Page 753 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2536537037437497507517527537547557567577638038531253 ... LastLast
Results 11,281 to 11,295 of 20773
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Oh dear, that is hideous. They are really doing their all to get me not to buy this book.
    I totally believe Krisis is gonna pass on a gap filling X omni.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I totally believe Krisis is gonna pass on a gap filling X omni.
    Nah, that's not gonna happen. He'll probably create his own dust jacket

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Oh dear, that is hideous. They are really doing their all to get me not to buy this book.
    Personally, I've found Art Adams work to be hideous for years, and definitely not a good fit for this era of X-Men. They should've gone with something from Leinel Yu.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I don't even know what's gonna be in this X-men omnibus but I like Adams' work and I like this cover. I can see why some people don't fancy it as much, same as with Ramos' or Bachallo's stuff.

Amazing Member

It's not Adams' best art, and the "boob sock" top on Rogue and Phoenix always looks silly. The hyper-muscular look sported by Cable and Beast here always turned me off as well. I do like the X'es hidden in the rubble on the ground, though.

Spectacular Member

I never thought I'd see Thunderbird III on the cover of an Omnibus! Lol

Astonishing Member

I'm sure you'll find the strength to buy it despite the cover.

I'm an Art Adams fan, but this cover doesn't work. Compare this cover to his cover for Classic X-Men #1 and the difference is startling.

http://wednesdaysheroes.com/top-10-a...-adams-covers/

I agree w Rincewind. I love Art Adams and all his work w the X-men including the X-Men Blue covers he is doing now. This, however, is not his best work. Compared to the XM Classic Omni, it looks rushed. This was a weird era for the X-Men and there is no way I'm NOT buying this Omnibus and diving into the pre Morrison/X-Corps days!

Incredible Member

Is anyone getting the Brian Bendis Iron Man OHC next week? I haven't read it but love his writing on USM and Daredevil. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Is anyone getting the Brian Bendis Iron Man OHC next week? I haven't read it but love his writing on USM and Daredevil. Thoughts?
    I really enjoyed his Iron Man runs, particularly Infamous Iron Man. These stories weren't on the level of USM or Daredevil but they're pretty good and certainly not as bad as his Moon Knight or his X-Men runs.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I'm sure you'll find the strength to buy it despite the cover.

I'm an Art Adams fan, but this cover doesn't work. Compare this cover to his cover for Classic X-Men #1 and the difference is startling.

http://wednesdaysheroes.com/top-10-a...-adams-covers/
    You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

- This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    Last edited by krisis; 02-01-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanDaza View Post
    I agree w Rincewind. I love Art Adams and all his work w the X-men including the X-Men Blue covers he is doing now. This, however, is not his best work. Compared to the XM Classic Omni, it looks rushed. This was a weird era for the X-Men and there is no way I'm NOT buying this Omnibus and diving into the pre Morrison/X-Corps days!
    Does he do his own inking? That can have a real impact on the penciler's perceived quality of work.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I really enjoyed his Iron Man runs, particularly Infamous Iron Man. These stories weren't on the level of USM or Daredevil but they're pretty good and certainly not as bad as his Moon Knight or his X-Men runs.
    I enjoyed his Moon Knight, there are dozens of us!

Spectacular Member

You all joke, but I am pretty annoyed about nearly everything about this omnibus:

- This material getting an omnibus when there is no omnibus touching it on either side
    - This material getting an omnibus while Kelly/Seagle is coming out in trades
    - That we're supposed to pretend that Marvel will release the trash odds-and-ends OHC that gets us from here to New X-Men
    - The omnibus skipping Dark Seduction, which is Revolution-branded
    - That a certain collections editor randomly decided that X-Men Forever fits differently into the reading order than it does before
    - The fugly cover

I own all of these issues already and would merrily bind them myself in the order I think is right.

If Marvel truly plans to go all-in on a completely continuous OHC run of post-Onslaught X-Men and expect us to believe them I think it's time they took the Shang-Chi approach to communicate their planned map and schedule ahead of time. Otherwise, my confidence level is not high.
    I agree - the existing content does not seem to be getting much love, whereas a more comprehensive volume which leads all the way up to New X-Men would clearly be more appealing. My other worry is that if this doesn't sell well, it hurts the chances of the "odds and ends" book (which has some of the better material in) actually ever coming out!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    I enjoyed his Moon Knight, there are dozens of us!
    Ha ha. Fair enough. I expected a lot more from the Daredevil team. I liked that Bendis took some chances with his MK and tried something different but it wasn't for me. I also didn't like Lemire's run, either. (I liked the stuff in between with Ellis and Wood.)