Page 387 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487887 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 20754

So the X-Men Trial of Gambit book is out this week looks like. I want that one but with the turmoil of moving, I think I'll wait till I'm in my new house in a few weeks and pick it up then. I have fond memories of reading these issues long ago and it will be interesting to see, in re-reading, if they stand the test of time. One thing that always got on my nerves was how Gambit was basically noseless on the cover of UXM 350. I mean, where are his nostrils? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    From what I've heard/read/seen, mainly over on the MMW board, the MMW HC line is essentially a "print to order" type of program. Marvel sees there's money to be made, and some of the Marvel folks there (Cory Sedliemer in large part) championed Marvel brass to keep the line going years ago. Apparently back in the early 2000's when they rebooted/remastered the line, there was a lot of push-back from Bill Jemas that "nobody would want a Spider-Man or Thor Volume 18" or whatever, but thankfully the line is still going strong!

I buy the MMW HCs on release day to get the 50% discount and also b/c the print runs are so small I don't want them to disappear later down the line and I'd have a missing volume in my collection.
    I am glad that Marvel is continuing with this line even though it is not a line of books I buy it is one I appreciate. I had planned on picking up the X-Men volumes once they hit the 290's mark as that is when I started buying comics and I always wanted nice hardback collections of those runs, but then Marvel scratched that itch with the Omnibus line.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    The M-Tech Deathlok? Do it! If you can find it buy it, such a great story and amazing art.
    Thats the '99 Deathlok, volume 3, you're referring to. That's also been collected recently as a TPB but I doubt it'll ever get a hardcover treatment.
    I'm talking about the '91 series, volume 2, from Dwayne McDuffie. A volume 1 that collects issues #1-15 has been done. Another 19 issues + another annual wold complete the run. I'm holding out that once, if, they do that an Omnibus might happen.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Thats the '99 Deathlok, volume 3, you're referring to. That's also been collected recently as a TPB but I doubt it'll ever get a hardcover treatment.
    I'm talking about the '91 series, volume 2, from Dwayne McDuffie. A volume 1 that collects issues #1-15 has been done. Another 19 issues + another annual wold complete the run. I'm holding out that once, if, they do that an Omnibus might happen.
    I doubt it. I mean who cares about Deathlok? It would be like releasing a Werewolf by night omnibus....
    ....hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! It's weird to see thought that MoKF gets a 3K print run while Squirrel girl vol3 gets like 30K or something like that. Or that certain MMWs only get 1,5K while others get over 3K even tough they are volume 10s or 9s too.
    Libraries don't buy Omniboo (much). A ton by me have Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel trades. It hits their demographic, there are like 100k+ libraries in the USA, if event a small number of them buy the trades...

Plus, I'm not gonna buy MoKF for my kids or nieces, but a trade for ~10-15 bucks, sure?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Flicker Fade View Post
    Concerning the Road to War of Kings omnibus:

When the WoK omnibus was first announced, there was A LOT of chatter about missing material that should have been included, especially X-Men Deadly Genesis, Secret Invasion Inhumans, and Silent War. People felt very strongly these needed to be included to get the full story and have the event make sense. Jeph York, who works for the Marvel Collections Dept., responded at the MMWB that he agreed but had no choice because including that stuff would have made the volume too large (it would have been about 1400 pages) and "doing this in two volumes was not an option at this time."

But people kept talking about it. They started mapping a Road to War of Kings omnibus that would have this stuff plus the Guardians and Nova issues in it so you could read the entire cosmic saga straight through without switching formats (and also Nova vol 4, which is in this map, is pretty rare and expensive). It got a lot of support, and seemed a perfect fit in terms of size, desirability, and importance to the cosmic line overall.

I think Marvel did NOT plan to re-collect all the DnA Guardians stuff in other omnibuses so soon after releasing one of their own. I think we kept asking for this Road to WoK omnibus, made a good case for it, and Marvel decided to give it to us.

If this is the case, we should be thanking Marvel for responding to the collectors community, not getting angry at them for trying to squeeze money out of us. I honestly think they're listening more than ever these days and we're just not used to it yet.

My unopened Guardians omnibus is going on ebay, and I'm not upset about it at all.
    Excellent points.

Spectacular Member

Just bought all 5 Captain America by Brubaker Omnibus volumes. Jeez, my fiancée will not be happy if I ever tell her the prize.

Is has been mentioned before but Chris over at cheap-comics has the Trial of ... and Return of ... as part of his summer deals. Great value!

Hi,

I updated the timeline with the new collected releases for Epis and Omnibus.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788

Quote Originally Posted by producte View Post
    Hi,

I updated the timeline with the new collected releases for Epis and Omnibus.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1015254788
    This is the first time I've seen this timeline. It's awesome! Good work
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Just bought all 5 Captain America by Brubaker Omnibus volumes. Jeez, my fiancée will not be happy if I ever tell her the prize.

Is has been mentioned before but Chris over at cheap-comics has the Trial of ... and Return of ... as part of his summer deals. Great value!
    I just grabbed the fire omni of the run, but that Death omnibus is a little to pricey. To bad I cannot grab the two books of cheap-comics appears not to have US shipping.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I just grabbed the fire omni of the run, but that Death omnibus is a little to pricey. To bad I cannot grab the two books of cheap-comics appears not to have US shipping.
    Both books are readily available here in the states. You'd be paying more to buy them from there even if they did ship over here.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Libraries don't buy Omniboo (much). A ton by me have Squirrel Girl and Ms. Marvel trades. It hits their demographic, there are like 100k+ libraries in the USA, if event a small number of them buy the trades...

Plus, I'm not gonna buy MoKF for my kids or nieces, but a trade for ~10-15 bucks, sure?
    absolutely true but I was also comparing MoKF to other niche items. 3K just seems low.

Spectacular Member

X-Factor : Genesis & Apocalypse
    Marvel Comics
    FRONTLIST
    On Sale Date: March 7, 2017
    Ages 9 And Up, Grades 4 to 17
    $34.99 USD, $45.00 CAD
    384 pages
    Announced 1st Print: 3.6K
    Paperback
    Comics & Graphic Novels / Superheroes
    9781302900687, 1302900684
    Summary: One triumphant return, one diabolical debut! When Jean Grey is found alive – with a little help from the Avengers and Fantastic Four -she reunites with the rest of Xavier’s original class to form X-Factor! But as Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Angel and Iceman face new enemies Tower and Frenzy, little do they know the villains are part of an Alliance of Evil led by…Apocalypse! They’ll fi ght Iron Man and Spider-Man, encounter uncanny foes like Bulk and Glow Worm, and take on old sparring partners in Freedom Force, but there’s no question who will rise to the role of X-Factor’s archnemesis.
    COLLECTING: VOLUME 1: AVENGERS (1963) 263; FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) 286; X-FACTOR (1986) 1-9, ANNUAL 1; IRON MAN ANNUAL 8; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) 282; MATERIAL FROM CLASSIC X-MEN 8, 43

Is this basically as good as an X-Factor Epic Collection vol. 1? Has there been such a thing before?

Spectacular Member

According to the numbers at that link, Captain America MMW 9 gets 3.6k copies, but Uncanny X-Men MMW 10 gets 1.5k? And picking up after a successful omnibus? That makes no sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Ah okay. Not read the others. I managed to get the Deathlok one on sale for a couple of quid, best value trade I've bought (excluding the Speedyhen glitch comics).