Page 716 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 2166166667067127137147157167177187197207267668161216 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,740 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I thought so too. Then stumbled upon it at IST when I was looking for something else a few months back.
    Then it was sold out again when I wanted to buy it last week. Just my luck.
    Sweet, I'll have a hunt here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Are the reprints of True Believer Jean Grey/Phoenix that will soon be released to be collected into one volume sometime in 2018?
    I'd like to know this too.

I finally broke down and got the Crime Noir omnibus by Bendis.

I always figured this would hit the bargain bin but so far it really hasn't. CGN had it at $50, which is more than half off. Ebay sellers are drunk off their assess and asking for more than $100. Amazon has it in the high $50 and IST in the low $60.

I'm surprised that CGN was the winner. But, to justify paying the shipping I went ahead and also ordered a $30 Howard the Duck omnibus. Hey, you can't beat that.

Also, before folks start slamming Bendis, the Crime Noir is really good stuff. I read it (sought out the floppies and trades) back in the early 2000s when he was brought onto Ultimate Spidey. I'm not saying it's up there with Brubaker and Rucka, but if you like their crime stuff, then this is a good recommendation.

Spectacular Member

Bendis is really a tale of two writers for me. I think his Ultimate stuff was fantastic , I liked his Daredevil, and his real early Avengers stuff. But then he just got annoying. I really started hating his writing about the time he killed Ultimate Spider-man and his mainstream stuff was just so repetitive and cutesy characters. I at first loved Jessica Jones but in the Avengers she was so distracting. Just really burned out on me. I couldn't even read his Xmen and Guardians stuff. And I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate Miles Morales--not so much in the story or character beats, its still probably Bendis best current writing---I just hate when a modern writer patches an update on a pre existing (and still ongoing) character--make your own damn character! I dunno---this is all my opinion. Maybe a new start at DC would be helpful, but I'm not really dying for a Bendis Batman...maybe Superman
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    Bendis is really a tale of two writers for me. I think his Ultimate stuff was fantastic , I liked his Daredevil, and his real early Avengers stuff. But then he just got annoying. I really started hating his writing about the time he killed Ultimate Spider-man and his mainstream stuff was just so repetitive and cutesy characters. I at first loved Jessica Jones but in the Avengers she was so distracting. Just really burned out on me. I couldn't even read his Xmen and Guardians stuff. And I know I'm in the minority here, but I hate Miles Morales--not so much in the story or character beats, its still probably Bendis best current writing---I just hate when a modern writer patches an update on a pre existing (and still ongoing) character--make your own damn character! I dunno---this is all my opinion. Maybe a new start at DC would be helpful, but I'm not really dying for a Bendis Batman...maybe Superman
    I like most of his stuff but not his X-Men and his guardians was readable but very weak. He really was kicking some ass on Iron Man, particularly his take on Dr. Doom. Oh, and Defenders was good, too! I am pretty excited about him going to DC and getting the chance to play in the toy box.

Mighty Member

I almost bit on the Bendis omni as well. If I'd not have spent so much the last couple months probably would've. But with CGNs shipping it wasn't bargain enough for me. Torso (included in the Crime Noir) is an excellent work of historical fiction if no one's read it.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I agree with much of what you've written bar Jessica Jones, as I've hardly read any of her. His Daredevil was very good BUT I'm not a fan of superhero identities being out in the open and it was Bendis who got the ball rolling on DD's secret identity reveal. Waid sometimes gets flak for his identity being fully revealed but it was pretty much already out there. The "damage" had been done in Bendis' run.

I read that Bendis when asked several years ago who he would like to write at DC said Zatanna.

Please don't let him touch Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree with much of what you've written bar Jessica Jones, as I've hardly read any of her. His Daredevil was very good BUT I'm not a fan of superhero identities being out in the open and it was Bendis who got the ball rolling on DD's secret identity reveal. Waid sometimes gets flak for his identity being fully revealed but it was pretty much already out there. The "damage" had been done in Bendis' run.

I read that Bendis when asked several years ago who he would like to write at DC said Zatanna.

Please don't let him touch Superman.
    My guess would be he's gonna start with The Flash or Green Lantern, which I'm not sure I would be happy with, because Flash is one of my all-time favorites. Like most of you I'd liked the first years he did at Marvel, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, etc. The second half of his Avengers run I was not really thrilled about. I'd have to start at the Marvel Now era, but from what I read it's pretty bad

Default Marvel Estimated Collected Editions Sales for October 2017

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for October 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

13. Civil War II TPB - 3,030
    23. Secret Empire OHC - 2,279
    37. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 4 - 1,759
    48. Hulk: World War Hulk Omnibus - 1,607
    58. The Mighty Thor By Walter Simonson Omnibus (2nd Printing) - 1,430
    60. The Tomb of Dracula: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,419
    69. Thor Vs. Hulk TPB - 1,275
    80. Marvel Horror: The Magazine Collection TPB - 1,164
    81. Werewolf By Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,159
    83. The Mighty Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,138
    86. Marvel Masterworks: The Mighty Thor HC Vol. 16 - 1,118
    95. Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 13: Afterlife - 1,060
    104. The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Hulk Must Die - 991
    105. Thor: Ragnaroks TPB - 990
    121. Avengers Standoff TPB - 824
    124. The Incredible Hulk By Jason Aaron: The Complete Collection - 811
    167. Thor: Gods & Deviants TPB - 623
    177. Avengers By Brian Michael Bendis: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 573
    244. Howard The Duck: The Complete Collection Vol. 4 - 370

For the sake of comparison, below are DC's estimated Omnibus sales for October:

Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus - 1,481
    Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,208
    Justice League Darkseid War Saga Omnibus - 1,034
    Grayson The Superspy Omnibus – 629.

Astonishing Member

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for October 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales. I haven’t included any reentries.

13. Civil War II TPB - 3,030
    23. Secret Empire OHC - 2,279
    37. Shang-Chi, Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 4 - 1,759
    48. Hulk: World War Hulk Omnibus - 1,607
    58. The Mighty Thor By Walter Simonson Omnibus (2nd Printing) - 1,430
    60. The Tomb of Dracula: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,419
    69. Thor Vs. Hulk TPB - 1,275
    80. Marvel Horror: The Magazine Collection TPB - 1,164
    81. Werewolf By Night: The Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 1,159
    83. The Mighty Thor: Heroes Return Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,138
    86. Marvel Masterworks: The Mighty Thor HC Vol. 16 - 1,118
    95. Doctor Strange Epic Collection Vol. 13: Afterlife - 1,060
    104. The Incredible Hulk Epic Collection Vol. 2: The Hulk Must Die - 991
    105. Thor: Ragnaroks TPB - 990
    121. Avengers Standoff TPB - 824
    124. The Incredible Hulk By Jason Aaron: The Complete Collection - 811
    167. Thor: Gods & Deviants TPB - 623
    177. Avengers By Brian Michael Bendis: The Complete Collection Vol. 2 - 573
    244. Howard The Duck: The Complete Collection Vol. 4 - 370

For the sake of comparison, below are DC's estimated Omnibus sales for October:

Swamp Thing: The Bronze Age Omnibus - 1,481
    Justice League International Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,208
    Justice League Darkseid War Saga Omnibus - 1,034
    Grayson The Superspy Omnibus – 629.
    It's good to see the Shang-Chi volume 4 get such high sales. Are there other volume 4s we could compare saleswise?

And Thor by Simonson has great numbers for a reprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    It's good to see the Shang-Chi volume 4 get such high sales. Are there other volume 4s we could compare saleswise?

Not at this point unless you wanted to count the Brubaker Cap. America stuff but that wasn't numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Not at this point unless you wanted to count the Brubaker Cap. America stuff but that wasn't numbered.
    And even then, The Trial of Captain America Omnibus (unofficially Cap by Brubaker Vol. 4) didn't manage to achieve 1000 units in its premiere month.

And even then, The Trial of Captain America Omnibus (unofficially Cap by Brubaker Vol. 4) didn't manage to achieve 1000 units in its premiere month.
    If I could have gotten them all (reasonably priced) I would have gotten them all. Because I couldn't, I got none. That is the trouble with the multi-vol releases.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    If I could have gotten them all (reasonably priced) I would have gotten them all. Because I couldn't, I got none. That is the trouble with the multi-vol releases.
    I picked up Trial and Return of the Winter Soldier in the latest omnibus clearance sale.

Of course, that's not really a good strategy if the omnibus sell out and is only available at high eBay prices.

Incredible Member

Uncanny X-Force omnibus - Why would Marvel not reprint this immediately? Has an omnibus ever sold out quicker?

The lack of reasoning is more frustrating than the lack of book itself.

Grah!