Page 617 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1175175676076136146156166176186196206216276677171117 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Not the "90's Marvel" thing yet again.....there are some gems in there and debated likability on many more. Focusing all ones energy on the bad and then blanket statement saying the whole decade is bad is not fair. We could find turd runs in any decade.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Not the "90's Marvel" thing yet again.....there are some gems in there and debated likability on many more. Focusing all ones energy on the bad and then blanket statement saying the whole decade is bad is not fair. We could find turd runs in any decade.
    Preach!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cmh1981 View Post
    So is the McFarlane SpiderMan Omnibus w/ the 90's stories worth the money or is it a pass in most people's book?
    Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Anything with McFarlane art is a pass. Need I even mention 90s Marvel?
    Forget the art....Just try actually reading those garbage stories. Wow! Just . . . . awful.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Looking to pick up the Doctor Strange OHC when released, is it a good starting point for someone who has only seen the movie and not read any of his solo books?
    Edit: is it okay to ask this kind of question here or should i go to the marvel forum?
    I think it's a fine starting point as long as you have the basic idea of the character

So is the McFarlane SpiderMan Omnibus w/ the 90's stories worth the money or is it a pass in most people's book?
    I think if you find it on sale it's a good pick-up just for the art but the storylines are pretty awful. I remember reading them back in the day and loving them but reading them now was hard to get through. Also, it's a pretty thin book so don't pay full price.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregatron View Post
    Anything with McFarlane art is a pass. Need I even mention 90s Marvel?
    I'm picking it up for the completionist in me, but I'll agree that McFarland's art doesn't hold up over time and his writing doesn't quite fit the character.

Stern's run is WAY more bang for your buck, and after recently re-reading of the Clone Conspiracy it holds up much better than I remember it.

Pass. I thought I would enjoy it a lot more than I did just for nostalgia purposes, but it really didn't stand the test of time. I like McFarlane's art, so that wasn't the problem. But the writing is horrible and the tone is lousy. Every story opens with a brutal murder that feels completely unnecessary. And I'm all for a good dark tale, like Kraven's Last Hunt, but this comes across as trying too hard to be edgy and "mature". 13 year old me loved it but it was better left as a distant memory.

Started reading the ASM Clone Conspiracy OHC. Layout is another massive disappointment from the Spider-office. Not only is it *again* not a chronological layout, but they even have a page stating that its not possible to bind it up chronologically, and follow that with a recommended chronological order. Seriously?

Amazing Member

Are the War Of Kings Omnis going OOP?

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    The fear is real for everyone of us. I don't know if anyone else outside of US experience this, but it is really hard for me to sell off the the TPBs and HCs when I upgrade them to omnibus. No buyers even when I'm selling them for dirt cheap.
    It's even worse for me because I have a self imposed rule of strictly only OHCs/Omnis. And I need the death of **** in Omni!
    "This cannot be...Is... Is it an omen?!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Started reading the ASM Clone Conspiracy OHC. Layout is another massive disappointment from the Spider-office. Not only is it *again* not a chronological layout, but they even have a page stating that its not possible to bind it up chronologically, and follow that with a recommended chronological order. Seriously?
    I actually prefer it this way.

My reason is that the main title is usually written so that you can read the story without having to read every tie in issue. So I would rather read the main story straight through, then read the side stories mentally noting where each one is in relation to the main story. I really dislike reading it when the main story stops and you cut to the side story before going back to the main story. It gets worse when the side story doesn't take place in between the main story issues, but concurrently. In that case the side story may reference a plot point that the main story has not yet shown. This happened in the Infinity Crusade collection.

It all depends on your personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Having read a lot of this in floppies this is actually the case. There were spoilers all over. They would have to chop up and mesh issues to get them chronologically correct.

Just got a package from CGN that included the ASM vol. 3 omnibus. That one collects up to 104, which got me to thinking about how I really want a volume 4 because there are some great stories.

Say we got up to issue # 140 that would include the Vietnam storyline, a battle with the Hulk, a fight with Luke Cage, the death of the Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy, the first Punisher as well as a cool two-parter with the Tarantula and then Harry taking over for a two parter as the Green Goblin.

That said, I don't recall reading anything up until the 190s that was any good. Maybe the clone stuff? I'm not saying there isn't anything there but nothing stands out, so at this point if they did a volume 5 I'd really be holding off for a volume 6.

Of course we are years away. If even then.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Just got a package from CGN that included the ASM vol. 3 omnibus. That one collects up to 104, which got me to thinking about how I really want a volume 4 because there are some great stories.

Say we got up to issue # 140 that would include the Vietnam storyline, a battle with the Hulk, a fight with Luke Cage, the death of the Green Goblin and Gwen Stacy, the first Punisher as well as a cool two-parter with the Tarantula and then Harry taking over for a two parter as the Green Goblin.

That said, I don't recall reading anything up until the 190s that was any good. Maybe the clone stuff? I'm not saying there isn't anything there but nothing stands out, so at this point if they did a volume 5 I'd really be holding off for a volume 6.

The Goblin's Last Stand Epic takes you from the end of Omni vol 3 to #123. That ain't bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Yeah, this goes back to a post a page or two back, but I want a v4 asap. After that I'd prefer they start filling the gap between Stern and Michelinie and I'd be fine with a more leisurely pace between v4 and Stern. Of course I say that now, but as soon as I have a v4 I'll probably start screaming for v5.