Page 774 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 2746747247647707717727737747757767777787848248741274 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    The Iron Man 2020 should just be a reprinting of the collection that came out a few years ago. Warlock and Cloak and Dagger look like they are for uncollected material.
    Also interesting that they'd re-release Armor Wars again. it's 100% included in the Stark Wars trade already. I suppose there's a market for Epics, and there's also a market for customers who don't want "everything" but just specific storylines. To each their own.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Fantastic Member

Maybe out of place but there is a ridiculous sale on MARVEL digital collections at COMIXOLOGY.

Well over a hundred collections (including some epics and masterworks) for only 99 cents each. No s**t.
    If (like me) you subscribe to COMIXOLOGY unlimited they are only 84 cents each.

I am a collected edition addict, and own thousands of Tpb's, hardcovers and Omni’s, but this is too good to pass up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rimmer View Post
    A few more items showing up on Hatchette's site:

Daredevil By Smith & Quesada: Guardian Devil TPB - COLLECTING: DAREDEVIL (1998) 1-8, 1/2 - release date 9/25/18
    Iron Man: Armor Wars TPB - COLLECTING: IRON MAN 225-232 - release date 9/25/18
    Black Panther By Priest & Texeira: The Client - COLLECTING: BLACK PANTHER (1998) 1-5 - release date 9/18/18
    Iron Man 2020 TPB - COLLECTING: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL (1964) 20, MACHINE MAN (1984) 1-4, DEATH'S HEAD 10, IRON MAN 2020 1, ASTONISHING TALES: IRON MAN 2020 (DIGITAL) 1-6, MATERIAL FROM WHAT IF? (1989) 53 - release date 9/18/18
    Warlock: Second Coming TPB - COLLECTING: WARLOCK (2004) 1-4 - release date 9/18/18
    Cloak And Dagger: Predator And Prey TPB - COLLECTING: STRANGE TALES (1987) 3-6 (A STORIES), 7, 8-19 (A STORIES); MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: CLOAK AND DAGGER - PREDATOR AND PREY; CLOAK AND DAGGER/ POWER PACK: SHELTER FROM THE STORM; MUTANT MISADVENTURES OF CLOAK AND DAGGER 1-4 - release date 9/4/18

A few of these look like BIG Epic-sized trades (IM 2020 and Cloak and Dagger specifically).
    Planet of the Symbiotes MATERIAL FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, VENOM SUPER SPECIAL, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL, WEB OF SPIDER-MAN SUPER SPECIAL - release date 9/18/18

I think this has only been included in the Complete Clone Saga. The original issues had a main storyline by David Michelinie and a backup story featuring the Lizard. Based on the description, it sounds like the backup story is not included.

Spectacular Member

Omnibus will eventually get reprinted right?
    I have:
    Jim Lee's X-men vol 1 (have this and Lee's own series as floppies but loved his run in Aussie)
    Byrne's FF vol 1 (started the floppies at vol 2)
    Hickman's FF vol 1
    Would kinda be interested in picking up the 2nd volumes, but they aren't priced like current releases and there's a few other books I'd like to pick up. Namely Alpha flight and maybe Busiek's Avengers (I have Forever and think that is great!). And eventually Hickman's Avengers since I love his Image works. Jason's Punisher too. Along with many half completed trades of other stories...

Just trying to decide where to start again. Picked up Legacy and Loki recently and trying to get through that first.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Hoping that 2019 sees the Daredevil by Bendis reprints and maybe a Silver Age DD vol.2
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Mighty Member

Hadnt seen the numbers posted yet...

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

Seems like a poor month overall for collected editions. None of the omnis over a 1000 units. Shadowland less than 750. Ouch. Thought it would be higher as it plugs a nice gap

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Hadnt seen the numbers posted yet...

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...8/2018-02.html

Seems like a poor month overall for collected editions. None of the omnis over a 1000 units. Shadowland less than 750. Ouch. Thought it would be higher as it plugs a nice gap
    On a side note, I'm surprised at how well Terrifics and Kick Ass did.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post
    I have:
    Jim Lee's X-men vol 1 (have this and Lee's own series as floppies but loved his run in Aussie)
    Hickman's FF vol 1
    Would kinda be interested in picking up the 2nd volumes, but they aren't priced like current releases and there's a few other books I'd like to pick up. Namely Alpha flight and maybe Busiek's Avengers (I have Forever and think that is great!). And eventually Hickman's Avengers since I love his Image works. Jason's Punisher too. Along with many half completed trades of other stories...

Just trying to decide where to start again. Picked up Legacy and Loki recently and trying to get through that first.
    Marvel aren't like DC, they don't keep things in print. Those 3 are probably all good candidates for another print, but I wouldn't bank on it from Marvel - there aren't many reprints per year and those that do come often have a catalyst (e.g. Netflix hype = Alias, Brubaker's Daredevil & Ennis' Punisher reprints).

Look on the Marvel Omnibus page on Wikipedia and look at how many Omnibuses there are against the few reprints we've actually gotten (not sure it's completely accurate, but doubt it's far off) - personally, I wouldn't wait for reprints.

Incidentally, I'd like a Hickman FF vol.1 Omnibus reprint too, lol.

All-New Member

Shadowland was not a gap I felt like I should fill.

Quote Originally Posted by koonfasa View Post

Byrne's vol. 2 is still available and my LCS might even have one. If you're in the US, he will ship it. I can check today if you're interested.

I suspect at some point it will get a reprint, since Marvel is reprinting volume 1 this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Marvel aren't like DC, they don't keep things in print. Those 3 are probably all good candidates for another print, but I wouldn't bank on it from Marvel - there aren't many reprints per year and those that do come often have a catalyst (e.g. Netflix hype = Alias, Brubaker's Daredevil & Ennis' Punisher reprints).

Look on the Marvel Omnibus page on Wikipedia and look at how many Omnibuses there are against the few reprints we've actually gotten (not sure it's completely accurate, but doubt it's far off) - personally, I wouldn't wait for reprints.

Incidentally, I'd like a Hickman FF vol.1 Omnibus reprint too, lol.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate and say that Marvel does keep quite a few things in print although sometimes it takes awhile. I looked at the wiki page and - admittedly, I did it very, very quickly - made notations of what's been reprinted.

I went back only four years, since many of those books are still available or they were sold at deep discounts. So, I saw roughly 49 books that haven't been re-issued that were published more than four years ago, but that includes some real turds, like Atlantis Attacks, the Crossing and Marvel Now.

I saw some 21 books that were reprinted.

That's close to 2-1.

Granted, I think Marvel could do a better job but I don't know the costs. You'd think that a lot of the classics would be readily available, like ASM, X-Men, Avengers and FF (although ASM and FF have gone through a number of reprints).

Incredible Member

I have only been buying omnibus' now for a few years and I have already seen omnibus' that I missed come back out. Simonson Thor, Byrne Fantastic Four 1 coming soon, Brubaker Daredevil. Some are doubtful. If you are hoping for something like Tomb of Dracula, you likey will never see those reissued since they started reissuing those in trade paperback and I understand they werent great sellers in the first place.
    Really, you should buy what you want while they are available especially the more oddball stuff you want. Even if things are reissued, you could wait years.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I have only been buying omnibus' now for a few years and I have already seen omnibus' that I missed come back out. Simonson Thor, Byrne Fantastic Four 1 coming soon, Brubaker Daredevil. Some are doubtful. If you are hoping for something like Tomb of Dracula, you likey will never see those reissued since they started reissuing those in trade paperback and I understand they werent great sellers in the first place.
    Really, you should buy what you want while they are available especially the more oddball stuff you want. Even if things are reissued, you could wait years.
    Also, Alias, Punisher by Ennis and Howard the Duck. Marvel has reissued a lot of whales in the past few years, but you're right - if you can, buy as soon as you can.

Incredible Member

Yeah. some of my whales have come back or will be back soon like the punisher ones. Simonsons Thor was my big one although I am pretty excited for Byrnes Fantastic Four 1.
    I picked up all the kung fu omnibus'. Likely deadly hands of kung fu will never get a reissue. I put those 2 in the slightly oddball category that you should pick up now while they are available if you want them.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The Omni whales I'm waiting on are likely on many lists:
    Daredevil by Bendis vol.1 (I have v.2 but would rebut it as my used copy isn't as nice as I'd like).
    Captain Britain
    Death of Captain America by Brubaker

I get these 3or4 and I'll have my backlog wish list taken care of.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Speaking of books being reprinted, typically Marvel doesn't reprint random stuff just for the helluvit.

I'm looking at the Iron Man "armor wars" and "2020" trades in particular. Why are they reprinting these? My guess is that Slott's upcoming IM run must touch on both of these storylines somehow, and Marvel decided "let's get these out there again so if person like's Slott's stories, they can find the original stories." Just my two cents.

I mean, they reprinted/are reprinting the original Sentry book, and when it was first solicited I instantly thought, "okay, they're Bringing the Sentry back after XYZ years" and now he's getting an ongoing soon, I believe.

Just my two cents on the Iron Man stuff...
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.