Page 953 of 975 FirstFirst ... 453853903943949950951952953954955956957963 ... LastLast
Results 14,281 to 14,295 of 14625

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I keep an excel spreadsheet with month to month tracking of what I have pre-ordered and to track books I want. As new books I want get announced, I add them. I also have prices in so I can budget easily.
    Anyone have a fancy spreadsheet example they'd like to share? I've been thinking about doing this but just haven't gotten around to it. My "system" consists of want lists on Amazon, IST, and TOW. Not clean.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Anyone have a fancy spreadsheet example they'd like to share? I've been thinking about doing this but just haven't gotten around to it. My "system" consists of want lists on Amazon, IST, and TOW. Not clean.
    I would not call my example "fancy". I simply organize mine with headers (titles/release date/cost). That way I can track my month to month costs a bit. That's what I have at the moment. To get to this list, a few months ago I mined everything coming out months in advance in order to prioritize the stuff that I didn't want to miss. I can budget this way too. When you write everything down in a spreadsheet with estimated costs in a month to month format you quickly see the titles you can wait a bit for.

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    With Marvel releasing so many Byrne collections, I wish they would give his She-Hulk run a nice Omnibus soon!
    This.
    I want that and Spider-Woman('78) both in Omnibus format.

Spectacular Member

comic buy list.jpg

This is my simple comics-to-buy list. I imagine mine is much simpler than most as I only buy Omnibus and Deluxe Editions. I do a quick search on Amazon for Marvel Omnibus, DC Omnibus, Image and Dark Horse Hardcover to add to my list. Then the yellow and red are color codes for books I definitely need and books I can live without. This also helps me group my purchase as I buy in bulk once a month to reduce shipping to outside US. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post

This is my simple comics-to-buy list. I imagine mine is much simpler than most as I only buy Omnibus and Deluxe Editions. I do a quick search on Amazon for Marvel Omnibus, DC Omnibus, Image and Dark Horse Hardcover to add to my list. Then the yellow and red are color codes for books I definitely need and books I can live without. This also helps me group my purchase as I buy in bulk once a month to reduce shipping to outside US. Hope this helps
    That's a nice, clean system honestly. I go over the list and just cut anything I don't absolutely want and mine is still messier than that.

Incredible Member

I use a simple document and list out everything on my "want list" - I use italics for things I've pre-ordered, strike-through when something arrives (I leave purchased items on the list for awhile so I don't accidentally impulse buy something I already own), and bold to indicate items that have been released. A couple lines look like this:

*Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider v1 - May
    *Batman by Morrison v2 - June (Amazon)
    *Zero Hour Omnibus - September

----------
    Why don't we have BB Code for strikethrough?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    In the Tardis reading The Expanse book series

Anyone know when Marvel is coming out with an Amazing Spider-Man HC or DE of Spencer's current run?
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

“Everything’s impossible until somebody does it.”– Batman

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Anyone know when Marvel is coming out with an Amazing Spider-Man HC or DE of Spencer's current run?
    Your guess is as good as anyone's right now... nothing's appeared on Hachette nor Amazon. Those are the generally the first places something will show up.

I do wonder what Marvel's strategy is, since series that have been getting the OHC treatment for years such as ASM and Deadpool have had nothing announced for the latest runs. Even older/continued runs are hard to determine IMO, as Aaron's Thor just got another OHC (with hopefully one more to cover his final issues/War of the Realms), meanwhile aside from an omni of already collected material, it looks like 2019 will be a year with zero ongoing Star Wars OHCs.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 06-01-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Your guess is as good as anyone's right now... nothing's appeared on Hachette nor Amazon. Those are the generally the first places something will show up.

I do wonder what Marvel's strategy is, since series that have been getting the OHC treatment for years such as ASM and Deadpool have had nothing announced for the latest runs. Even older/continued runs are hard to determine IMO, as Aaron's Thor just got another OHC (with hopefully one more to cover his final issues/War of the Realms), meanwhile aside from an omni of already collected material, it looks like 2019 will be a year with zero ongoing Star Wars OHCs.
    I don't understand Marvel. DC is killing it with their DE's and Marvel just keeps churning out tpbs. Sigh
    The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of God stands forever"--Isaiah 40:8

“You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don’t alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views.”--The Doctor

They do have solitations for deluxe Immortal Hulk
    And Aaron Avengers for later this year.
    Both collecting the first 2 trades

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post

Which is a shame, as I've been wanting to get the second half of Soule's Darth Vader series in OHC format.....Hopefully it'll come out in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    They do have solitations for deluxe Immortal Hulk
    And Aaron Avengers for later this year.
    Both collecting the first 2 trades
    Where'd you hear about Aaron's Avengers getting a deluxe? I'd seen Immortal Hulk and Venom, but didn't know of Avengers. If it is getting one, that's great. It, along with Spencer's Spidey, are two books I've really wanted to check out in OHC since they started.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Where'd you hear about Aaron's Avengers getting a deluxe? I'd seen Immortal Hulk and Venom, but didn't know of Avengers. If it is getting one, that's great. It, along with Spencer's Spidey, are two books I've really wanted to check out in OHC since they started.
    Wait. Venom is getting the Deluxe treatment? Is there a date?

I don't understand Marvel. DC is killing it with their DE's and Marvel just keeps churning out tpbs. Sigh
    This! OHC's are my preferred format and most of my latest favorite series (Gwenpool, Champions, Silver Surfer) are only in those small crappy TP's (or 1 omnibus in the case of Silver Surfer - which is already OOP)

Wait. Venom is getting the Deluxe treatment? Is there a date?
    I believe it's this one: https://www.amazon.com/Venom-Donny-C...s=books&sr=1-9
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

It looks like the ASM Vol. 4 Omnibus DM Cover is now unavailable on IST. CGN has it at $84.99.