Page 119 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 19691091151161171181191201211221231291692196191119 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here recommend the Oz omnibus? It looks like a book catered towards kids.
    Kids will like it, but I enjoyed reading it a lot. If you're a fan of Scottie Young then jump in. If not then maybe avoid.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

I read it with my kids and I enjoyed it as much as they did. Phenomenal art throughout.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone here recommend the Oz omnibus? It looks like a book catered towards kids.
    It is, but its great for kids. It + muppets make the perfect gateway Omnis.

Incredible Member

Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of bookshelf you are using for all these omnis?

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Hitman View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering what kind of bookshelf you are using for all these omnis?
    I use the Billy bookshelves from Ikea, though I have read from others the shelves may warp over time due to the weight of books put on them. Others use the Expedits from Ikea. IMO they are not as cool because they are not made for putting glass over the fronts, but they are very sturdy.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    It is, but its great for kids. It + muppets make the perfect gateway Omnis.
    Yeah? I looked at the Muppets omnibus but wasn't sure how their humor would translate to the printed page. Would you recommend it? I got the Oz omnibus for my older daughter last year and she loved it. My youngest is turning 5 soon and the Muppets omnibus might be a good gift, if it's appropriate for a kid that age. Anyone who's read it have any thoughts?

Amazing Member

I'm debating on it myself, but only due to limited money. As far as content, it's Roger Langridge, who wrote Thor: the Mighty Avenger and the current Popeye comics. There are few creators I'd trust more with a all-ages title than him.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzster View Post
    I use the Billy bookshelves from Ikea, though I have read from others the shelves may warp over time due to the weight of books put on them. Others use the Expedits from Ikea. IMO they are not as cool because they are not made for putting glass over the fronts, but they are very sturdy.
    Do you place the omnis vertically or horizontally? If vertically, how do you prevent wear from the pages pulling down on the stitching over time?

Do you place the omnis vertically or horizontally? If vertically, how do you prevent wear from the pages pulling down on the stitching over time?
    Most are vertical. The only ones I store horizontal are larger sized ones like X-Statix, ASM v1, and a couple FF ones off the top of my head. I actually haven't examined mine for page sagging, but I have seen others on his board say they put post-it notes under the pages of the vertical ones to prevent sagging.

Amazing Member

Regarding shelves I have the kallax from ikea, the 1.8 x 1.8m, fantastic for omnibuses but now I need a new one, as just ran outta room

Quote Originally Posted by jadekite22 View Post
    I'm debating on it myself, but only due to limited money. As far as content, it's Roger Langridge, who wrote Thor: the Mighty Avenger and the current Popeye comics. There are few creators I'd trust more with a all-ages title than him.
    He nails the Muppet vibe. I think anywhere between 6-12? Adults will enjoy it too if they were into the original Muppet Show.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    He nails the Muppet vibe. I think anywhere between 6-12? Adults will enjoy it too if they were into the original Muppet Show.
    Great to hear! Thanks for the recommendation.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I use a LEKSVIK bookcase from IKEA. It's an open shelf made of hardwearing, solid wood with gently curved sides. It also has tall edges at the rear of the shelves so the books don't touch the wall at the back. The bookcase also matches my LEKSVIK CD towers.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Did anyone get the OHC of Amazing Spider-Man vol 1 that has just been released? How is it ?
    Content-wise it's pretty on-par with the other Slott penned stuff, which IMO is really good. The build is consistent with all of the other Marvel Now OHC releases, which is thinner paper than before unfortunately, but I bought it anyway. Along with the issues ASM #1-6, #1.1-1.5, & ASM Annual #1, as well as some cool sketches and Alternate Cover Gallery. Ultimately it's worth picking up since Slott's run seems to be building up to be one of the all-time greatest ASM runs ever.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

The inevitable Miracleman omni better be uncensored.or at least have both versions. No kid is gonna walk inna comic store and pay $150 (my guess for cover price) for an adult HC. Maybe the DM edition could feature the uncensored edition ?