Page 678 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1785786286686746756766776786796806816826887287781178 ... LastLast
Results 10,156 to 10,170 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Awesome haul. Where do you buy your brand new books from? I recently got the man out of time hardcover aswell and only cost 2.50 cant go wrong with that
    Thanks. The majority of new books I purchase from InStockTrades, the remaining few from Amazon if there's a "glitch" price such as those on the DC Omnis several months back, and a book or two from ArtsnCrafts on the amazon.co.uk marketplace.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thanks. The majority of new books I purchase from InStockTrades, the remaining few from Amazon if there's a "glitch" price such as those on the DC Omnis several months back, and a book or two from ArtsnCrafts on the amazon.co.uk marketplace.
    Are you in the us?

Are you in the us?
    No, I'm in Poland. I know the shipping outside of the US is quite high with IST but I just prefer to get my books In one piece without any hassle. I used to shop around and get the cheapest deals possible from the amazon.com, amazon.co.uk marketplace or from B&N or look out for glitches (which I still do) but the last year or so I decided to go with IST and I haven't regretted it. They have bombproof packaging and if I've received a damaged book (very rarely), they've either refunded me or sent me a new book.

No, I'm in Poland. I know the shipping outside of the US is quite high with IST but I just prefer to get my books In one piece without any hassle. I used to shop around and get the cheapest deals possible from the amazon.com, amazon.co.uk marketplace or from B&N or look out for glitches (which I still do) but the last year or so I decided to go with IST and I haven't regretted it. They have bombproof packaging and if I've received a damaged book (very rarely), they've either refunded me or sent me a new book.
    How was the packaging from arts n craft? I always see them as thr cheapest on amazon but havent brought from them yet

How was the packaging from arts n craft? I always see them as thr cheapest on amazon but havent brought from them yet
    Not the best and yet books in general come in good shape. I've had one or two that came with a squashed corner or two and it's a real hassle to get a decent refund or replacement from them. They are not easy to work with. However, the majority have arrived fine and they generally have the best prices on the marketplace and deliver to Poland. Out of the batch above, I purchased the Aftermath: Realm of Kings Omnibus and it seems in perfect nick.

Not the best and yet books in general come in good shape. I've had one or two that came with a squashed corner or two and it's a real hassle to get a decent refund or replacement from them. They are not easy to work with. However, the majority have arrived fine and they generally have the best prices on the marketplace and deliver to Poland. Out of the batch above, I purchased the Aftermath: Realm of Kings Omnibus and it seems in perfect nick.
    Thanks, guess ill try them out on a cheaper hardcover first before i make any big purchases.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

My recent accumulated Marvel haul:

I managed to pick up the Ultimate Spider-Man Vol. 7 OHC for below cover price from the amazon.co.uk marketplace. This was one of my best white whale finds of late. I only need to pick up Vol. 4+5, no real point in waiting around for a Vol. 2 Omnibus. I don't usually purchase PHC's but from what I understand the Waid Captain America Man Out of Time miniseries will not be in the upcoming Captain America by Waid Omnibus, so I decided to pick up the PHC as it was going for a fiver. The 2 CA OHCs (America First & For Ever Allies) only cost about £4 each (incl. shipping).
    I absolutely LOVED "Man Out of Time" and "Forever Allies"! I'm still holding out hope for "Man Out of Time" to be released in oversized format someday, and Forever Allies is a fun and underrated story featuring BuckyCap! Looking forward to revisiting both titles in the near future!

Is forever allis collected in any other editions or should i pick up the hardcover. What are your guys thoughts on Captain america:white?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Speaking of, The Punisher Back to War omnibus is right around the corner.

It seems to be a complete hodge podge of stories, and an overpriced one at that, especially compared to the Ennis reprint.

How's the material collected in it? I've enjoyed most of the modern runs of the character, but pre-Ennis I haven't read much.
    It's not overpriced. It collects classic material as opposed to the Ennis omnibus, and was Masterworks-level restored by Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaggi_Rck View Post
    Can anyone tell me if Brubaker's DD vol.2 includes all the material that came out with #500? (i.e. Nocenti + Aja's short story)
    I can check when I get home later today from work, if no one checks before me. From my recollection, it doesn't include the Nocenti/Aja story, but my memory may fail me.
    Raffi is correct. It does not have the Nocenti/Aja standalone story "3 Jacks" -which is excellent, btw. Nor does it have the preview of the Dark Reign story (Tan & Diggle) or the reprint of the classic Miller story from DD #191, Roulette. You'd have to hunt down the original issues for those.

The omnibus does have the Annual & Blood of the Tarantula issues as you probably already know. It also has the pin-up gallery from #500 with extra covers and process pages. One of the process pages features Aja's artwork, ironically enough.

I need some advice. I've gotten the first 3 volumes each of the Avengers and Captain America Epic collections. Which should I read read first?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone ever attempted an early 00's/Disassembled--Marvel Now or Present Marvel read-a-thon?
    http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-c...g-order-guide/

I might give it a shot by sticking to mostly oversized hardcovers, fat trades, and some digital material, but the thought of buying everything kinda scares me lol
    I more or less did this in 2012 to get ready for AvX - started with Disassembled and read all of Bendis Avengers plus all Events up to present before reading AvX. The wheels kinda come off the bus a bit after Secret Invasion and things aren't quite so tightly or deliberately plotted (though Dark Avengers is a real treat).

Psst - I am currently slogging through catching up on ANAD Marvel!

Besides Vision, which was great but not what I was expecting, Black Widow was absolutely spectacular comics-making. Also, Ultimates is great and A-Force was way, way more fun than I've heard anyone give it any credit for.

And, finally, while Invincible Iron Man wasn't exactly groundbreaking storytelling, Marquez's art on it is a sight to behold.
    Last edited by krisis; 09-02-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Raffi is correct. It does not have the Nocenti/Aja standalone story "3 Jacks" -which is excellent, btw. Nor does it have the preview of the Dark Reign story (Tan & Diggle) or the reprint of the classic Miller story from DD #191, Roulette. You'd have to hunt down the original issues for those.

The omnibus does have the Annual & Blood of the Tarantula issues as you probably already know. It also has the pin-up gallery from #500 with extra covers and process pages. One of the process pages features Aja's artwork, ironically enough.
    What Banky said!

I just checked my copy now. You know, they may put that short story in an eventual Nocenti Daredevil Omni or two.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone ever attempted an early 00's/Disassembled--Marvel Now or Present Marvel read-a-thon?
    http://www.comicbookherald.com/the-c...g-order-guide/

I might give it a shot by sticking to mostly oversized hardcovers, fat trades, and some digital material, but the thought of buying everything kinda scares me lol
    I'm currently doing a complete X-Men read through but once I reach the late 90s/early 00s I'm going to expand it to include the majority of the Marvel stuff. The thought of buying it all is indeed pretty intimidating. Buying all the X-Men stuff has already been quite an investment.

The Joe Quesada years
    A lot of good runs came out of his Editor and than Editor in Chief years between 1998-2010 at Marvel.