Page 1309 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 30980912091259129913051306130713081309131013111312131313191359 ... LastLast
Results 19,621 to 19,635 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

NAMOR, THE SUB-MARINER EPIC COLLECTION: WHO STRIKES FOR ATLANTIS? TPB
    Volume #3 in the Namor, the Sub-Mariner Epic Collections
    Written by ROY THOMAS
    Penciled by MARIE SEVERIN & JOHN BUSCEMA with GENE COLAN, SAL BUSCEMA & JACK KATZ
    Cover by MARIE SEVERIN
    There’s no mariner like the Sub-Mariner — as you’re about to see! First, our undersea hero must take on the bloodthirsty Tiger Shark, but the truly epic confrontation begins when the man called Destiny returns! His “Helmet of the Ancients” is revealed to be the powerful Serpent Crown, and its evil influence threatens the lives of Namor and everyone he loves! The drama ratchets up another notch when the alien Stalker robs Namor of his ability to fly and breathe underwater. Stranded on land, the Avenging Son of Atlantis becomes Public Enemy No. 1 — and even Doctor Doom is aiming for the target on his back! Also featuring a tooth-rattling fight against the Thing — and the touching return of a love from Namor’s past! Collecting SUB-MARINER (1968) #4-27.
    512 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-94974-7
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE DREAM IS DEAD TPB
    Volume #19 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    Written by STEVE ENGLEHART, ROY THOMAS, ROGER STERN & MORE
    Penciled by RON LIM, KEITH POLLARD, RICH BUCKLER, MIKE MIGNOLA & MORE
    Cover by RON FRENZ
    Dreams and nightmares! The Thing’s revamped Fantastic Four is already down one member — and now Sharon Ventura, the new Ms. Marvel, is taking out her anger on She-Hulk! When the Inferno sets New York ablaze, the FF must face Graviton and Kang — with Mantis’ life on the line! Reed and Sue return to the team just as the Frightful Four strikes, but does the FF have any hope of victory when the last man standing is a powerless Ben Grimm? Then, Aron the Watcher casts the Fantastic Four into dreamland — but they soon discover that their greatest enemies…are themselves! Plus: Doctor Doom enters hell to free his mother from Mephisto — with Doctor Strange at his side! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #321-333 and ANNUAL #22, and MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DOCTOR STRANGE AND DOCTOR DOOM — TRIUMPH AND TORMENT.
    464 PGS./Rated T+ …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95112-2
    Another hole to be filled. Been waiting for this one. Now let’s get that IM 196ish to 214ish hole spackled up as well.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: THE MAN WITHOUT FEAR TPB – NEW PRINTING!
    Volume #1 in the Daredevil Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE with WALLACE WOOD & DENNIS O’NEIL
    Penciled by WALLACE WOOD, JOHN ROMITA SR. & GENE COLAN with BILL EVERETT, JOE ORLANDO, BOB POWELL & JACK KIRBY
    Cover by JACK KIRBY
    ON SALE FEBRUARY 2023
    Matt Murdock’s luck always ran a step behind his good intentions. When a daring act to save a man’s life blinds young Murdock, he finds that the same accident has enhanced his remaining senses to superhuman levels! He becomes Daredevil, a gritty hero born from murder but tempered with the desire to protect the downtrodden. Writer Stan Lee and artists Bill Everett, Joe Orlando, Wallace Wood, John Romita Sr. and Gene Colan lay the foundation of Marvel’s Man Without Fear — including the first appearances of core characters Foggy Nelson and Karen Page, and classic villains like the Owl, the Purple Man, Stilt-Man and the Gladiator! Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #1-21.
    472 PGS./All Ages …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95036-1

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION: THE GOBLIN LIVES TPB – NEW PRINTING!
    Volume #4 in the Amazing Spider-Man Epic Collections
    Written by STAN LEE with GARY FRIEDRICH & ARNOLD DRAKE
    Penciled by JOHN ROMITA SR. with ROSS ANDRU, LARRY LIEBER & MARIE SEVERIN
    Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR.
    ON SALE MARCH 2023
    It’s horror on the home front when Peter Parker becomes the third wheel to comics’ oddest couple! Yes, Aunt May has found a new special friend: Dr. Otto Octavius! While a klonk on the head may help Spidey forget that one, teaming up with Doc Ock isn’t going to improve his image as Public Enemy No. 1! Spidey battles his way through Ka-Zar, the Vulture and Mysterio, but his deadliest battle is yet to come: Norman Osborn has regained his memory, and the Green Goblin has returned! Spider-Man’s most dangerous foe, the only villain to uncover his identity as Peter Parker, is back with a vengeance — and the two will face off in a gigantic, 58-page magazine masterpiece! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #53-67, SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1968) #1-2, MARVEL SUPER-HEROES (1967) #14, and material from NOT BRAND ECHH #6 and #11.
    496 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95039-2

STAR WARS LEGENDS EPIC COLLECTION: THE OLD REPUBLIC VOL. 5 TPB
    Written by JOHN JACKSON MILLER, DARKO MACAN & PAUL LEE
    Penciled by FEDERICO DALLOCCHIO, IVAN RODRIGUEZ, IBAN COELLO, DAVID DAZA, MARCO CASTIELLO, ANDREA CHELLA, RAMÓN F. BACHS, PAUL LEE & BRIAN HORTON
    Cover by JOE QUINONES
    The Old Republic draws to a stunning conclusion! As the Sith overtake the galaxy, a group of brave Jedi continue hit-and-run missions — but Jedi Knight Kerra Holt’s first mission goes horribly wrong. Now Kerra intends to liberate as many innocents as possible — and find the truth about her missing family in the process! But could she be the only hope to stop the Sith from completely crushing the Republic? Then, discover the origins of the Sith rule of two, one master and one apprentice, as Lord Hoth’s Army of Light faces the Brotherhood of Darkness in a bid to end the galactic conflict once and for all! Collecting STAR WARS: KNIGHT ERRANT #1-5, STAR WARS: KNIGHT ERRANT — DELUGE #1-5, STAR WARS: KNIGHT ERRANT — ESCAPE #1-5, STAR WARS: JEDI VS. SITH #1-6 and material from STAR WARS TALES #16.
    512 PGS./Rated T …$49.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-95069-9

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post

Epic collections updates:

Added to May 2023:

Sgt. Fury Vol 2: Berlin Breakout

For August 2023:
    Avengers Vol 5: This Beachhead Earth (reprint)
    Thor Vol 17: This Mortal Flesh (reprint)
    New Avengers Vol 1 (Modern Era Epic)
    Avengers Vol 25: The Gathering
    Fantastic Four Vol 9: The Crusader Syndrome
    Daredevil Vol 17: Into the Fire
    X-Factor Vol 4: Judgment War

Only one new month information this time.
    I'm glad they're filling in that gap in the Gatherers saga, as I feel this is an era that works better in Epics than in the Gathering Omnibus collection (if only because so many of the stories in that Ominbus are informed by what happened in Operation Galactic Storm, which there wasn't room for).

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    What's the concensus on the Wakanda: World of Black Panther omnibus? I'm getting the itch to buy it along with the hype of the new movie. Anyone read it or familiar with the material? Thanks!
    Just reposting this ^ for visibility, in case someone hasn't seen it.

FANTASTIC FOUR EPIC COLLECTION: THE DREAM IS DEAD TPB
    Volume #19 in the Fantastic Four Epic Collections
    ... Plus: Doctor Doom enters hell to free his mother from Mephisto — with Doctor Strange at his side! Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR (1961) #321-333 and ANNUAL #22, and MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL: DOCTOR STRANGE AND DOCTOR DOOM — TRIUMPH AND TORMENT.
    That's a big Double Dip with the Dr Strange Triumph and Torment Epic. I'd just as soon they did a Dr. Doom collection over adding non-FF Dr Doom material to the FF Epics, especially when they are already properly in another epic!

Astonishing Member

Coming in August 2023. Another release from this year's top 50 most wanted poll.
    X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID VOL 3 (aka X-Factor Investigations Vol 2)

collects

X-Factor (2005) 40-50, 200-232, 224.1; Nation X: X-Factor (2010) 1

A fourth volume would finish up collecting this run

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    That's a big Double Dip with the Dr Strange Triumph and Torment Epic. I'd just as soon they did a Dr. Doom collection over adding non-FF Dr Doom material to the FF Epics, especially when they are already properly in another epic!
    Unless you're a FF completist, I would skip this volume. Triumph and Torment is already in the Doom omnibus and Dr. Strange Epic collection. The rest of the material is weak and forgettable.

Is the Absolute Carnage omnibus worth getting? I wasn't reading many comics around that time so don't know a lot about it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

X-FACTOR BY PETER DAVID VOL 3 (aka X-Factor Investigations Vol 2)

collects

X-Factor (2005) 40-50, 200-232, 224.1; Nation X: X-Factor (2010) 1

A fourth volume would finish up collecting this run
    If the speed with which they wrapped PAD's Hulk is any indicator, I wouldn't be surprised if we see vol. 4 in early 2024.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My must buy Omnis will be:
    SA Mighty Thor vol. 4
    SA Daredevil vol. 2
    SA Uncanny X-Men vol. 5

All else goes into the "wait and see" pile now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not really, more of the same. There was the going into space/different universe/timeline storyline also which seems to be popular in most comics these days (Dr. Strange, FF, Iron Man....). It was interesting but pretty long drawn out. Not my cup of tea. I didn't take to his Cap America either.

If you're a BP completist, both the BP and the Wakanda Omnibusem are a must-by. The only thing I really liked from the Wakanda material was the Rise of the BP story which I wouldn't mind having an OHC of.
    Making sure you saw this j0nnyboy.

Raffi is being nice. I would say the World of Wakanda comics were fine fluff but nothing I would ever pick up again. I got most in a bargain bin at my LCS shortly after they originally came out.

Unless you are a BP completist, you aren't missing anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If the speed with which they wrapped PAD's Hulk is any indicator, I wouldn't be surprised if we see vol. 4 in early 2024.
    And I'm guessing a Spider-Man by Peter David omni coming after that.