Page 1073 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 7357397310231063106910701071107210731074107510761077108311231173 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,095 of 20754
    Spectacular Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I'm on the fence with this one as I'm unfamiliar with the material. Is it blind buy worthy? I'm onboard for all the Conan releases and will get Kull when it comes out.
    Art is great and the material is great IMO. You can look at the book on YouTube near mint condition does a review of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think there was also a Cap Heroes Return Complete Collection listed in a Hachette catalogue before Covid struck, so I'd guess Marvel plan to collect all of these over time. With Avengers, the mapping should be easy, because they can just follw the Avengers Assemble trades, and just issue those under a new name.
    I have those 5 Avengers Assemble trades and they’re great. It is worth noting, however, that they do NOT include Avengers Forever, unfortunately.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Dude...it has great binding. Buy it.
    Ordered! Thanks

Marvel have gone back to print on the new edition of the Astonishing X-Men Omnibus. I think this is a third printing, because there was a reprint announced a few weeks as well.

Things must be returning to normal at their printers, because there's a lot of other books getting new printings as well. All trades, and all material that's at least a few years older, so no whales folks, sorry.

The full list is here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Ordered! Thanks
    Pretty sure that this guy was being sarcastic. Graphic Autist doesn’t think that the binding or overall build quality of an omnibus should matter when deciding whether or not to buy said Omnibus... only the artistic contents matter to him and anyone else who has different considerations than him is doing it wrong... or something.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    Pretty sure that this guy was being sarcastic. Graphic Autist doesn’t think that the binding or overall build quality of an omnibus should matter when deciding whether or not to buy said Omnibus... only the artistic contents matter to him and anyone else who has different considerations than him is doing it wrong... or something.
    I don’t understand that at all. It’s like buying a car that looks cool but will break down on you all the time. Yes, the construction of the book does matter. I have bought stuff because of the content knowing the build is suspect but that is definitely a consideration for a lot of people.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

From the Masterworks Forum:

Omar said he has breaking news that he’ll announce in a couple of days, that Marvel snuck in an omnibus that’s not like X-Men, Avengers or Spider-Man. He then went on to say, “It is a brand new franchise to be put in omnibus format”. That’s the exact quote.

A lot of guesses on the Masterworks Forum. My pie in the sky hope and guess is "Planet of the Apes".

Mighty Member

ROM?

That's my shot in the dark
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Millie The Model

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Omar said he has breaking news that he’ll announce in a couple of days, that Marvel snuck in an omnibus that’s not like X-Men, Avengers or Spider-Man. He then went on to say, “It is a brand new franchise to be put in omnibus format”. That’s the exact quote.

A lot of guesses on the Masterworks Forum. My pie in the sky hope and guess is "Planet of the Apes".
    You're thinking the Marvel UK PotA series? Due to the Fox acquisition then is your thinking?

I'm going to go with a more likely 616 line. He said franchise so I'm not sure how that narrows it down. Maybe a long running character/team that has had multiple titles over the years is a good way to interpret what he's saying.
    When you think of A/B list commercial characters with multi-series that reduces it cause of the ones already begun:
    Spider-man, Avengers, X-Men, X-Force, Wolverine, Daredevil, FF, Iron Man, CapAM, Thor, GotG, Punisher, Alpha Flight, New Warriors, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, Silver Surfer

Luke Cage/PowerMan/Heroes for Hire??
    Ant-Man/Giant Man Omni - the MMW with new material?
    Champions??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

I believe I have the answer.......
    It ran for over 30 issues and had an annual
    And has the same creative team through out
    And was part of a new universe ........
    D P 7

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    ROM?

That's my shot in the dark
    That was my first thought as well
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

I didn't actually hear the announcement and his line about "not like the X-Men" may mean no chance but isn't X-Factor completely devoid of Omnibus? That would be amazing...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lodebone View Post
    I didn't actually hear the announcement and his line about "not like the X-Men" may mean no chance but isn't X-Factor completely devoid of Omnibus? That would be amazing...
    Id love this, but A lot of early x-factor is included in x-men omnibuses (omnibi?). Maybe they can start with Volume 2 since peter David collections have always been popular.

Spectacular Member

Looking for Conan 4 Omni on IST but can’t find it... anyone know anything about that?