Default Punisher by Rick Remender Omnibus

I couldn't find any proper thread to send my Punisher by Rick Remender Omnibus review, so i opened this thread. I sent it to the Punisher Appreaciation thread before, but i learned that no one reads the Appreaciation threads, so i send it again to see, if it will get any response under its own thread.

Ok, i finally finished the Rick Remender Punisher run as Omnibus. I enjoyed it as much as Marvel Knights Punisher Run of Garth Ennis, The Punisher Writer.

The run started with Punisher's attempt of assasinating Norman Osborn. No matter how he acted under the image of a respectable citizen or politician, Frank knew he was just a rabid dog that needed to be put down. Punisher used a skrull technology rifle which could shoot a target from a mile away, but the bullet got cought in the air by Sentry at the last moment before it reached Osborn. We saw a Punisher in the Marvel Universe who used sci fi, alien technologies or super hero technology like ant-man's helmet ( we saw Frank got shrank himself and hide in a pizza and while the criminal was eating the pizza Frank made himself grow in the guy's mouth... that was massed up... lol) or Iron Man's gauntlet in this run. He was not refined to the street level crime here where The Punisher shone the most like in Ennis's the Punisher Max Run but Punisher here was in the wonky super hero universe and Remender with his own words descirebed this stuation as better which i disagreed highly. Eccording to Remender, criminals, mafia, yakuza were small fries. Punisher needed to take on Super Villains which were the real deal.

To me and Ennis, this was not true. Super villains were all clown shoes and Mafia, Yakuza and other kinds of street level criminals and crime were what were the real cool deal here that where Punisher excelled. Also companies don't let you kill their super villains, they must be around all the time so that would make Punisher look incompetent... Even the kind of a Super villain level Jigsaw died in the hands of Punisher like how many times ? and he kept on coming back... lame.

Some super villain called The Hood was the main villain who Punisher was after and Punisher couldn't kill him in the end of the run. He escaped without a trace because companies don't let you kill their super villains... grrrr... so annoying. Punisher supposed to put down that second rate freak after mostly 6 issues. The Hood who was a crime boss servant of Dormammu resurrected Microchip, Microship's son and Castle's familly. Punisher killed Microchip's son and his familly, all by fire that he did not believe they were the real deal but some abominations. That was dramatic. What i liked about Remender's run the most was when he tried to pull some dramatic cords, he really did that well. For another example: It turned out the new partner of Punisher, Henry the hacker boy who gave Punisher intel and helped on missions was Jigsaw's son. Now, that was some really dramatic stuff. There was a childhood memory of Henry, The Jigsaw's son. It was very dramatic and also very traumatic memory for Henry. When he was 11 or 12 or something, his female cat gave birth to 3 kittens. His mother was like ''we can't take care of 3 kittens, you should have been more careful to not to get your cat knocked up and she gave the news to Jigsaw. Jigwas was like ''kids never forget bad memories, that is what stays with them forever'' and then Jigsaw pulled his gun, put it on Henry's mothers temple and told Hanry '' if you don't drown the box of kittens in the sink, i will kill your mother.'' so Henry drowned the box of kittens in the sink. That was so dramatic, that showed the kind of sick maniac the Jigsaw was.

Punisher died in the middle of the run in the hands of Daken who was under the orders of H.A.M.M.E.R. organisation's leader The Iron Patriot, who was none other than Norman Osborn. Daken really massed up Punisher, sileced and diced him in to many pieces, but since this was the wonky super hero universe, it didn't end there. Some monsters kindnapped the corpse of Punisher and brought it to Morbius the Living Vampire to stich back to Frankensitein Punisher because they needed a good soldier's aid, all the monsters around the world were hunted down by some crazy group which took it on themselves to clean the earth from monsters. Monsters wanted to survive so they asked Franken Castle for help since now, he was a monster as well. It was enjoyable stuff since as much as i am into street level Punisher, i am also into wonky super hero universe. There was this conversation between Daken and Franken Castle when Punisher went after Daken for the second time, for revenge as The Frankenstein Punisher. I would like to just write the point they made rather than all the converstaion. Daken was like: You are just an old man who wants to be somebody, die already, ah cops. Cops are dirt with inferiorty complex, they just want everyone around them to obey them, to have authory above people. They make me sick, i love killing cops. (which i agree, though i have no murderous intentions lol) Franken Castle was like: You are just a second rate cheap knock off sadistic punk. I won't let you kill the cops, they are what stands between bad people and decent citizen, they deserve respect. Now, the thing here is, If the writer disagrees with something he makes the villain say it, like Daken here. If he agrees with it, he makes the hero say it, like Punisher here and so if you think like Daken, you are wrong and evil because Daken is a villain. If you think like Punisher, you are a good boy. lol This is totaly brainwash, they make with super hero comics alot. This kind of ---- will probably what makes me want to quit super hero comics, if i ever quit. Such a shame.

Punisher helped the monsters and got back among the living thanks to the bloodstone and we were back to war on crime from where we left. Even if Remender talked about Punisher needed to go after super villains, he didn't turn his back on the good old street level crime, we saw in this run Punisher went nuts on the criminal under world alot especially he went on a rampage after Henry quit and Punisher thought Henry turned on him like Microship or the other Jigsaw guy. Two Jigsaws were teamed up against Punisher in the last arc of the run. Punisher thought his wife Maria did not die in the fire after her ressuraction but she lived on and turned against him and working with Jigsaw. That was some dramatic stuff. Jigsaws even made Punisher watch them have sex with his all burn victim wife Maria in a video... Punisher went berserker but it turned out that was not Maria in the end but an agumented woman assassin, who Punisher also burned down at some point.

Two Jigsaws died in the end... I hope they stay dead this time. HA HA Punisher handled everyone, Punisher put back on track his friendship together with Hanry but Punisher fired Hanry, thinking the words of Jingsaw ''Would you bring your own real boy in to your crazy war on crime ?!?!?'' those were some very dramatic words that got the Punisher. As i said before Remender knew how to play the dramatic cords when the time presented itself.
    Last edited by out of control; 02-10-2024 at 05:10 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Reading your detailed summary bring back this run for me. I had placed large parts of the run away in the crevices of my mind. I did enjoy the run at the time and you make me want to go back and re-read mine. Especially considering that Frank material is now fewer and far between along with there being a new guy in the skull.

Still waiting on the Rucka run to get an Omni and to a lesser degree even the Edmondson run.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Reading your detailed summary bring back this run for me. I had placed large parts of the run away in the crevices of my mind. I did enjoy the run at the time and you make me want to go back and re-read mine. Especially considering that Frank material is now fewer and far between along with there being a new guy in the skull.

Still waiting on the Rucka run to get an Omni and to a lesser degree even the Edmondson run.
    Yeah, Marvel hardly print anything about Frank Castle, Punisher nowadays... Because of the controversy around the character, unfortunatly. I even kind of lost all hope for a Punisher by Rememder Omnibus reprint and paid second market price for my omnibus. I was about to do the same for Punisher Max Omnibus by Aaron as well, but the reprint news came so this kind of gives me hope for Frank's future. They started to reprint his Omnibuses.

I am also only missing the Aaron Omnibus, i have all the rest of the Punisher Omnibuses. A Rucka Omnibus would be so awesome,i really wonder about the run where Punisher wore War Machine Armor, that sounds so cool. the writer of the run was Matthew Rosenberg, so a Punisher by Rosenberg Omnibus is probably my most wanted Omnibus right now. HA HA I have never read anything from Rosenberg before though.
    Last edited by out of control; 02-13-2024 at 02:56 AM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I forget how Frank obtains the War Machine armor but he uses against some foil in a made up eastern European commie/dictator type country.
    Its not just one or two issues but most of a 6 issue arc IIRC.

Just 6 issues... Well, it is being that short is kind of disappointing.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I went back to check and it seems that Punisher War Machine is 11 issues. It takes place as part of Punisher vol.8, started by Becky Cloonan but when the title switched to the Marvel Legacy numbering the writer is Matt Rosenberg and the story starts at issue #218.

PunisherWarMachine.jpg

PWM4.jpg

This run hasn't been collected in OHC or Omni yet. Not sure if all TPBs are available.
    I just did an Ebay search "Punisher War Machine Rosenberg", brace yourself. Found some reasonable sold lots, some that were WHAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I forget how Frank obtains the War Machine armor but he uses against some foil in a made up eastern European commie/dictator type country.
    In the wake of receiving intel from a "trusted colleague", Frank "borrows" it after staging a break-in of an unidentified U.S. Air Force Base

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."