Page 939 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4398398899299359369379389399409419429439499891039 ... LastLast
Results 14,071 to 14,085 of 20716

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Why does Conan look like the Thing in a wig?

Incredible Member

SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL. 2
    Written by ROY THOMAS
    Penciled by JOHN BUSCEMA with NEAL ADAMS, WALTER SIMONSON, DICK GIORDANO, BARRY WINDSOR-SMITH & TIM CONRAD
    Covers by SIMONE BIANCHI & JIM STARLIN
    SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN, the cornerstone of Marvel’s black-and-white magazine line, offered up stories of fiction’s most famous barbarian unencumbered by the Comics Code! With the rules of civilized publishing cast off, SAVAGE SWORD presented ferocious, untamed tales the likes of which Conan himself would approve. Writer Roy Thomas and artistic greats including John Buscema and Neal Adams took full advantage — and the results were a sensation! Multi-part sagas like “The People of the Black Circle” luxuriate in extended tellings, while Buscema’s take on “The Tower of the Elephant” explores the nuance of an all-time Robert E. Howard classic. And it’s topped off with MARVEL COMICS SUPER SPECIAL #2, a tale of vengeance lavished with fully painted colors! Collecting SAVAGE SWORD OF CONAN (1974) #13-28 and MARVEL COMICS SUPER SPECIAL #2.
    936 PGS./Mature …$100.00
    Trim size: oversized

I like the cover, but kind of interesting that they chose one advertising a Dracula/Solomon Kane story that (barring an unexpected licensing agreement) won’t be in the omni. They could always remove the text, but I guess some people would probably complain.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

2 quick questions - Has there been a reprinting of Lee and Kirby's Fantastic Four omnibus Volume 3 yet?

And how good is Fraction's Fantastic Four omnibus?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    2 quick questions - Has there been a reprinting of Lee and Kirby's Fantastic Four omnibus Volume 3 yet?

No, no reprint yet.

Sorry, can't help with the second question. I have the Omnibus but i haven't yet started my Fantastic Four Omnibus reading marathon.

Sorry, can't help with the second question. I have the Omnibus but i haven't yet started my Fantastic Four Omnibus reading marathon.
    That's funny because I just started mine with Lee / Kirby Vol. 1. In all my years i don't know if I've read more than 3 issues worth of the Fantastic Four

Happy Easter y'all.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

In all my years i don't know if I've read more than 3 issues worth of the Fantastic Four.
    If that’s the case, I highly recommend the two John Byrne FF Omnis. Especially the first.

Have those as well. Will definitely be reading those after my 2 volumes of Lee / Kirby. Then I have Waid & Wieringo and Hickman.

I'm gonna be busy.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

VENOM BY DONNY CATES VOL. 1 OHC
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Penciled by RYAN STEGMAN & IBAN COELLO
    Cover by RYAN STEGMAN
    Rising star Donny Cates and blockbuster artist Ryan Stegman transform the world of Venom! An ancient and primordial evil has surfaced beneath the streets of New York. With it, something equally disturbing has been awakened in Venom, that most wicked of web-slingers! The symbiote may still be a lethal protector of innocents in New York, but this never-before-seen threat may force Venom to relinquish everything it holds dear — including its human host, Eddie Brock! Eddie and the symbiote summon the strength to defend New York against the most powerful foe they’ve ever faced, but one more thing stands in their way: Miles Morales, the newest Spider-Man! And relations between Eddie and the symbiote become ever more strained when new questions about the creature and its otherworldly origins come to light! Collecting VENOM (2018) #1-12.
    280 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-91967-2
    Trim size: oversized
    This is the current ongoing series, right?
    Feels like this run is destined for an Omni.

Either Venomnibus vol.3 or this, maybe both. We got both Venomnibus volumes for just the one film.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is the current ongoing series, right?
    Feels like this run is destined for an Omni.

Either Venomnibus vol.3 or this, maybe both. We got both Venomnibus volumes for just the one film.
    Yes, this is the current run.

Though, I don’t have the two Venomnibuses, I would definitely be up for two Venom Flash Thompson Omnibuses. These would include the 42 issue run and the Space Knight 13-issue run along with any key GofG issues and any other important crossovers and/or appearances. Btw, Ariel Olivetti's art in the Space Knight run was absolutely outstanding and deserves the oversized format.

If you mean the book itself it is a good omnibus no issues not to big. If you are talking about story content his F4 run was pretty bad the Future Foundation stuff he did was better, but it was a crappy run.

Yeah I was talking about his stories. That's disappointing to hear.

Yeah I was talking about his stories. That's disappointing to hear.
    I have to second Judge Dredd's comments. I purchased the omnibus because I was on a FF high after reading Hickman's run, plus I really like Bagley & Allred...but man oh man, the story was so boring. I don't even think I finished it.

Is Secret Empire a good read on it's own?

I don't care about the hydra cap backlash, I'm just interested in the story that's collected in the ohc, unless I have to read 80 other tie ins and another 25 issues of Cap leading up to it.

I thought it was so-so. Honestly, those 20-ish issues of Captain America you referenced leading up to the event were better. I was more intrigued by how he got where he did than what he did once Secret Empire started.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Is Secret Empire a good read on it's own?

I don't care about the hydra cap backlash, I'm just interested in the story that's collected in the ohc, unless I have to read 80 other tie ins and another 25 issues of Cap leading up to it.
    I haven't yet read Secret Empire but I recently read Civil War II with the tie-ins and before that Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill. Standoff is kind of the starting point as to when Cap gets "corrupted" by Kobik. Also, the Captain America: Steve Rogers run by Nick Spencer seems kind of crucial as a lead-up to Secret Empire. Saying that, the Secret Empire event may have a decent recap of the events previous to it. Someone else may comment as to whether this is the case.