Page 800 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3007007507907967977987998008018028038048108509001300 ... LastLast
Results 11,986 to 12,000 of 20754

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Miles Morales Spiderman is good or not? I see that the omnibus will be released, so I'm on the edge on should I get it or not.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by ddak View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if Miles Morales Spiderman is good or not? I see that the omnibus will be released, so I'm on the edge on should I get it or not.

Thanks,
    If you enjoyed Peter Parker USM, you will like this too. I found it as good as the PP run (minus of course some crossover/event issues but those were problematic before as well).

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Hello,

Thanks,
    I really enjoyed most of the issues, Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1-28 and Spider-Men #1-5 are all really great. I didn't mind the event tie-ins too much, they still drive Miles' story forward but might be a little confusing if you haven't read the main event. I was really disappointed with Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man #1-12, it ruined a perfect part of the Peter Parker Ultimate Spider-Man series and for no good reason. It was just a plot twist for the sake of having a plot twist, and is one of the main reasons I won't be buying the omnibus. However, it is definitely worth noting that every single issue has incredible artwork, this omnibus would be certainly be beautiful to flip through and enjoy the look of the pages.

Hello,

Thanks,
    As a huge Ultimate Spider-man fan, I did not particularly like the Miles Morales stuff (I read the first 3 Ultimate Collections). It was nice seeing some of Peter's supporting cast again though. My main issue with the series is that Bendis completely refused to even acknowledge that Miles is black, least of all explore the implications of that in any way. Considering the historical Spider-man paradigm of being distrusted by cops, smeared by the press etc it was a glaring blind spot.

It also felt like big plot lines were rushed and abandoned (like Miles' uncle) to move onto more fun stuff. Then he gets involved with a bunch of dumb Ultimate universe events which sidetracks things even further.

My MWMO Ballot:
    1. Uncanny X-Men Vol. 4 x Chris Claremont/John Romita Jr.
    2. Wolverine Vol. 2 ('88)
    3. Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man, Vol. 1 ('76)
    4. She Hulk x John Byrne
    5. Spider-Woman(Jessica Drew) ('78)
    6. Ironman x David Michelinie & Bob Layton Vol. 2
    7. The New Mutants Vol. 1 x Chris Claremont
    8. Daredevil Silver Age Vol. 2
    9. Power Man & Iron Fist ('72)
    10. Wolverine Vol. 3 ('88)

The same as last year lol

Spectacular Member

Hello,

Thanks,
    I'm really glad you asked this question! I've never read them either and I was planning on picking this up. I'm actually in the process of rereading my Peter Parker Ultimate Spider-Man floppies as preparation. After reading some of the responses you've got, I might just not bother.

Picked up X-Men Epic Collection vol 19 - Mutant Genesis on the real cheap. Considered selling my Lee/Claremont Omnis so this wasn't a bad double dip.

In case you were curious, the reading order and included stories are:

New Mutants Annual #7 (B story)
    Uncanny X-Men Annual #15 (full)
    X-Factor Annual #6 (A & B stories)
    X-Factor #65-68
    Uncanny X-Men #278-279
    X-Factor #69
    Uncanny X-Men #280
    X-Factor #70
    X-Men #1-3

All of this is in Lee & Claremont Omnibus vol.2 except the material from the Annuals. But this is certainly easier to read on a couch and travel with, so it's your pick.

Over 30 pages of extras here... but nowhere near the quality of good stuff found in the Omnibus, which I consider to be the best X-Men collection, bar none.

So it is what it is, mostly a paperback double dip, but I do like being able to hold it in my hands easier. Great material but little to get excited for if you have the Omnibus. Also loses points because, quite frankly, X-Men 90's Annuals just stink.

Grade: C-

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    Not being an omnibus collector any more, I realize I'm not the target market anymore, but remember that Slott's Spidey run (at least after a certain point) has been collected in OHCs in their entirety (after said point in time).

I realize they don't have the "omnibus" banner on their spines, but they're still in oversized goodness, and IMO much easier to read than a 3-OHCs-in-1 omnibus. Just my two cents, but talking about no omnibuses for material that is readily available in Oversized already is pouring salt in the wounds of others whose favorite titles only get TPBs, or at best Premiere HCs and never oversized. Now I realize the original BND stuff and (maybe) early Slott run is not in OHC, but I just wanted to try and put some perspective here. (NOT trying to argue or anything, please don't misunderstand me). Thanks.
    True, but that only started with Superior Spider-man. There are no OHCs before Spider Island and then there are many issues between Spider Island and SS with Ends of the Earth being the only OHC between.

Still lots of room for a couple of omnis or at least some more OHCs.

Spectacular Member

Is the new Legionquest HC a worthwhile read if I already have the Age of Apocalypse Omni? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Is the new Legionquest HC a worthwhile read if I already have the Age of Apocalypse Omni? Thanks!
    Somewhat difficult to answer. If you're into X-books from that timeframe then it's pretty worth it, since you get ~400 pages of non-AoA Omnibus material.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Somewhat difficult to answer. If you're into X-books from that timeframe then it's pretty worth it, since you get ~400 pages of non-AoA Omnibus material.
    Isn't there an omni coming out?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

As a huge Ultimate Spider-man fan, I did not particularly like the Miles Morales stuff (I read the first 3 Ultimate Collections). It was nice seeing some of Peter's supporting cast again though. My main issue with the series is that Bendis completely refused to even acknowledge that Miles is black, least of all explore the implications of that in any way. Considering the historical Spider-man paradigm of being distrusted by cops, smeared by the press etc it was a glaring blind spot.

It also felt like big plot lines were rushed and abandoned (like Miles' uncle) to move onto more fun stuff. Then he gets involved with a bunch of dumb Ultimate universe events which sidetracks things even further.
    I only read the first year which I liked but these are valid points, particularly the failure to address Miles’ race which Bendis and Marvel made a big deal about in the early announcement of the series. I did enjoy the Spider-Men limited series, especially how the universe viewed an older Peter Parker and his interactions with Aunt May and the others.

Bendis tried a bit in the recent run.

For all his good intentions, he just doesn't "get" that part. He has the same issues with Cage.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Isn't there an omni coming out?
    What do you mean? The 600-page Legionquest HC came out Tuesday but is not branded an omnibus.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I kinda feel like writing that story would have opened so many cans of worms, it wouldn't have helped the character. The anti-SJW backlash seems to have missed Miles in general, but I think if he'd done more with Mile's skin colour, it wouldnt have.

For better or worse depends on your mileage I guess.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God