Page 580 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 804805305705765775785795805815825835845906306801080 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 20754
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Hi, first time writing around here. I think these are new, right?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/13...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At least I hadn't seen those before today.

PD: I really like the Dr Strange cover
    I believe those were announced in the newest edelweis release. That is a cool cover though.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guthwulf View Post
    Hi, first time writing around here. I think these are new, right?

At least I hadn't seen those before today.

PD: I really like the Dr Strange cover
    Yes, they were in the recent Edelweiss catalogue.

Welcome to the thread, btw.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2017 are in (please note this list only details those comics sold to North American Comics Shops as reported by Diamond). I’ve listed below the Marvel OHC/Omnibus/MMW’s as well as the larger TPB collections such as the Epic, Ultimate and Complete lines that made the list, detailing the position, title and estimated sales.

I’ve grouped the new entries separately from the reentries this month as there was once again a substantial amount of Omnibuses that were picked up by comic retailers at clearance prices.

32. Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,027
    59. Deadpool Classic Vol. 17 Headcanon TPB - 1,548
    66. New Mutants Epic Collection Vol. 1: Renewal - 1,457
    68. Wolverine Vs Punisher TPB - 1,386
    69. X-Men Epic Collection Vol. 5: Second Genesis - 1,376
    72. Daredevil By Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,370
    74. X-Factor Epic Collection Vol. 1: Genesis and Apocalypse - 1,341
    75. Star Wars Legends Epic Collection Vol. 2: Old Republic - 1,330
    78. Wolverine Vs Marvel Universe TPB - 1,309
    89. Marvel Masterworks Daredevil HC Vol. 11 - 1,237
    98. Excalibur Epic Collection Vol. 1 The Sword Is Drawn - 1,179
    106. Iron Fist Living Weapon Complete Collection - 1,138
    133. X-Force Epic Collection Vol. 1: Under The Gun - 950
    145. Cloak and Dagger Lost and Found TPB - 860
    189. Avengers Initiative Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 632
    199. Uncanny Inhumans OHC Vol. 1 - 604
    205. New Avengers By Bendis Complete Collection Vol. 3 - 589
    212. Guardians of Galaxy by Jim Valentino Omnibus - 574
    238. Spider-Man Complete Clone Saga Epic Vol. 3 - 512

Shang-Chi once again roundhouse kicked his way to the top of the thicker Marvel Collected Editions this month breaking the 2,000+ barrier, proving that Vol. 1 with 2,232 units back in June 2016 was no one punch wonder. Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 sold pretty well with 1,370 units, especially if one takes into account that the same run had previously sold quite a fair amount of OHCs, PHCs and TPBs. The GotG by Jim Valentino Omnibus didn’t fare too well with less than 600 copies. I expect it’ll be a good contender for the clearance pile in a year or two.

This was definitely the month of mutants with no less than FIVE related Epics and 2 Wolverine TPBs. DC had one Omnibus in March with Justice League of America Bronze Age Vol. 1 which moved 929 units.

Below is the list of reentries:

44. Hawkeye By Matt Fraction and David Aja Omnibus - 1,824
    49. Captain America Return of Winter Soldier Omnibus - 1,777
    60. Star Wars Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 2 - 1,538
    62. Star Wars Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 3 - 1,521
    71. Uncanny Avengers Omnibus - 1,371
    76. Werewolf By Night Omnibus - 1,326
    82. Guardians of Galaxy Solo Classic Omnibus - 1,289
    87. Fantastic Four By Matt Fraction Omnibus - 1,258
    90. Stand Omnibus Slipcase - 1,232
    93. Star Wars Marvel Years Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,203
    94. X-Men Age of Apocalypse Omnibus Companion - 1,202
    126. X-Men Avengers Onslaught Omnibus - 995
    131. Golden Age Captain America Omnibus Vol. 1 - 966
    132. Oz Omnibus - 962
    147. Captain America Trial of Captain America Omnibus - 852
    154. Shield Complete Collection Omnibus - 803
    158. X-23 Complete Collection Vol. 1 - 786
    173. Marvel 75th Anniversary Omnibus - 716
    177. Wolverine Old Man Logan OHC New Ptg - 670
    178. Annihilation Conquest Omnibus - 668
    186. Fantastic Four By John Byrne Omnibus Vol. 2 - 638
    188. Iron Man By Kurt Busiek and Sean Chen Omnibus - 633
    191. Marvel Firsts 1990S Omnibus - 625
    203. Marvel Now Omnibus - 596
    216. Ultimate Marvel Omnibus Vol. 1 - 563
    258. New Avengers Omnibus Vol. 1 - 444
    266. Civil War II OHC - 423
    285. Muppets Omnibus - 387

If i don't really dig Spider-man, is there any chance that the upcoming Friendly Neighbourhood complete collection will change my mind?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The complete estimated comic book sales figures for March 2017 are in....

32. Shang-Chi Master of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol. 3 - 2,027
    72. Daredevil By Mark Waid Omnibus Vol. 1 - 1,370
    212. Guardians of Galaxy by Jim Valentino Omnibus - 574
    Glad to see Shang-Chi doing well! I know there are a few factors as to why it's doing well. I hope one is that upfront Marvel stated we will finish it thus allowing people to commit.
    Daredevil by Waid performed at least as expected.
    Sad to see the GotG by Valentino do so poorly. I want it all in Omni!!! Well at least thru issue #50, that was where I left due to reasons (college).
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu Omnibus Vol.2

shang.jpg

Incredible Member

Question about Aaron's Thor run:

I bought the OHC of the beginning of the female Thor run. I was about to start it but realized I might have to read the previous Thor books leading up to him being unworthy. So I'm wondering about the Aaron Thor God of Thunder v1+2 OHC books. The reason I bought this and not those was because Thor never interested me. Ever. Even in the movies. But for some reason, when a female Thor was announced, that appealed to me more. So that's why I picked that volume first. Is Aaron's run on Thor really that good enough for me to go back and get those? Or can I just bypass that and start from the female Thor? Just wondering before I drop $30 for each book. If it's nothing special, I won't bother.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post

I bought the OHC of the beginning of the female Thor run. I was about to start it but realized I might have to read the previous Thor books leading up to him being unworthy. So I'm wondering about the Aaron Thor God of Thunder v1+2 OHC books. The reason I bought this and not those was because Thor never interested me. Ever. Even in the movies. But for some reason, when a female Thor was announced, that appealed to me more. So that's why I picked that volume first. Is Aaron's run on Thor really that good enough for me to go back and get those? Or can I just bypass that and start from the female Thor? Just wondering before I drop $30 for each book. If it's nothing special, I won't bother.
    You can skip those and still be fine. I've never been a huge thor fan either (did love UU Thor though) but really did enjoy both GoT books, so I'd still recommend them.

I think the Godbutcher run was great and definitely worth a read but after that it wasn't anything special although still pretty solid. I'm still planning to pick up the second ohc and the female Thor ohc too but I like Thor in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad to see Shang-Chi doing well! I know there are a few factors as to why it's doing well. I hope one is that upfront Marvel stated we will finish it thus allowing people to commit.
    Daredevil by Waid performed at least as expected.
    Sad to see the GotG by Valentino do so poorly. I want it all in Omni!!! Well at least thru issue #50, that was where I left due to reasons (college).
    GotG by Valentino is all in omni.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    You can skip those and still be fine. I've never been a huge thor fan either (did love UU Thor though) but really did enjoy both GoT books, so I'd still recommend them.
    That was my gut assumption. I've been okay in general with starting a series between arcs and not worrying too much about what came before. That's what wikipedia is for! lol. Seriously though, I love Aaron's creator-owned stuff, but I've had some big misses with writers who did their own stuff really well, but sort of flop when it comes to these big 2 company books.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think the Godbutcher run was great and definitely worth a read but after that it wasn't anything special although still pretty solid. I'm still planning to pick up the second ohc and the female Thor ohc too but I like Thor in general.
    Thanks. It certainly looks pretty good.

That was my gut assumption. I've been okay in general with starting a series between arcs and not worrying too much about what came before. That's what wikipedia is for! lol. Seriously though, I love Aaron's creator-owned stuff, but I've had some big misses with writers who did their own stuff really well, but sort of flop when it comes to these big 2 company books.

Thanks. It certainly looks pretty good.
    The first GoT ohc is amazing. One of the best Thor stories ever told. You'll probably enjoy it all as long as you're ok with how Thor becomes unworthy and how it makes absolutely zero sense. Otherwise, you might find it to be the biggest **** stain on Jason Aaron's career.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    The first GoT ohc is amazing. One of the best Thor stories ever told. You'll probably enjoy it all as long as you're ok with how Thor becomes unworthy and how it makes absolutely zero sense. Otherwise, you might find it to be the biggest **** stain on Jason Aaron's career.
    I'm at work, it's been a boring day, and this actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you. Now I'm kind of intrigued.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by OldManBrian View Post
    That seems impossible, since Wolverine and The X-Men exists in this world
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That seems impossible, since Wolverine and The X-Men exists in this world
    Could WatX really be worse than his solo Wolverine? Or his Ghost Rider?