Page 813 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3137137638038098108118128138148158168178238639131313 ... LastLast
Results 12,181 to 12,195 of 20773
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I know the feeling. Last year I got the Flash by Manapul & Buccellato Omnibus and felt the exact same way. Luckily I was able to resell it for a profit lol
    Another one i haven't gotten around to yet. Not a huge Flash fan, so I'm pretty open-minded about it at least.

Got me to thinking, since it's pretty obvious i enjoy buying omni's more than reading them, which is the longest I've owned w/o reading yet (not counting collections I've read in another format)? Seems to be a toss up between Johns' GL v3 and AoA reprint, both coming out around the same time in April or May 2016. Not as bad as i thought it would be. Maybe not coincidentally, this is also about the time I stopped being as choosey and started buying more stuff as well.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Another one i haven't gotten around to yet. Not a huge Flash fan, so I'm pretty open-minded about it at least.

Got me to thinking, since it's pretty obvious i enjoy buying omni's more than reading them, which is the longest I've owned w/o reading yet (not counting collections I've read in another format)? Seems to be a toss up between Johns' GL v3 and AoA reprint, both coming out around the same time in April or May 2016. Not as bad as i thought it would be. Maybe not coincidentally, this is also about the time I stopped being as choosey and started buying more stuff as well.
    I find I'm open minded with the indie books, but choosy and penny pinch with the superhero stuff. I know I like street level, teams/events & cosmic stuff, so anything else passes me by.

I definitely think you appreciate your collection more if you concentrate it and buy what you like. (This might be the rational of someone with less of a budget than yourself though).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I find I'm open minded with the indie books, but choosy and penny pinch with the superhero stuff. I know I like street level, teams/events & cosmic stuff, so anything else passes me by.

I definitely think you appreciate your collection more if you concentrate it and buy what you like. (This might be the rational of someone with less of a budget than yourself though).
    This definitely makes sense, and describes me pretty accurately a couple years ago. The problem i had though, in sticking to one format (oversized, or whatever the case may be) is that the indies just don't put out much compared to the big 2. So here i am, itching to buy something, and inevitably Marvel or DC throws something out there that piques my interest. I guess that can be a bad habit to fall into, but i try to pare down the collection periodically, and i haven't ran out of space...yet lol.

Edit: And that's not factoring in things eventually going oop. I know you can't get everything, but tastes evolve, and even though I've gotten my share over the years, there's still several I kick myself over. I'm still pissed over this Irredeemable v4 situation i put myself in.
    Last edited by awayne83; 05-14-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Incredible Member

You can't buy everything. Part of me wanted to check out some golden age Batman/Superman etc but it was another collecting avenue I'd be opening up. For something like that I will just sample in digital if I have a craving to read it. I've bought my fair share "curiosity" type omnibus' or other formats but now realize I can't buy too many of those. There are too many books I REALLY want to buy the stuff I only sort of want to check out.
    I do tend to really put a lot of thought into what I buy. I don't like regretting things when they go OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    ...which is the longest I've owned w/o reading yet (not counting collections I've read in another format)? Seems to be a toss up between Johns' GL v3 and AoA reprint, both coming out around the same time in April or May 2016. Not as bad as i thought it would be.
    That's not bad at all. You made me figure out what my longest unread is. Has to be the McFarlane/Michelinie omni. It was the first omni I ever bought in 2011, and I have yet to read it. Yikes.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by doolittle View Post
    That's not bad at all. You made me figure out what my longest unread is. Has to be the McFarlane/Michelinie omni. It was the first omni I ever bought in 2011, and I have yet to read it. Yikes.
    I knew someone would come through with a pick-me-up! Lol

Even as far back as 2010 here. Lots of them, too. *sigh*

Extraordinary Member

Finally ordered Hickmans Avengers/Sorceror Supreme omnibuses. Also got a pre-order down for volume 2 of both. Kept delaying, but I know I couldn't anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Finally ordered Hickmans Avengers/Sorceror Supreme omnibuses. Also got a pre-order down for volume 2 of both. Kept delaying, but I know I couldn't anymore.
    I want that Dr Strange one too. I'll pull the trigger one day!
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I want that Dr Strange one too. I'll pull the trigger one day!
    Wordery has it for a very nice discount.

Woah woah! Say what?! Never heard of this!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    Actually you probably have. He just inadvertently combined the titles to two different books.

Hickman Avengers omnibus vol. 1 and the Dr. Strange omnibus that collects the stuff from the 90s.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    You made me think of Foghorn Leghorn and I have a dumb day of revision lined up.

Thank you for the mental laugh.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Actually you probably have. He just inadvertently combined the titles to two different books.

Hickman Avengers omnibus vol. 1 and the Dr. Strange omnibus that collects the stuff from the 90s.
    Yeah late night writing, sorry! + Cheers for clering it up. clEARING? Oh god.

Hickman's Sorcerer Supreme omnibuses
    I never knew how much I wanted this.