Page 1351 of 1383 FirstFirst ... 3518511251130113411347134813491350135113521353135413551361 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,265 of 20731

Astonishing Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I figured this would be the second announcement after ROM. Looks like it will take 3 volumes to collect all the original Marvel material.

Now we need to hear about Transformers and G I Joe.

Sometimes it is hard to decide which one to buy when 2 different covers are presented. For this latest release, 4 different covers in all are presented, which I am sure makes the decision even harder for some.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I figured this would be the second announcement after ROM. Looks like it will take 3 volumes to collect all the original Marvel material.

Now we need to hear about Transformers and G I Joe.
    I'm definitely hoping for a Transformers announcement soon.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Come on Transformers, come on come on come on!!!

Who has the most recent poll results from Tigereyes?
    Was Micronauts on the list? Rom vol.1 was ranked, I believe someone said #41.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

OMG, if Micronauts is a possibility, I would be over the moon!

A Micronauts Omni would be my most wanted omni of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    OMG, if Micronauts is a possibility, I would be over the moon!

A Micronauts Omni would be my most wanted omni of all time!
    You might want to play the video 5 posts up from yours.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Yeah, just for fun

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Yeah, just for fun
    You will be over the moon.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

So tempted to swap out the video in my post for a rick roll one now

Mighty Member

Okay, this is a bit out there, but do you think one of the reasons ASM Epic Collection v16 has been delayed so long is that they've been waiting to get the TF license back so they can include Peter's appearance in TF #3?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Happenstance View Post
    THE MICRONAUTS: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL YEARS OMNIBUS VOL 1

Collecting: The Micronauts (1979) 1-29, Micronauts Annual (1979) 1-2, and material from Micronauts Special Edition (1983) 1-5.

The Special Edition was a series of reprints on better paper. The material would be the covers, plus a few pages that were added to help the story flow better between issues.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Okay, this is a bit out there, but do you think one of the reasons ASM Epic Collection v16 has been delayed so long is that they've been waiting to get the TF license back so they can include Peter's appearance in TF #3?
    Very doubtful.

1. The ASM epics have not included guest appearances in other volumes.
    2. An issue of a licensed title would cause problems down the line if the license moves to a different company.
    3. The inclusion of Spider-Man in issue 3 was ruled as non canon a long time ago and has caused reprint troubles for years.

The only explanation I can think of is that the Marvel Masterworks latest and next volumes cover the same material. Marvel may not want to publish the same material in two different formats so close together.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Very doubtful.

1. The ASM epics have not included guest appearances in other volumes.
    2. An issue of a licensed title would cause problems down the line if the license moves to a different company.
    3. The inclusion of Spider-Man in issue 3 was ruled as non canon a long time ago and has caused reprint troubles for years.

The only explanation I can think of is that the Marvel Masterworks latest and next volumes cover the same material. Marvel may not want to publish the same material in two different formats so close together.
    I've actually assumed that one or more of the issues has needed serious restoration and so they were waiting for MMW to do their thing first - it's been a gap for 5-6 years, so the MMW catching up only sort of explains it recently
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I've actually assumed that one or more of the issues has needed serious restoration and so they were waiting for MMW to do their thing first - it's been a gap for 5-6 years, so the MMW catching up only sort of explains it recently
    I agree. This is why Iron Man doesn't have any Layton/Michelinie Epics yet as they just MMWd all of that. Same With Byrne FF, Simonson Thor, Millar DD, etc... I guess the real question would be for later reprints of epics made long ago, after the MMWs reach that point, will the Epic reprints use the MMW files, or just a straight carbon-copy of the original epic? Not sure if this has happened yet - where one of the original let's say 15 epics ever made now contain material masterworked that wasn't Masterworked back then? Interesting to see what they'll do.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.