Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Hmmm. Most of the Silver Age books, as you said are omnibused. And that Strange Tales had appeared in Marvel Masterworks previously, so if you look at the beginning of that list I linked, there's a few qualify, mostly Bronze Age, like:

Captain Marvel (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    Champions Classic (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    Deathlok the Demolisher
    Invaders Classic
    Machine Man
    Man-Wolf
    Not Brand Ecch (which was Marvel Masterworked)
    S.H.I.E.L.D by Steranko
    Tigra
    Warlock (which was Marvel Masterworked)

I'd also add:

Super-Villain Unite: The Complete Super-Villain Team-Up
    Thank you I didn't know about the Super villain team up it's one of my favourite runs.
    Hail Hydra!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No Good View Post
    Previews says that it will be out on June 15, 2022
    Previews (aka Diamond) is a middle-man between stores and PRH. PRH is the actual distributor, so what is on their website is "right from the horse's mouth".
    Last edited by joltman; 05-09-2022 at 10:22 AM.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Wow, Thor by Aaron Omni sold out at most places within a week.
    The only places that still have it are charging near full price, like amazon, but I assume they'll sell out within the month.
    I have to be more choosy now than I used to be and selected Thor by Aaron to go into my "hopefully later" column on my list.
    Looks like later will be a reprint a few years from now. I'm sure it'll get reprinted.
    I'm sure it will
    It will.
    Yeah, it will.

**I'm willing it to happen**
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Speaking of Aaron's Thor omni... mine came the other day, and it's surprisingly heavy. I mean, even for an omni - it felt heavier than similarly sized omins, and even heavier than bigger ones as well - wonder if this was done on purpose to make the reader feel like they're picking up Mjollnir?

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Speaking of Aaron's Thor omni... mine came the other day, and it's surprisingly heavy. I mean, even for an omni - it felt heavier than similarly sized omins, and even heavier than bigger ones as well - wonder if this was done on purpose to make the reader feel like they're picking up Mjollnir?
    You are definitely worthy!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Saw the newest Near Mint video announcement.

I'm down for both.

One is so super recent I'm very surprised. I mean the last issue was just about six weeks ago.
    Until this Amazing new Omni announcement that has me Beyond excited I thought the turnaround on Savage Avengers into an Omni was quick. This one closed that Chasm though.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Saw the newest Near Mint video announcement.

I'm down for both.

One is so super recent I'm very surprised. I mean the last issue was just about six weeks ago.
    Until this Amazing new Omni announcement that has me Beyond excited I thought the turnaround on Savage Avengers into an Omni was quick. This one closed that Chasm though.
    Link for the video.

Astonishing Member

Why is there no Spectacular Omnibus with JMD and Sal Buscema....... and well I'm surprised Slott run never got omnied before Spencer and Beyond.

Spectacular Member CaptainCanada's Avatar

Still waiting for them to finish the Complete Collection of Incredible Hercules, since it's been a year since Volume 2.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Link for the video.
    Captain America By Nick Spencer Vol. 1 Omnibus - collects Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015) #1–17, Captain America: Steve Rogers (2016) #1–11, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill (2016) #1, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill Alpha (2016) #1, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill Omega (2016) #1, Civil War II: The Oath (2017) #1; material from Free Comic Book Day 2016 #1 (Captain America).

Spider-Man Beyond Omnibus - collects Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #75-93, 78.BEY, 80.BEY, 88.BEY, 92.BEY, 74 (Ben Reilly story), Free Comic Book Day 2021 #1 (Spider-Man/Venom), Mary Jane and Black Cat Beyond (2022) #1.

I found the Captain America run by Nick Spencer just ok. The Secret Empire event was very good although I wasn't a fan of Stevil/Cap Hydra if that makes sense. I'm deliberating over whether to pick this up.

I've been reading through Nick Spencer's Spidey and it's been pretty good/ok. I'm on the Sin-Eater so about half way through but I know nothing of Beyond. I pre-ordered the Spencer Vol. 1 Omnibus. Has anyone read Beyond or have any thoughts to share?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Captain America By Nick Spencer Vol. 1 Omnibus - collects Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015) #1–17, Captain America: Steve Rogers (2016) #1–11, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill (2016) #1, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill Alpha (2016) #1, Avengers Standoff: Welcome To Pleasant Hill Omega (2016) #1, Civil War II: The Oath (2017) #1; material from Free Comic Book Day 2016 #1 (Captain America).

Spider-Man Beyond Omnibus - collects Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #75-93, 78.BEY, 80.BEY, 88.BEY, 92.BEY, 74 (Ben Reilly story), Free Comic Book Day 2021 #1 (Spider-Man/Venom), Mary Jane and Black Cat Beyond (2022) #1.

I found the Captain America run by Nick Spencer just ok. The Secret Empire event was very good although I wasn't a fan of Stevil/Cap Hydra if that makes sense. I'm deliberating over whether to pick this up.

I've been reading through Nick Spencer's Spidey and it's been pretty good/ok. I'm on the Sin-Eater so about half way through but I know nothing of Beyond. I pre-ordered the Spencer Vol. 1 Omnibus. Has anyone read Beyond or have any thoughts to share?
    It's not very good. Not a lot of flow with the different writers, and the ending is incredibly contrived and unsatisfying. It's the series right after Spencer's run and mostly ignores most of his work, so it's not something you should feel any urgency to read if you're liking that run. It's going to be one of the major stories that feeds into Dark Web (which looks like an X-Men Spidey crossover event), so if you have completionist urges in that direction, you might as well get it, but otherwise I'd say it's a stay away
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

I'm down for that Cap omni.

I do like this idea of wrapping events into regular omnis, like Fear Itself into Fraction's Thor. So maybe Secret Empire will get put into Spencer Cap v2, and perhaps there can be a Bendis Iron Man omni (Tony, Doom, Riri) that can include Civil War 2. It would shut out the tie-ins though for all the completists; but I wouldn't mind lol

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It's not very good. Not a lot of flow with the different writers, and the ending is incredibly contrived and unsatisfying. It's the series right after Spencer's run and mostly ignores most of his work, so it's not something you should feel any urgency to read if you're liking that run. It's going to be one of the major stories that feeds into Dark Web (which looks like an X-Men Spidey crossover event), so if you have completionist urges in that direction, you might as well get it, but otherwise I'd say it's a stay away
    Thanks Bob. I may give this a miss then. The Spidey completionist in me is calling out but I may have to ignore the calls and cut off Spidey with the end of Spencer's run.

When you say it ignores most of Spencer's work, do you mean it retcons stuff or treats some of the Spencer stuff as if it never happened? Any chance of elaborating?

Astonishing Member

Thanks Bob. I may give this a miss then. The Spidey completionist in me is calling out but I may have to ignore the calls and cut off Spidey with the end of Spencer's run.

When you say it ignores most of Spencer's work, do you mean it retcons stuff or treats some of the Spencer stuff as if it never happened? Any chance of elaborating?
    I didn't see any retcons or change back from the Spencer run. MJ hasn't broken up with Peter. Instead, the main stories from Spencer's run are not referenced.

Peter was sidelined at the beginning of the story and he is in the hospital as he recovers. This run focuses on Ben Reilly and the Beyond corporation. No story elements like Kindred or any of the recent Osborn stuff are carried over.

Mighty Member

Without spoiling, towards the end of Spencer's run there are some revelations, deaths, and status quo changes that are all either not mentioned or VERY quickly swept away without much consequence. One Sin-Eater adjacent plot carries through into the latter part of Beyond, but I don't think (a) Spencer's run is required reading for Beyond or (b) Beyond is a fulfilling follow-up to Spencer's run (I'm using that as a touchstone since you mentioned being in the middle of it).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm