Page 278 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1782282682742752762772782792802812822883283787781278 ... LastLast
Results 4,156 to 4,170 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    There are a few cohesive stories in that first Moon Knight volume. Primarily, the story from the Hulk Magazine is pretty substantial, and effectively the first "real" Moon Knight tale that establishes some of the groundwork of his story (though it's repeated in his series). Given that it includes both that and the first four issues of his own series, it was worth a buy for me despite skipping some of the other hodge-podge-y first Epic Volumes.

(Although, that said, I remain incredibly surprised that Marvel skipped doing a first volume of Wolverine hodge-podge that's effectively the parts of his Omnibus that weren't in his Vol. 1 and wouldn't be earmarked for future volumes - Marvel Comics Presents #72-84, Incredible Hulk #180-182; Marvel Treasury Edition #26; Best of Marvel Comics HC; Wolverine (1982) #1-4; Kitty Pryde and Wolverine #1-6; Spider-Man vs. Wolverine #1.

I suppose that is because the Epics largely are chronological affairs, so it would by it's nature have omitted the MCP material as a flashback, and almost all of that other material will be in X-Men epics at some point - but its not like there's a lack of significant Wolverine stories from UXM that will get recovered in Epics there the same way there are from FF for Black Panther and Silver Surfer.)
    thanks for the detailed answer. Sooo....I basically have to buy the first MK epic but only half the content is important and/or worth it?

How is the Guardians of the Galaxy solo omni? I already own the Annihilation classic OHC...is there much overlay between the books?

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about a precedent being set, simply because I think this will be a clearance event Omni. I think this, and I believe others would agree, because the original Squadron Omni languished on shelves and was a clearance event book itself. I don't see too many people rushing out to pick it up for the extra issues that are in it. At the end of the day no matter how great the original SS limited series was they are just not big name draw characters. I have the original printing and this is an easy pass for me.
    I swear I don't understand Marvel's continual marketing push of the Squadron Supreme / Supreme Power characters. I've never been that impressed by what I've read starring them, and like others have said, the first Omni was either (a) a notoriously poor seller or (b) they printed a million copies of it, because it's been in the clearance bin for years now.

They must have a TV series or movie in the works. Otherwise it makes no logical sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    speakin' of Moon knight. IIRC the first epic is a bit of hodge podge of his first appearances from various titles so should I just pick up the 2nd one if I want a more coherent story? Or would I be lost without the first? I prefer reading a good story even if I have to miss some "historically important" first appearances or "nice to see where the character started" moments if they are not essential to the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    thanks for the detailed answer. Sooo....I basically have to buy the first MK epic but only half the content is important and/or worth it?
    Dude, just buy it. It's pretty great and not too expensive. The stories move along fairly fast paced and the artwork is solid. With the first Epic you also get MK's first solo series, as a backup feature from the 70s Hulk magazine. I'd never read any of the material until last year when I picked up the first Epic on a whim. I liked it well enough that I soon picked up the 2nd volume as well.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I swear I don't understand Marvel's continual marketing push of the Squadron Supreme / Supreme Power characters. I've never been that impressed by what I've read starring them, and like others have said, the first Omni was either (a) a notoriously poor seller or (b) they printed a million copies of it, because it's been in the clearance bin for years now.

They must have a TV series or movie in the works. Otherwise it makes no logical sense.

Dude, just buy it. It's pretty great and not too expensive. The stories move along fairly fast paced and the artwork is solid. With the first Epic you also get MK's first solo series, as a backup feature from the 70s Hulk magazine. I'd never read any of the material until last year when I picked up the first Epic on a whim. I liked it well enough that I soon picked up the 2nd volume as well.
    on the SS thing: I don't get it either but it's a shame the original SS mini doesn't get more attention, it's really freakin good.
    On MK: I think I will get it in my next order, you convinced me with "fast paced".
    I like when these BA stories are a bit shorter and move faster, like the MCKenzie Cap story with DD when they're chasing Nazis. It's not an all time classic but it's a fun adventure and I was never bored while reading it.

There's one or two crappy issues in that first MK Epic but a lot of it is good stuff. Good enough to warrant getting it beyond just having the first four issues of the first 'proper' series.

I loved the first MK Epic. I thought it was great and couldn't wait until the next volume. Unfortunately I couldn't get into vol 2 at all and ended up selling it off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I don't know if I trust that Wikipedia reference. The Marvel Adventures Vol. 2 I'm finding is animated-style retellings of classic Marvel stories, and that issue seems to be FF.
    Thanks Krisis, it seems to be easier. In the Cap issues of the Masterworks 8 it is stated that the Beast just moved to another research facility and the female agent plays a part in the Cap / X-Men storyline against the Secret Empire.

I just saw that cheap-comics.com will also be participating in the Death of X sale later this month. Chris told me that he will probably have a list of the titles around the same time, but does anybody already know which X-Men books will be available? When does the sale start in the U.S.?

I end up probably recognizing that I already have 99% of the books but maybe I can trade in some german floppies for at least Trades for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Thanks Krisis, it seems to be easier. In the Cap issues of the Masterworks 8 it is stated that the Beast just moved to another research facility and the female agent plays a part in the Cap / X-Men storyline against the Secret Empire.

I just saw that cheap-comics.com will also be participating in the Death of X sale later this month. Chris told me that he will probably have a list of the titles around the same time, but does anybody already know which X-Men books will be available? When does the sale start in the U.S.?

I end up probably recognizing that I already have 99% of the books but maybe I can trade in some german floppies for at least Trades for cheap.
    Is there a list of what will be on sale for Death of X?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    There's one or two crappy issues in that first MK Epic but a lot of it is good stuff. Good enough to warrant getting it beyond just having the first four issues of the first 'proper' series.
    Is it going oop? amazon UK has it for an okay price but then it jumps up with a tenner.

My friend try to sell this book for me , only 30$. What do you guys think ?

spidey.jpg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post

spidey.jpg
    That looks like the John Romita Amazing Spider-Man Artist's Editions Vol. 2. For $30, that would be an amazing bargain.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Is there a list of what will be on sale for Death of X?
    The list is now online at cheap comics, but only with the cover prices. Next week he is going to publish the prices and the comics are not in stock yet.

That are really a lot of X-comics for sale. Beyond the Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 1 by Claremont and few other books I don't own/know much about X-Men and X-titles.
    Any recommendation?
    Last edited by Jaepuck; 04-19-2016 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harrycuong View Post

spidey.jpg
    Jump on that in a heartbeat as that is the limited edition version for volume 2.

That should be signed by John Romita, Stan Lee and Gerry Conway, and might have a Remarqued done by John Romita Sr if one of the first 72 of 125 copies.

http://www.idwpublishing.com/product...rqued-variant/
    Last edited by Omnibus; 04-19-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Fantastic Member

The July solicitations are out. These are the HCs:

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC DELL'OTTO COVER
    Written by DOUG MOENCH, BILL MANTLO, STEVE ENGLEHART, GERRY CONWAY, DON McGREGOR,
    JOHN DAVID WARNER, TONY ISABELLA, DENNIS O'NEIL, CHRIS CLAREMONT & MORE
    Penciled by RUDY NEBRES, GEORGE PÉREZ, JIM STARLIN, PAUL GULACY, ALAN WEISS, MIKE VOSBURG,
    DON PERLIN, KEITH POLLARD, HERB TRIMPE, FRANK McLAUGHLIN, SANHO KIM & PAT BRODERICK
    Covers by GABRIELE DELL'OTTO & NICK CARDY
    Kung-fu fever had struck the United States! Hot on the heels of the breakout hit MASTER OF KUNG FU, Marvel launched the amazing oversized DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU magazine -- headlined by Shang-Chi, Iron Fist and the Sons of the Tiger! Artists including Rudy Nebres, George Pérez, Jim Starlin and Paul Gulacy gave DEADLY HANDS their all. With stunning painted covers by the likes of Neal Adams, issues of DEADLY HANDS featured not just the comic-art adventures of Marvel's greatest kung-fu heroes -- but also extensive interviews; martial-arts guides; photo features; and movie, TV and book reviews! Whatever you wanted to know about martial arts, DEADLY HANDS had a kung-fu grip on it! Collecting DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU (1974) #1-18 and SPECIAL, and DEADLIEST HEROES OF KUNG FU.
    1120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90133-2
    Trim size: oversized
    DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC CARDY COVER (DM ONLY)
    1120 PGS./Rated T+ ...$125.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90175-2

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN VOL. 2: THE WAR MACHINES PREMIERE HC
    Written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    Penciled by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Cover by MIKE DEODATO JR.
    Something is rotten in the house of Stark, and Tony must delve into the nooks and crannies of his international organization to root out the answers. But what will he find? Meanwhile, as events begin to build that will rock the Marvel Universe once again, Iron Man teams with War Machine to face a brand-new threat -- with a little help from Spider-Man! Tony and Rhodey are best pals on and off the battlefield, but their friendship will be tested beyond anything they've ever known as new power players reveal themselves in a bloody and dangerous fashion. Can anything Iron Man and War Machine do prevent an all-new Civil War? Or will fresh conflict pit Tony against some of his nearest and dearest? Collecting INVINCIBLE IRON MAN (2015) #6-10.
    136 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9521-4
    Trim size: standard

MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 7 HC
    Written by ROGER STERN with RALPH MACCHIO, JIM STARLIN, MARV WOLFMAN & DON McGREGOR
    Penciled by TOM SUTTON with JIM STARLIN, AL MILGROM, RICARDO VILLAMONTE, ALAN KUPPERBERG, GENE COLAN, HOWARD CHAYKIN & ERNIE CHAN
    Cover by JIM STARLIN
    The Master of the Mystic Arts crosses into the Quadriverse, but little does he realize that unknown agents have set the Cosmic Wheel of Change in motion. Chaos is unleashed as the universe goes mad! Only with the return of the Ancient One can Doctor Strange hope to restore order to creation, but he'll have to conquer the cosmic might of the In-Betweener to do it! Writer Roger Stern has even more frightening horrors to unveil, as an elder god marshals Nightmare, D'Spayre and the Dream Weaver to twist reality -- and rend Strange and Clea's souls with inconceivable fears! Also featuring mystic encounters with Nighthawk, Namor, the Avengers and the Black Knight -- and the return of a figure from one of Doctor Strange's first adventures! Collecting DOCTOR STRANGE (1974) #23-37 and CHAMBER OF CHILLS #3-4.
    304 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90022-9
    MARVEL MASTERWORKS: DOCTOR STRANGE VOL. 7 HC -- VARIANT EDITION VOL. 238 (DM ONLY)
    304 PGS./Rated T ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90023-6

MS. MARVEL OMNIBUS VOL. 1 HC
    Written by G. WILLOW WILSON, MARK WAID,
    DAN SLOTT & CHRISTOS GAGE
    Penciled by ADRIAN ALPHONA, JACOB WYATT,
    ELMO BONDOC, TAKESHI MIYAZAWA, HUMBERTO RAMOS & GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI
    Cover by JAMIE McKELVIE
    The complete first season of Marvel's international sensation between two covers! Kamala Khan is an ordinary girl from Jersey City -- until she suddenly gains extraordinary gifts. But who is she now? Teenager? Muslim? Inhuman? As Kamala explores her newfound powers in the guise of the new Ms. Marvel, she takes on the maniacal Inventor; teams up with Wolverine and Spider-Man; meets the Inhuman royal family and adopts their teleporting dog, Lockjaw; faces the mischief of Loki; and finally gets to hang out with her idol, Captain Marvel! All while facing the regular girl problems of family, first love and...the end of the world? If Kamala Khan isn't your favorite hero yet, read this and she will be! Collecting MS. MARVEL (2014) #1-19, S.H.I.E.L.D. (2014) #2, and material from ALL-NEW MARVEL NOW! POINT ONE #1 and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2014) #7-8.
    488 PGS./Rated T+ ...$75.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90201-8

SCARLET BOOK 2 PREMIERE HC
    WRITTEN BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    PENCILED BY ALEX MALEEV
    COVER BY ALEX MALEEV
    The most controversial and best-reviewed comic book on the stands today is back! From the Eisner Award-winning team of Bendis and Maleev (DAREDEVIL, SPIDER-WOMAN, MOON KNIGHT) comes the next chapter in Scarlet's one-woman American Revolution. Scarlet has declared war on a city strangled from within by corruption! Her call to arms has been heard all over the world -- but now Scarlet makes her boldest move yet, taking City Hall hostage while the entire country watches. How will the public react to her list of demands? Can a modern revolution gain traction? And what will the government do to shut her down? The answers will surprise you, as Scarlet finds herself forced to make a dangerous and desperate move: letting them capture her! The creator-owned hit is back -- and bolder than ever! Collecting SCARLET #6-10.
    176 PGS./Mature ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8429-4
    Trim size: standard

THE UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL VOL. 1 HC
    Written by RYAN NORTH with STEVE DITKO,
    WILL MURRAY & DAN SLOTT
    Penciled by ERICA HENDERSON with
    STEVE DITKO & MORE
    Cover by ERICA HENDERSON
    Wolverine. Deadpool. Doctor Doom. Thanos. There's one hero who's beaten them all, and now she's got her own book! And to celebrate, she's set her sights even higher -- much higher. We're talking Galactus! But first Doreen Green, a.k.a. Squirrel Girl, is starting college, making new friends, eating nuts and kicking butts -- not necessarily in that order! Together with her best (human) pal Nancy and her best (squirrel) pal Tippy-Toe, and armed only with a tail and some fact-filled super-villain trading cards, she'll take on the likes of Kraven the Hunter, Whiplash and, oh, yeah, the Devourer of Worlds! Plus: Classic Squirrel Girl tales including her dazzling Ditko-drawn debut! Collecting UNBEATABLE SQUIRREL GIRL (2015A) #1-8 -- plus material from MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1990) #8, GLX-MAS SPECIAL, THING (2006) #8 and AGE OF HEROES #3.
    248 PGS./Rated T ...$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90224-7

STAR WARS: EPISODE II — ATTACK OF THE CLONES HC
    Written by JONATHAN HALES & HENRY GILROY
    Penciled by JAN DUURSEMA
    Cover by MIKE MAYHEW
    The official adaptation of the crucial second chapter in the Star Wars saga! The Republic is under threat, with thousands of solar systems joining the separatist movement led by the mysterious Count Dooku. The few remaining Jedi Knights struggle to maintain peace and order in the galaxy. As the Galactic Senate considers raising a clone army, Senator Amidala -- the former queen of Naboo -- comes under attack. Someone must protect her -- and Obi-Wan Kenobi and his apprentice, Anakin Skywalker, take on the fateful mission. As old favorites like Yoda and new ones like Jango Fett play their parts, destiny takes hold -- in a tale of forbidden love, a young Jedi finding his true path and an old threat rising from the shadows once again. Collecting STAR WARS: EPISODE II -- ATTACK OF THE CLONES #1-4.
    152 PGS./Rated T ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90075-5

STAR WARS: HEROES FOR A NEW HOPE HC
    Written by MARK WAID, CHARLES SOULE & GERRY DUGGAN
    Penciled by TERRY DODSON, ALEX MALEEV & PHIL NOTO
    Cover by TERRY DODSON, ALEX MALEEV & PHIL NOTO
    Three of the most beloved characters in the entire Star Wars saga in their own solo adventures! After Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Leia Organa is a princess without a world! But she still feels a duty to her people. Can she save the remaining Alderaanians from the might of the Galactic Empire? Before master of charm Lando Calrissian joined the Rebellion, or even ran Cloud City, he and faithful ally Lobot got by with the odd swindle and plenty of swagger. But this time, has Lando bitten off more than he can chew? Speaking of things getting Chewy, everybody's favorite Wookiee warrior also faces some alone time after the battle of Yavin. Stranded on an Imperial-occupied planet, far away from Han Solo, will he make a new best friend? Collecting PRINCESS LEIA #1-5, LANDO #1-5 and CHEWBACCA #1-5.
    344 PGS./Rated T ...$50.00
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90223-0

STAR WARS: JOURNEY TO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS - SHATTERED EMPIRE HC
    Written by GREG RUCKA & JAMES ROBINSON
    Penciled by MARCO CHECCHETTO & TONY HARRIS
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    For the first time in the new Star Wars canon, journey with us into the time after the end of Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi! Writer Greg Rucka (PUNISHER, WOLVERINE, Gotham Central) and artist Marco Checchetto (AVENGERS WORLD, PUNISHER) take us past the destruction of the second Death Star -- and into the chaos of a Shattered Empire. It's the explosive lead-in to this winter's blockbuster big-screen Star Wars revival, and everything you need to know is right here! Plus, follow everyone's favorite protocol droid as he Journeys to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
    144 PGS./Rated T+ ...$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-90210-0

Fantastic Member

And also this one:

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.: SEASON THREE DECLASSIFIED HC SLIPCASE
    Written by TROY BENJAMIN
    MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. returns for an action-packed third season! Director Phil Coulson and Agent Daisy Johnson lead the charge, amassing a new breed of warrior as Inhumans emerge across the globe. But Coulson and his team soon learn they're not alone: There are others on the hunt for these Inhumans -- and while some may be friend, others may be foe. Meanwhile, the evil organization Hydra rebuilds from the ground up under a new and deadly leader. Get the top-secret details in this keepsake volume showcasing never-before-seen photography, production-design details, and exclusive behind-the-scenes information and interviews with cast and crew. The events of Season Three will rock the characters you know and love to the core. Don't miss a single moment!
    240 PGS./All Ages ...$50.00
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-9594-8
    Trim size: landscape