Page 772 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 2726727227627687697707717727737747757767828228721272 ... LastLast
Results 11,566 to 11,580 of 20742
    Mighty Member

This too is one of my most wanted. They could probably do slotts solo run in three (big time, superior, worldwide), but the first and last would be large, around 50 issues apiece give or take.

Edit: Eh, seems v3 and v4 plus up to and including 802(?) would probably be too much. Might include Relevant Spider-verse issues and the point one stuff to fluff a post SSM omni, but then you're not really getting much outside the ohcs. Maybe throw RYV (secret wars) in to pad it out. Either way probably 4 total
    Last edited by awayne83; 03-06-2018 at 06:35 PM.

Torn on buying Shadowland I enjoyed the arc when it came out, but did not read much of the side material so not sure if it is worth it. However having the gap between omnibus is bothering me and leaning me towards the buy it side.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have enjoyed most of Slotts run, but only want SSM in omnibus form was a lot of fun and interesting story.
    Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    It certainly could happen. Also, as you can see by my avatar I really enjoyed the Superior Spider-man run.
    I stopped reading Spidey regularly over a decade ago at OMD but got drawn back in by some of Slott's big runs. For example, I picked up Spider-Island, the lead up to #700, and first half of Superior Spidey. I liked SSM, but for some reason stopped about halfway thru. I have those OHCs though so that's good, hope to get back to reading the run sometime in the near future. Also a plus that they're now OOP in case I decide to sell them!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Regarding the Superior Spider-Man OHC's, it's pretty fascinating how quickly these collected editions will fall and rise in price. About a year ago volume 3 was in the bargain bins and going for ten bucks or less. Is it now becoming rare?

Anywho, this is one series that deserves an omnibus. It's got the near-perfect length, is self-contained enough, and would save me some shelf space compared to the three OHC's. All great reasons.
    I would actually prefer a 2-set Omnibus of Superior Spider-Man which would also include all the SSM Team-Up run, the latter end of Avenging Spider-Man and other other select "crossover" issues. I did a breakdown of the complete list of issues several pages back. I do have the 3 OHCs which are very good but would be open to those 2 "complete" Omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    I feel like a Big Time omnibus is the only thing really missing, and I would buy that in an instant. That is #1 on my most wanted omnibus list.
    Yes, I agree. Big Time is probably my favourite Slott Spider-Man arc/story, followed by SSM. IMHO, Spidey went downhill afterwards.

Torn on buying Shadowland I enjoyed the arc when it came out, but did not read much of the side material so not sure if it is worth it. However having the gap between omnibus is bothering me and leaning me towards the buy it side.
    Tough choice. As a Daredevil and Omnibus fan, it's a must-have, for me anyway. The side material is ok, nothing amazing although some of the oneshots give extra meat to the story.. Another plus to the Omnibus is that everything's there. It's a complete package. You get the preceeding DD issues between Brubaker's run and the start of the Shadowland event including the DD Dark Reign The List one-shot as well as the 4-issue Reborn mini-series after Shadowland which leads into Waid's DD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I would actually prefer a 2-set Omnibus of Superior Spider-Man which would also include all the SSM Team-Up run, the latter end of Avenging Spider-Man and other other select "crossover" issues. I did a breakdown of the complete list of issues several pages back. I do have the 3 OHCs which are very good but would be open to those 2 "complete" Omnibuses.
    I would prefer one omnibus with the main Superior Spider-Man series and one omnibus as a companion that collects all the side stuff.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    I stopped reading Spidey regularly over a decade ago at OMD but got drawn back in by some of Slott's big runs. For example, I picked up Spider-Island, the lead up to #700, and first half of Superior Spidey. I liked SSM, but for some reason stopped about halfway thru. I have those OHCs though so that's good, hope to get back to reading the run sometime in the near future. Also a plus that they're now OOP in case I decide to sell them!
    I really wanted to like Spider-Island, but it just didn't do anything for me (And I think Carly Cooper is the worst Mary Sue pet character since Judas Traveler). The only part of Slott's run I liked were Ends of the Earth and Dying Wish of all things. Haven't read past that yet, but the apparent climax of Superior seems like my kind of Spidey.
    Cyclops was right

The page count is the page count due to the mapping.

The price point is the price point across the entire line.
    In a business where physical media and comic sales are dying, and Marvel is now tied with DC basically, they shouldn't be screwing their remaining fan base over by expecting $40 for a 500+ page book and $40 for a 392 page book.

The $125 small X-Men OHCs are also guilty of this nonsense.

Tough choice. As a Daredevil and Omnibus fan, it's a must-have, for me anyway. The side material is ok, nothing amazing although some of the oneshots give extra meat to the story.. Another plus to the Omnibus is that everything's there. It's a complete package. You get the preceeding DD issues between Brubaker's run and the start of the Shadowland event including the DD Dark Reign The List one-shot as well as the 4-issue Reborn mini-series after Shadowland which leads into Waid's DD.
    I ended up going for it I just could not have that gap. I look forward to seeing it fleshed out a bit. Hopefully they do Soule next it will be nice to have such a long line of Daredevil omnibus.

Which Doctor Strange Omnibus would you guys recommend for someone who isn't very familiar with Strange, but would like to read his best stories? Doctor Strange or Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Vol 1?

Bonus points if it has Clea.

I would say go for the Lee/Ditko omnibus some good stories along with some excellent art work.

Spectacular Member

Is there anything new or previous uncollected in the Infinity Gauntlet box set? Forgive me if this is repeating, I scanned the last ten pages
    trying to be nicer

I ended up going for it I just could not have that gap. I look forward to seeing it fleshed out a bit. Hopefully they do Soule next it will be nice to have such a long line of Daredevil omnibus.
    Yes, I'm waiting for that Soule Daredevil Omnibus For some reason, they haven't been releasing OHCs of his run as they did with Waid even though, I'm confident they would do very well and sell much better than recent OHCs such as GotG, Inhumans and Squirrel Girl. I have, however, noticed a marked decrease in OHC sales of ongoing Marvel runs in the last year or so. Figures have dwindled from strong 1000+ to 600-800. Saying that, it would be prerty cool if they released an OHC of Bendis' Defenders.

Yes, I'm waiting for that Soule Daredevil Omnibus For some reason, they haven't been releasing OHCs of his run as they did with Waid even though, I'm confident they would do very well and sell much better than recent OHCs such as GotG, Inhumans and Squirrel Girl. I have, however, noticed a marked decrease in OHC sales of ongoing Marvel runs in the last year or so. Figures have dwindled from strong 1000+ to 600-800. Saying that, it would be prerty cool if they released an OHC of Bendis' Defenders.
    Just like with DC and their lack of getting some title's Rebirth OHCs out, it's odd how Marvel picks and chooses what would be in an OHC. I would have thought, as an example, that Old Man Logan by Lemire and Sorrentino would TOTALLY have been combined into OHC volumes. It's the perfect material for it - excellent story, and Sorrentino's art cries out for oversized. But there's obviously business decisions to these things, so I guess there is a market for Squirrel Girl OHCs but not Wolverine? What is this world coming to? LOL!
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Which Doctor Strange Omnibus would you guys recommend for someone who isn't very familiar with Strange, but would like to read his best stories? Doctor Strange or Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme Vol 1?

Bonus points if it has Clea.
    I never read Sorcerer Supreme but I would recommend Ditko/Lee. It also felt like a complete story. It is possibly my favourite silver age material I have read. Clea is in this omnibus although it is her earliest stories.