Page 979 of 1382 FirstFirst ... 47987992996997597697797897998098198298398910291079 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,685 of 20716
    Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

What are the chances of Hickman's FF vol 1 omni being reprinted? I'd say pretty likely once the Complete Collections are all out..

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Great news regarding the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprinting. I have the original printing. Even though it's glued and quite tight, I won't be selling it off to get the new sewn printing as that original printing has the beautiful faux leather cover and thick quality paper.

BTW, it's one of my favourite Omnibuses and Lee's and Buscema's run is one of my favourite runs of all time. Solid gold!

I hope we get a SS Vol. 2 Omnibus.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great news regarding the Silver Surfer Omnibus reprinting. I have the original printing. Even though it's glued and quite tight, I won't be selling it off to get the new sewn printing as that original printing has the beautiful faux leather cover and thick quality paper.

BTW, it's one of my favourite Omnibuses and Lee's and Buscema's run is one of my favourite runs of all time. Solid gold!

So what's the great news? That you have the better, original printing? Lol

Edit: Oops after reading again i realized you were just saying that it's great they're reprinting it. At first I thought you meant you had new great news about the reprinting..

I second the call for SS Vol. 2 Omnibus! I'll pick up the Vol. 1 reprint as soon as it's available.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    So what's the great news? That you have the better, original printing? Lol

Edit: Oops after reading again i realized you were just saying that it's great they're reprinting it. At first I thought you meant you had new great news about the reprinting..
    Yeah, I'm just happy that a lot of us are getting the reprints we've been dreaming/waiting for. I've already preordered Daredevil by Bendis Vol. 1. Now all I need is the Immortal Iron Fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    I second the call for SS Vol. 2 Omnibus! I'll pick up the Vol. 1 reprint as soon as it's available.
    And a Wolverine Vol. 2 would be pretty fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    What are the chances of Hickman's FF vol 1 omni being reprinted? I'd say pretty likely once the Complete Collections are all out..
    None of us really know, but I would say it's pretty high. One of the most regarded modern runs, one of the most regarded FF runs, Hickman is back at Marvel, etc...
    Whether they would reprint vol 2, I kinda doubt it, but you never know.

I hope they reprint both of Hickman's Avengers omnibuses, too. Again, now that he's back at Marvel, maybe they'll throw him a bone (i.e. get him more money) via reprints in the later half of 2020. I'd really be down with that.

*I think your comment is sound, with the vol 2 TPB of the complete collection for FF coming out, they will probably sit on that for a bit to let it sell some copies before announcing an omnibus reprint. But you never know. Maybe they'll announce it tomorrow (LOL)
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It is ridiculous to reprint vol.1 of so many runs, some several times, and not reprint subsequent volumes(v2 or v3). You're just creating A-larger demand for those by doing the v.1 reprint OR B-apathy
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Great news about the Silver Surfer Omnibus finally getting a new printing. Along with the Ultimates Omnibus and the Incredible Hulk vol.1 Omnibus, it was one of the few omnibuses that I regret missing out on buying the first time round.It taken over 10 year waiting but finally the Ultimates and the Silver Surfer Omnibuses are being reprinted. Now if only they can do the same with the Incredible Hulk vol.1.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    It is ridiculous to reprint vol.1 of so many runs, some several times, and not reprint subsequent volumes(v2 or v3). You're just creating A-larger demand for those by doing the v.1 reprint OR B-apathy
    It really sucks.

I missed out on ASM Vol 3. The corresponding Epic is due for release early next year. But the Epic after that omni is long OOP, and the material has just been republished in ASM Vol 4.

The third omni is unlikely to be reprinted because the Epic is about to come out, and the OOP Epic is unlikely to be reprinted because the fourth omni has just been released.

So unless I want to have two Epics in the middle of my ASM omni collection I'm stuck.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It really sucks.

I missed out on ASM Vol 3. The corresponding Epic is due for release early next year. But the Epic after that omni is long OOP, and the material has just been republished in ASM Vol 4.

The third omni is unlikely to be reprinted because the Epic is about to come out, and the OOP Epic is unlikely to be reprinted because the fourth omni has just been released.

So unless I want to have two Epics in the middle of my ASM omni collection I'm stuck.
    I know what you feel. I missed on that one because my LCS was supposed to get the DM Kane cover on a second shipment and only ordered a couple of the regular cover. And after those sold out they told me the Kane cover just didn't arrive, and when I tried eBay the prices were ridiculously high.
    I learned from that and got the classic variant for the 4th omnibus, but now I have an awkward Marvel Masterwork set right between omnis 2 and 4.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It really sucks.

Yeah i don't understand it either. If you reprint Volume 1 and then come out with Volume 4 why the hell wouldn't you reprint Volume 2 and 3 if you know they are out of print? I am so glad i have all 4 now but i had to pay $160 for Volume 2 and now it's going for like over $250, that's ridiculous and that money isn't going to Marvel, that money is going to second hand sellers so Marvel is missing out on money and on potential new buyers because why would you buy Volume 4 if you don't know if you will ever be able to get Volume 2 and 3 for a acceptable price. I really don't get what Marvel is thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider View Post
    Yeah i don't understand it either. If you reprint Volume 1 and then come out with Volume 4 why the hell wouldn't you reprint Volume 2 and 3 if you know they are out of print? I am so glad i have all 4 now but i had to pay $160 for Volume 2 and now it's going for like over $250, that's ridiculous and that money isn't going to Marvel, that money is going to second hand sellers so Marvel is missing out on money and on potential new buyers because why would you buy Volume 4 if you don't know if you will ever be able to get Volume 2 and 3 for a acceptable price. I really don't get what Marvel is thinking.
    In the end, they can't keep every book in print - it's too costly. I would assume they have smart people working for them, watching the numbers (AND the aftermarket prices).

They have reprinted vol 2's in the past, but never a volume 3. For something like Spidey or Uncanny, I would think a reprint is as close to a 'sure bet' as you can get. But look at Avengers, biggest movie of all time (or 2nd?) and vols 3 and 4 linger still.

Hopefully they're learning, and at least on the BIG titles, they'll print more copies of those omnibuses so they stay in print longer.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Random Thought -

At 750 pgs for $125, is the upcoming Sensational She-Hulk by Byrne the most expensive Marvel omni (per page) we've seen yet? I don't know why they don't just collect the whole damn series; it's only 60 issues! I'd have paid $100 each for 2 volumes if they'd been complete. As it stands, I'll stick with my trades.

By comparison, the upcoming Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omni is 816 pgs for $75... just sayin'
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Random Thought -

At 750 pgs for $125, is the upcoming Sensational She-Hulk by Byrne the most expensive Marvel omni (per page) we've seen yet? I don't know why they don't just collect the whole damn series; it's only 60 issues! I'd have paid $100 each for 2 volumes if they'd been complete. As it stands, I'll stick with my trades.

By comparison, the upcoming Wonder Woman by Gail Simone omni is 816 pgs for $75... just sayin'
    Yes, I agree with you. Crazy! The DC Omnibuses are generally much more reasonably priced.

With regards to being the most expensive, Spiderman by McFarlane Omni beats it by a webstring. 440 pages at $75 makes it $0.17045 per page. The She-Hulk Omni is $0.1666666667 per page.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Yes, I agree with you. Crazy! The DC Omnibuses are generally much more reasonably priced.

With regards to being the most expensive, Spiderman by McFarlane Omni beats it by a webstring. 440 pages at $75 makes it $0.17045 per page. The She-Hulk Omni is $0.1666666667 per page.
    Yikes!

Is Marvel overestimating Byrne's popularity... or am I underestimating it? I get that this is a beloved, classic run, but there are many more high-profile runs from him that have been released without that kind of exorbitant price tag. And I say this as a huge Shulkie fan!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES