Page 596 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 964965465865925935945955965975985996006066466961096 ... LastLast
Results 8,926 to 8,940 of 20742
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Ramos is great. A good fit for Spidey, and i thought he was killing it on Champions.
    Yep. I liked his art on Slott's Spidey and he's doing a good job on Champions
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    I think Ramos is so awful. Probably my least favorite regular artist in the Big 2. I'll take Greg Land over him any day, and I'm no Greg Land fan.
    There are many artists I don't enjoy, but of all of Marvel's regular stable there is no one who will doom a book to the bottom of my stack like Ramos. I can appreciate the cartoony, deconstructed style when it's done with care and intent. There were points he used it to make interesting commentary in Superior Spider-man. A lot of the time he's just drawing a bunch of misshapen nonsense, though.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Hey all! Does anyone know what this is? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162496134496 As far as I'm aware, a Brian Reed Ms.Marvel omnibus has never been made but here this is? I even did a quick doublecheck on the italian panini omnibus versions to see if it was one of those, but I couldn't see a listing for that either, and the photos for the book interiors show the language to be english, which afaik is not the case for the italian editions. It could be a knock off copy, but it looks a bit too good for that, and the seller's feedback looks up to scratch as well. Any help?
    http://i.imgur.com/DLYnlTM.png

The Legend of Heroes: Tales of the World: OOC | IC | Wikia

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pachamac View Post
    Hey all! Does anyone know what this is? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162496134496 As far as I'm aware, a Brian Reed Ms.Marvel omnibus has never been made but here this is? I even did a quick doublecheck on the italian panini omnibus versions to see if it was one of those, but I couldn't see a listing for that either, and the photos for the book interiors show the language to be english, which afaik is not the case for the italian editions. It could be a knock off copy, but it looks a bit too good for that, and the seller's feedback looks up to scratch as well. Any help?
    Looks like a custom. But oversized trim? It does look very tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    There are many artists I don't enjoy, but of all of Marvel's regular stable there is no one who will doom a book to the bottom of my stack like Ramos. I can appreciate the cartoony, deconstructed style when it's done with care and intent. There were points he used it to make interesting commentary in Superior Spider-man. A lot of the time he's just drawing a bunch of misshapen nonsense, though.
    Completely agree. Also, to me, Bachalo is also just as bad. When I was reading the Wolverine/X-Men omnibus there were panels that I knew Wolverine or any other character was in but couldn't actually tell without really looking hard at the picture. If I hadn't known it and someone asked me: what's this a picture of . . . . I would not have been able to tell them.

Fantastic Member

Please send your votes to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com

By creating a separate email account it allows for more inclusion, for those who lurk, and for those who can reach out to others whom have comic based podcasts or websites, comic shops, or even other friends who want to partake. I am striving to maintain a minimum of 150+ voters but honestly would love to catalpult the number of participants to the next level. The more votes we get, the better our sample---heck if we get enough votes to merit it, I would be willing to do a Top 100.

Just rank your ten choices from number 1--(your most wanted) through number 10 and then send them to me in an email.

Your 1st place vote is worth 10 points, 2nd place gets 9 points.... and your 10th place vote is worth 1 point.

1. 10 points
    2. 9 points
    3. 8 points
    4. 7 points
    5. 6 points
    6. 5 points
    7. 4 points
    8. 3 points
    9. 2 points
    10. 1 point

Please bump the thread once you have voted, so the link stays on the front page.

Please be as specific as possible in your choices... If you want a Black Panther Omnibus make sure you make it clear that you mean either Kirby's, Priest's, or Hudlin's run, or maybe you meant Jungle Action. Be as detailed as you can in your votes unless you feel it is self explanatory. Dont say Peter David's Hulk, the man wrote it for nearly two decades. Please break it down by issue numbers and/or long running artist if applicable. Any book that was previously licensed by Marvel is eligible for voting as are defunct lines (Epic) and purchased properties (Crossgen, etc.)

Most importantly, this is a SECRET ballot, do not post your complete list on the thread as it does take the fun out of it a bit. If you would like to nominate something that did not make the TOP 50 last year so it jogs people's memories, I will allow for that.

Ten of the omnibus from last years poll have been released or solicited since the results.

Last Day to Vote will be Midnight Eastern time on May 7th. Happy Voting

Just wanted to remind everyone to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE. Voting ends next Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Mortimer View Post
    I think Ramos is so awful. Probably my least favorite regular artist in the Big 2. I'll take Greg Land over him any day, and I'm no Greg Land fan.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Completely agree. Also, to me, Bachalo is also just as bad. When I was reading the Wolverine/X-Men omnibus there were panels that I knew Wolverine or any other character was in but couldn't actually tell without really looking hard at the picture. If I hadn't known it and someone asked me: what's this a picture of . . . . I would not have been able to tell them.
    You've nailed his style! Is that a foot or is it a head? LOL!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I agree. I only read the first TPB volume of WATXM and I was extremely exhausted from trying to decipher what was what. That was enough for me. I didn't need to read anymore. I didn't really take to the story either.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Tigereyes View Post
    Please send your votes to MarvelOmniSecretBallot@gmail.com

By creating a separate email account it allows for more inclusion, for those who lurk, and for those who can reach out to others whom have comic based podcasts or websites, comic shops, or even other friends who want to partake. I am striving to maintain a minimum of 150+ voters but honestly would love to catalpult the number of participants to the next level. The more votes we get, the better our sample---heck if we get enough votes to merit it, I would be willing to do a Top 100.

Please be as specific as possible in your choices... If you want a Black Panther Omnibus make sure you make it clear that you mean either Kirby's, Priest's, or Hudlin's run, or maybe you meant Jungle Action. Be as detailed as you can in your votes unless you feel it is self explanatory. Dont say Peter David's Hulk, the man wrote it for nearly two decades. Please break it down by issue numbers and/or long running artist if applicable. Any book that was previously licensed by Marvel is eligible for voting as are defunct lines (Epic) and purchased properties (Crossgen, etc.)
    Need more specific nominations for your ballot? How about another 50 books?

First, check out the break-down of every X-Men title into Omnibus from 2008 to 2015. The post includes links to my prior coverage of X-Men from 1963 forward, if you haven't yet seen them in this thread.

Then, read my list of the 20 Marvel Now runs most deserving of an omnibus - with Hickman and Daredevil releases already in-progress, will any of these make an appearance this year?

Remember, you only have one week left to vote!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I'm powering through the cosmic Kings omnibus trilogy and I'm about a third of the way thru the final one, Realms. What year did these stories conclude and is there a next logical omnibus that could be compiled that could follow?

Without knowing how Realms concludes I know that Hickman's FF touched on some Inhumans and there was the Bendis relaunch of Guardians (yes, I know it's different - not looking for Bendis hate).

Is there stuff in between that?

I'm powering through the cosmic Kings omnibus trilogy and I'm about a third of the way thru the final one, Realms. What year did these stories conclude and is there a next logical omnibus that could be compiled that could follow?

Without knowing how Realms concludes I know that Hickman's FF touched on some Inhumans and there was the Bendis relaunch of Guardians (yes, I know it's different - not looking for Bendis hate).

Is there stuff in between that?
    2011 is the last stuff from the Realms omni. Bendis is a follow up for the Guardians obviously, but it deals with some of the fallout from the Realms. Then from Starlin you have Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity, Infinite Entity, and Infinity Finale. Thanos vs Hulk takes place between the first infinity stories, also a Thanos annual, but I believe it is collected in Entity.
    Last edited by Judge Dredd; 04-30-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    2011 is the last stuff from the Realms omni. Bendis is a follow up for the Guardians obviously, but it deals with some of the fallout from the Realms. Then from Starlin you have Infinity Revelation, Infinity Relativity, Infinite Entity, and Infinity Finale. Thanos vs Hulk takes place between the first infinity stories, also a Thanos annual, but I believe it is collected in Entity.
    Thanks! How is the Starlin stuff?

I voted! All I'll say is I put one on there for krisis, hope it happens cause he deserves it for his invaluable site! Even though I'd buy it also.

Thanks to Tigereyes for all the work also!

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    I voted! All I'll say is I put one on there for krisis, hope it happens cause he deserves it for his invaluable site! Even though I'd buy it also.

Thanks to Tigereyes for all the work also!
    As long as you'll shell out that $58-after-IST-discount on the first week of onsale, that's all that matters

And, honestly, every vote for an X-Men omnibus is a vote for krisis