Page 727 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 2276276777177237247257267277287297307317377778271227 ... LastLast
Results 10,891 to 10,905 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Glad to see Hickman's Avengers Omnibus Vol. 2, but I'm just wondering when we're going to get a Secret Wars Omnibus.
    I want a Secret Wars box set, liek the ones they have done for Civil War and ... one other series.

I'll be getting:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Saga Omnibus
    X-Men: Revolution By Chris Claremont Omnibus

Also does anyone have a link to the google dock that shows the marvel universe timeline in relation to the omnibus / OHC collections?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The new Omnibus/TPB´s from Marvel look quite cool.

The ones i am getting for sure:

Spider-Man: Kraven's Last Hunt - Deluxe Edition .I already have the Kraven Last Hunt TPB´s but this is a essential buy to me.This story being in a hardcover and including Soul of the Hunter among other comic books,makes it a must buy to me.
    Avengers: No Surrender I was thinking in getting this in single issues.But i will rather just wait and get this TPB instead.
    Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme Omnibus Vol. 2. This and volume 1 will be in wish list.
    Avengers By Jonathan Hickman Omnibus Vol. 2 Same as above.
    Venomnibus Vol. 1

And i am intrigued about :

Wolfpack: The Complete Collection (I like Larry Hama stories but i have never read any story of Wolfpack.Does anybody here read it?
    Champions Classic: The Complete Collection

Disapointed to not see Doctor Strange Omnibus volume 2 and a New Mutants Omnibus.
    Anyways there are plenty of new Marvel Collected editions that i am looking forward to buy.
    Rough times in the upcoming months for my wallet.
    I was also hoping for a Doctor Strange Omnibus 2. Surprised Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme 2 is coming first. Maybe they are waiting for the next movie. Marvel seems light on older material omnibus' at the moment.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Together with all the other X Family Omnis this is a real pleasant surprise. Super excited to close another gap of my collection. It should bring us closer to a complete UXM collection.
    I am looking forward to the Revolution Omnibus , but I hope the content is revised a little - it's missing the Epilogue issues and for the sake of 6 issues, they might as well include Eve of Destruction to run up to Morrison's New X-Men Omnibus!

https://www.facebook.com/TheM6P/post...346727764541:0

This quarter's Marvelous Box is guaranteed to have a Marvel Epic Collection in each box!

Quote Originally Posted by WTHIOTina View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/TheM6P/post...346727764541:0

This quarter's Marvelous Box is guaranteed to have a Marvel Epic Collection in each box!
    I already have Fall From Grace.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I already have Fall From Grace.
    They don't specify which Epic Collection you'll get. Can probably email them and say which one you had and then subscribe.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

And another completely disappointing set of solicits. Nothing I want aside from Hickman Vol 2. I'm very annoyed that not one but two X-Men omnibus slots are wasted on a glorified reprint and Claremont's worst published work. We could have been getting New Mutants and an Inferno reprint, but instead we get this.
    Cyclops was right

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    And another completely disappointing set of solicits. Nothing I want aside from Hickman Vol 2. I'm very annoyed that not one but two X-Men omnibus slots are wasted on a glorified reprint and Claremont's worst published work. We could have been getting New Mutants and an Inferno reprint, but instead we get this.
    Yeah, I would have rather had a New Mutants omni instead. That being said, I'm glad there's not much coming out this month because I spent almost all of my spending money on comics over the last three months. Plus, there's some things coming out in January that I'm going to want to get, so it's nice to have nothing big coming out this month.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Just a quick question regarding the recent hachette findings: Do you think those are complete? Despite the - in my opinion - very interesting announcements I am still missing three Epic lines: the next X-Men Epic Volume, the next X-Factor and for me most importantly X-Force.

The upcoming Cable/X-Force Onslaught Volume will close the gap between the orphaned Cable / X-Force Classic Volume 1 and Onslaught but I was really hoping for the next Epic to collect the issues between Onslaught and Zero Tolerance or to give us some of the SF era.

X-Force is the book which brought me into collecting everything X and still has a special place in my collection, some of the characters will always be my favourites, especially Siryn. I also read in a quality article from CBR (yes before those good/bad clickbait started to take over) that these roadtrip issues have been regarded very well by X book fans.

Maybe I am just too anxious here, but has there been an Epic Line which has been abandoned as of now? I guess the first Volume did not sell well with the Omnibus out at a highly discounted price plus the Spider-Man/ X-Force crossover has been collected over and over and over again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Just a quick question regarding the recent hachette findings: Do you think those are complete? Despite the - in my opinion - very interesting announcements I am still missing three Epic lines: the next X-Men Epic Volume, the next X-Factor and for me most importantly X-Force.

The upcoming Cable/X-Force Onslaught Volume will close the gap between the orphaned Cable / X-Force Classic Volume 1 and Onslaught but I was really hoping for the next Epic to collect the issues between Onslaught and Zero Tolerance or to give us some of the SF era.

X-Force is the book which brought me into collecting everything X and still has a special place in my collection, some of the characters will always be my favourites, especially Siryn. I also read in a quality article from CBR (yes before those good/bad clickbait started to take over) that these roadtrip issues have been regarded very well by X book fans.

Maybe I am just too anxious here, but has there been an Epic Line which has been abandoned as of now? I guess the first Volume did not sell well with the Omnibus out at a highly discounted price plus the Spider-Man/ X-Force crossover has been collected over and over and over again.
    I'm sure another volume will solicited eventually. While stuff like Spider-Man definitely gets at least one Epic a year not every title does, annoying as that is. I do believe Marvel is going to complete every Epic line eventually it is just going to take them a very long time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I want a Secret Wars box set, liek the ones they have done for Civil War and ... one other series.
    Secret Wars?

I would buy a Secret Wars Omnibus, although I'm not sure how they would divide up the tie-ins. And would any Last Days books make it in? There is a lot of material between Battleworld and Warzones, and most of it really isn't relevant to the main books. Then the big problem is that even when they *are* relevant to the main book, for some reason some of the events and timelines are completely different between the spin-offs and the main book.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I would buy a Secret Wars Omnibus, although I'm not sure how they would divide up the tie-ins. And would any Last Days books make it in? There is a lot of material between Battleworld and Warzones, and most of it really isn't relevant to the main books. Then the big problem is that even when they *are* relevant to the main book, for some reason some of the events and timelines are completely different between the spin-offs and the main book.
    I'd like this too, as I only read the main series. Omnibus Collector did an interesting Wish List breakdown:
    http://theomnibuscollector.com/post/...cret-wars-ohcs

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Generally speaking, you could make an omni with the main series and most series labelled "Battleworld". Almost anything labeled "Warzones" is kept isolated, with little impact on anything else.

What would I include in a Secret Wars omnibus?

Definite:
    -Secret Wars 0-9
    -Secret Wars: Battleworld 1-4
    -Secret Wars Journal 1-5
    -Thors 1-4
    -Siege 1-4

Battleworld and Journal are the two main anthology titles. Just miscellaneous short stories. Thors and Siege are directly plot relevant for the main series. You could either put them both between issues 6 and 7, or at the end (with something that says "this takes place between issues 6 and 7). That's 27 issues, which isn't bad.

If you wanted to split it into multiple volumes, you could also consider a few other series, like (in descending order of importance):
    -Inhumans: Attilan Rising 1-5 (a story of rebellion in Doom's realm; also establishes that Doom can essentially "reset" the world in the domains)
    -Star-Lord and Kitty Pryde 1-3 (follows Star-Lord after the events of SW 4)
    -Age of Ultron vs. Marvel Zombies 1-4 (not plot relevant, but establishes that people are trying to survive away from Doom's rule)
    -Red Skull 1-3 (same as above)
    -Runaways 1-4 (a peek behind the world of Doom)
    -Secret Love one-shot (more short stories)

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Secret Wars is probably the one and only time I'd champion one of those box sets over an omni or three.

It'd be far too disjointed to read in one big collection, so having a few thematically linked PHC in a nice box seems the best way to go to get it all
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God