Man, I miss some solid TPB news. We haven't had news of Epics or Complete collections in ages...

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    I also want the Joe Casey short run that finished up the Hulk title. I've got the PAD run in Visionary and Epic format. I'll just close out the run with the last Epic collections.
    Yeah, if not for the Epics, I doubt that Casey run would see print any time soon. For that matter, it still might be years before they get to it, but I have faith it'll happen.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hive View Post
    Man, I miss some solid TPB news. We haven't had news of Epics or Complete collections in ages...
    Would you want me to make up some news and try to force Marvel's hand into making the collections I say are coming? If so, Iron Man v12 and ASM v16 are coming in January!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Does anyone own any of the X-Men Milestones?

So here is my situation...I am reading through the X-Men/Avengers Onslaught Complete Collections, and there seems to be a lot of filler. And for the most part, the filler is pretty bad.

I was hoping to condense to the X-Men Milestones Onslaught trade, but for some dumb reason, it apparently does not collect X-Men Unlimited # 11.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm if they have the book?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Would you want me to make up some news and try to force Marvel's hand into making the collections I say are coming? If so, Iron Man v12 and ASM v16 are coming in January!
    No, I'd like some actually, genuine news.

I think it's great for omnibus collectors that Marvel is churning out books like clockwork these days - I just hope they remember that there are TPB collectors out there as well.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

You and me both, I just want to finish the Claremont run with Epic Collections; come on Marvel release these for us who cannot find the omnis

Does anyone knows where to find a descent priced Shadowland omnibus?

Mighty Member

No, I'd like some actually, genuine news.

I think it's great for omnibus collectors that Marvel is churning out books like clockwork these days - I just hope they remember that there are TPB collectors out there as well.
    That's fair. It's not surprising that Marvel is giving more pub to their high priced items (give people time to prepare), but I'd love seeing Epics get a bit of fanfare, too. Also, there are two glaring holes in my shelf (see previous post) that I'd love to see filled with the alacrity Marvel has for omnis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's fair. It's not surprising that Marvel is giving more pub to their high priced items (give people time to prepare), but I'd love seeing Epics get a bit of fanfare, too. Also, there are two glaring holes in my shelf (see previous post) that I'd love to see filled with the alacrity Marvel has for omnis
    They tend to announce the Epic collections in larger groups. Near Mint Condition has videos where 10 or 11 are announced at once.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    They tend to announce the Epic collections in larger groups. Near Mint Condition has videos where 10 or 11 are announced at once.
    Yeah. I'd like to see them do like they've been doing recently with omnibus announcements where they announce reprints along with new titles in the same line, e.g. Iron Man v12 (new) getting announced at the same time as a reprint of Doom (v15). It's a specific catering to the obsessives, sure, but it helps latecomers decide what to do, too

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The contents of the upcoming PAD Omnibus:

The Incredible Hulk by Peter David Omnibus Vol. 4
    (January 2022) - collects Incredible Hulk (1968) #436-467, -1 & Annual '97, Savage Hulk (1996) #1, Cutting Edge (1995) #1, Cable (1993) #34, Onslaught: Marvel Universe (1996) #1, Incredible Hulk: Hercules Unleashed (1966) #1, Heroes Reborn: The Return (1997) #1-4.

Mighty Member

I assume they'd wait a bit - will there be another Maestro miniseries? - but it seems like there's just about the right amount of material for a volume 5 (or call it a Companion) with PAD's post-2000 material.

So is the Wolverine Volume 1 Omnibus getting another printing this year?

I just pre-ordered from Organic Priced Books for an end of August ship date. However, I do not see this listed anywhere else (IST, CGN, Amazon, etc.).

Completely forgot the Annihilation Conquest reprint dropped today. Was able to get the DM version and check on IST within 2 minutes even though I think the Standard edition cover is one of the all time great comic covers. My wife is absolutely gonna kill me when the package arrives but I have wanted the DNA Nova material in oversized format since I started collecting Omni's so it's all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So is the Wolverine Volume 1 Omnibus getting another printing this year?

I just pre-ordered from Organic Priced Books for an end of August ship date. However, I do not see this listed anywhere else (IST, CGN, Amazon, etc.).
    I actually did the same thing last night and was curious as I hadn't heard about a new printing. Don't know if this is just a restock or whatever but I am very happy I will finally own this Omnibus.