Page 1359 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3598591259130913491355135613571358135913601361136213631369 ... LastLast
Results 20,371 to 20,385 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Honestly, with asking for a comparison to Brubaker's Cap run, I'd give that a hard no.....There are a few issues here or there which are fun (some of the John Walker stuff, in particular), but most of Gruenwald's run is basic 80s fare. Kind of goofy, and not structured very well. A hardcore fan of Brubaker probably wouldn't be into this.

As flawed as the DeMatteis/Zeck run is, I'd say the few gems in that one are far superior to Gruenwald's run. But I wouldn't suggest the full DeMatteis run, either.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the perspective!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I was wondering how they would present/number the next Cap Omnibuses after the Kirby Omnibus. That's really good of Marvel to those of us who bought the 1st or 2nd printings of the Kirby Omni to not go ahead and produce a Vol. 4 that would incorporate what came after Kirby. I already have a mishmash of those SA Cap spines - old style for Vol. 1 and 2, new Vol. 3 and then the Kirby 1st printing. I'll just run with it.

With regards the Grunewald Omnibus, great news and this will be another standard cover choice for me.
    Would you consider volume 3 as silver age?
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Would you consider volume 3 as silver age?
    No, actually, we would be well into the Bronze Age with Vol. 3. I really should have said SA/BA spines.

Thank you, it's only that I collect just the silver age omnibus editions.
    Hail Hydra!

Amazing Member

Happy to see the Gruenwald Captain America Omnibus, but wow that page count will be high. I wonder if they just don't have a lot of faith in it throwing 50 issues together, or if they just wanted to finish the Captain story line in one Omni.

Fantastic Member

Is the World War Hulk omnibus getting a reprint? I’m seriously asking for someone who is looking for one…anyone?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    Is the World War Hulk omnibus getting a reprint? I’m seriously asking for someone who is looking for one…anyone?
    It's not yet been announced, but Omar teased that there are a number of reprints he hasn't given out yet thru next June, so it could show up, I suppose. I don't have a good feel for what will and won't be reprinted
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

They FINALLY fixed the coloring mistake that has bothered me for decades!

But see what I mean about the glare on shiny, slick pages?
    I have to keep adjusting an Omni because of it (which is no small task since they can be huge), and it legitimately bothers my eyes.
    They really should do matte-paper

Hello all,

With one week before Defenders Omni #2 comes out, I was wondering if there was any word/update as to whether or not the two additional issues I requested have made it into the Omni?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hello all,

With one week before Defenders Omni #2 comes out, I was wondering if there was any word/update as to whether or not the two additional issues I requested have made it into the Omni?
    I would assume that whatever is in the listing is what is in the book at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I would assume that whatever is in the listing is what is in the book at this point.
    But those were listed months and months ago and most likely would not be updated.

I was wondering if Omar or some other source had made any mention of changes/additions?

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But those were listed months and months ago and most likely would not be updated.

I was wondering if Omar or some other source had made any mention of changes/additions?
    Not that any of us have heard, I don’t think, but Omar often does “First Look” videos several days before omnis are released, so you could keep an eye on the NMC channel over the next week or so; maybe he’ll do one for Defenders v2.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Not that any of us have heard, I don’t think, but Omar often does “First Look” videos several days before omnis are released, so you could keep an eye on the NMC channel over the next week or so; maybe he’ll do one for Defenders v2.
    Ah, that is good to know.

I will keep an eye out and if I see anything, I will post it here.

Thank you so much!

Here is an update for the Defenders Omnibus #2 coming out July 2023:

So....I just watched a NMC video taped in June for July 2023.

The Defenders Vol 2 Omnibus was included. While Omar said we knew of this planned book for about 3 years, it is finally here.

While he listed what was included, unfortunately, those 2 additional issues I had so urgently requested, it seems that it did no good, as they were not mentioned as being included in the Omni.

I am very disappointed, and at this moment I am not sure that I will pick this up as it is not inclusive.

Looking forward to getting my copies of Defenders vol 2 plus Avengers vol 1 & 2 this month.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel