Page 904 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 4048048548949009019029039049059069079089149541004 ... LastLast
Results 13,546 to 13,560 of 20730

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Nice to see some of my old favs still here! (Alas, poor Merrick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.)

As to where I've been, long story short:
    (a) I don't really want to give CBR any more of my intellectual property in the form of forum posts because I think they are bad juju, so...
    (b) now I'm a member in two other awesome communities run by people I respect, The Omnibus Collector's™ Comic Swap and Community on FB for all of my collecting nerdery and the Jay & Miles X-Plain The X-Men discord for X-stuff, and also
    (c) I've read more than 6000 issues in the past 24 months while
    (d) launching 20+ new guides on Crushing Krisis and
    (e) moving my family and my entire collection to Wellington, New Zealand!
    (f) (oh, and having a 80+ episode YouTube show of me unpacking my omnibuses!)

Happy to know this thread is still trucking along and I haven't been entirely forgotten. I'll try to poke my head in occasionally, as I miss all of you OGs.

Oh, and I guess I shouldn't leave without some Marvel recommendations? Definitely pick up the Doctor Strange by Donny Cates OHC coming in a few months, because Damnation was awesome. Don't sleep on Nighthawk if you like social commentary from an ultra-violent Batman (you don't need to have read Squadron Supreme to appreciate it). And, New Mutants - Dead Souls was my favorite Marvel book of 2018... second only to PUNISHER.

Bet you never expected to hear that sentence from me
    More youtube vids!!!

Amazing Member

Hey all . . . Been awhile since I’ve been around. I’m thinking of getting back into collecting Hardcovers and Omnibuses again but I am curious what the resell market has been for the last year or so. Part of what I enjoyed about the comics was being able to flip some to fund my next purchase and to purge my collection of books I no longer want. Does anyone have any insight on how those things have been? I’m not looking to get rich selling comics but its nice to know if you give an expensive book a chance and its not your cup of tea that you can unload it for close to what you paid for it and occasionally make a buck. I used to buy from IST with release day discounts for most of my purchases.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    Hey all . . . Been awhile since I’ve been around. I’m thinking of getting back into collecting Hardcovers and Omnibuses again but I am curious what the resell market has been for the last year or so. Part of what I enjoyed about the comics was being able to flip some to fund my next purchase and to purge my collection of books I no longer want. Does anyone have any insight on how those things have been? I’m not looking to get rich selling comics but its nice to know if you give an expensive book a chance and its not your cup of tea that you can unload it for close to what you paid for it and occasionally make a buck. I used to buy from IST with release day discounts for most of my purchases.
    It depends on the book, Avengers by Hickman Volume 1 is selling above MSRP already and it just came out a year and a half ago, but Iron Man by Busiek and Chen is 5 years old and I see it below MSRP often.

Anyone buy the X-men Legacy Omni by Spurrier? How is it?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Anyone buy the X-men Legacy Omni by Spurrier? How is it?
    It's a very singular, self-contained X-book that assumes some pre-knowledge of X-Men in general and Legion in specific, but not any directly contextual knowledge of adjacent stories (since the one big beat that kicks it off from AvX is shown in the book itself). It's also quite kooky, wry, psychedelic, and British. Spurrier is a very unusual writer, and if you've never read him before I'd check out an issue before diving in with both feet.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Spectacular Member

I’ve kinda stalled a few issues in. Legion is like Crazy Jane from Doom Patrol. I like Doom Patrol.

Spectacular Member

It was good, but dragged on a bit. I think it would have been better as a 12-18 issue series.

Amazing Member

I guess the Miles Morales omnibus is out of print already? The cheapest copy on Amazon is $259.
    Probably a good thing since I didn't really need it as I already have everything in it...

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    It's a very singular, self-contained X-book that assumes some pre-knowledge of X-Men in general and Legion in specific, but not any directly contextual knowledge of adjacent stories (since the one big beat that kicks it off from AvX is shown in the book itself). It's also quite kooky, wry, psychedelic, and British. Spurrier is a very unusual writer, and if you've never read him before I'd check out an issue before diving in with both feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I’ve kinda stalled a few issues in. Legion is like Crazy Jane from Doom Patrol. I like Doom Patrol.
    Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    It was good, but dragged on a bit. I think it would have been better as a 12-18 issue series.
    Sorry I should've asked how is the omni? Decent size? Any extra bits included in the reading? Or should I get the small trades?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joltman View Post
    I guess the Miles Morales omnibus is out of print already? The cheapest copy on Amazon is $259.
    Probably a good thing since I didn't really need it as I already have everything in it...
    This may be due to the fact that the Miles run was never released in OHC as was the case with the Ultimate Peter run and we can also factor in the success of the Spider-Verse movie which was a Miles starring vehicle.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This may be due to the fact that the Miles run was never released in OHC as was the case with the Ultimate Peter run and we can also factor in the success of the Spider-Verse movie which was a Miles starring vehicle.
    The movie has been out less than a month. I doubt that had much to do with any sales figures.

I'm surprised it has sold well considering the known binding issues that seem to plague the majority of copies. It seems people love their omnis and that Marvel will sell regardless of the quality.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    The movie has been out less than a month. I doubt that had much to do with any sales figures.

I'm surprised it has sold well considering the known binding issues that seem to plague the majority of copies. It seems people love their omnis and that Marvel will sell regardless of the quality.
    Or it's out of stock because so many people returned their copies with bad bindings for replacements and all of the bad bindings are in a recycler.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:26 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    This might be a silly question, as I'm not up on the newest comics, but do people reckon the relaunched Uncanny X-Men will be a series that continues? Is it like a Batman or Ms. Marvel, where I can just dip in once a year and pick up the hardcover? Or does it have an impending end?
    The first 10 issues will be collected in paperback as Uncanny X-Men: X-Men Disassembled, while the second arc will be collected in the Uncanny X-Men: Cyclops and Wolverine TPB. No hardcover listed so far (it's too soon for that anyway), and the fact that these aren't numbered volumes makes me wonder if the book will be relaunched yet again once the Age of X-Man crossover is done.