I was hoping for Spider-Man 2099 Classic by Peter David Omnibus what with Miguel having a part in the Into the Spider-Verse sequel out in October. Who knows, it might happen yet.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New omnibus announcement. Another from the top 50 most wanted.
    And this is why I didn't buy the MMW. This is going to be a huge Omni! Was hoping it would be only 3 or 3.5 MMW combined though.
    Love the cover!

Also, not related to this: Was Incredible Hulk by PAD vol. 4 delayed or always meant for next week?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Also, not related to this: Was Incredible Hulk by PAD vol. 4 delayed or always meant for next week?
    It was actually scheduled for last week, but has been delayed to April 19th.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks. I missed that update in the sea of information these delays have been.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

New omnibus announcement. Another from the top 50 most wanted.

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1
    - collects Spectacular Spider-Man (1976) 1-42 & Annual #1, Amazing Spider-Man (1963) Annual #13 & Fantastic Four (1961) #218 (same contents as MMWs vols. 1-3).

I'll be picking this up. Probably go with the DM Cover even through I prefer the regular cover but I have that on the first MMW.

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    There are two obvious mappings to me:

1. Ignore the Stern Omni and go 43 - 89 and follow up with an Alien Costume Omni (concatenate the two complete collections), which would be really thick.

2. Treat the Stern omni as Omni 1.5, then v2 would be 62-89 (rather thin), followed by Alien Costume

I think ASM and SSM will do the same thing (either both skip Stern or both treat it as an interstitial volume) and then merge up for a post Secret Wars collection
    I reckon they will go with 1. and it'll be a double dip. I believe ASM will go up to Stern's volume and then they'll stick with creator/Title Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    And this is why I didn't buy the MMW. This is going to be a huge Omni! Was hoping it would be only 3 or 3.5 MMW combined though.
    Love the cover!
    I picked up the first two MMWs so not a complete double dip plus I picked up the second MMW at a glitch price when amazon.de had huge discounts a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I know this is good but am i the only hoping it was Peter Park Spectacular Omnibus by Chip Zdarsky lol
    I would pick this up if they also threw in Life Story. That would make it a Zdarsky Spidey Omnibus.

Still waiting for a Superior Spider-Man Omnibus or at least a reprinting of Complete v2… (it’s actually cheaper to get an omnibus than getting cc v2 second hand)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would pick this up if they also threw in Life Story. That would make it a Zdarsky Spidey Omnibus.
    There is also the What If story, Spiders Shadow I believe it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    There is also the What If story, Spiders Shadow I believe it's called.
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Was it any good?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Was it any good?
    I am curious about it, but I haven't actually read it yet. The only Spidey Zdarsky stuff I've read is Life Story, which I thought was really great.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I am curious about it, but I haven't actually read it yet. The only Spidey Zdarsky stuff I've read is Life Story, which I thought was really great.
    Life Story was pretty good as was his Spectacular run that's why having it all in an Omnibus would be pretty great.

Incredible Member

So in terms of Spider-Man Omnibus reading order, where does this Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man Volume 1 sit? After Amazing volume 5?

Mighty Member

More or less. ASM 163 and PPSSM 1 came out the same month. So this starts midway through v5 and will overlap v6. Then we'll all find out how Marvel intends to address the Stern omnibus
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Amazing Member

Is anyone reading the latest Star Wars series? I previously read the SW and Vader series via deluxe hardcovers and Omnis but haven’t kept up since. Bought the recent High Republic TPBs and enjoyed them and also bought all the “War of the Bounty Hunter” trades thinking it was one big crossover but now I see each trade collects issues of various series (SW, Vader, Dr Aphra, Bounty Hunters). Is there a reading order for these and am I okay reading them without the prior issues of each series? I never saw trades or HCs for any of these, did I miss them?

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Went on Tales of Wonder today to preorder Thor by Jason Aaron omnibus which comes out on 3/29. Aaaand it's not there...? What is going on? Where are you guys ordering your books now?