New Member

I would like to ask everyone's opinion if it's possible we will see an Excalibur Omnibus? If not, I plan to pick up the tpbs. Cheers!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by oberatixx View Post
    I would like to ask everyone's opinion if it's possible we will see an Excalibur Omnibus? If not, I plan to pick up the tpbs. Cheers!
    Anything is possible!

We've seen some out-of-left-field Omnibus choices in the past and - as you can seen with the survey votes in this thread - Excalibur is popular with many longtime fans.

That said, there's no currently Excalibur announcement and it's not a book that is experience a current resurgence in comics or other media. In fact, the TPB reprints experienced a trend of diminishing sales, so Marvel could even be slightly averse to revisiting the material.

In sum, I wouldn't say it's any more likely than any other title, and potentially a bit less-likely due to past performance. (Okay, maybe it's more likely than Sleepwalker.) If you have the chance to pick up the TPBs in an affordable way, you should go for it, considering they are all out-of-print.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!