I signed because why the hell are Marvel doing this????

Definitely signed as this is completely ridiculous.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

I signed. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, guys, I also signed before posting it here. There are 127 signatures now. Feel free to re-post it everywhere.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Like most of you, I'm not a big fan of the new SA spine at all. What worries more is the Defenders Omni, which is the first book to have this type of spine, also had extremely thin paper compared with other Marvel Omnis. Does anyone know what the paper quality is like in the Cap Volume 3 omni?

Amazing Member

Probably like last books printed in RR Donnelley China.

Incredible Member

I wonder if the YA omni will include the one-off pages by the same creative team from stuff like Marvel Voices: Pride or Marvel Comics 1000.

Incredible Member

As for the new spines, I've never been anal about stuff like that, so this doesn't affect me. Super thin paper and tight binding annoys me though. But that stuff impacts the material quality of the book; the spine font is just a preference thing.

But to each their own.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Thanks, guys, I also signed before posting it here. There are 127 signatures now. Feel free to re-post it everywhere.
    I tried posting it on reddit.com/r/OmnibusCollectors but it got downvoted very quickly for some reason. I encourage others to try though to spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I tried posting it on reddit.com/r/OmnibusCollectors but it got downvoted very quickly for some reason.
    That's weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    @ Slop101 and Destro777, Unworthy isn't in this omni, but only because it doesn't collect up to that point. Going by the placement in the Complete Collections, Unworthy fits in before the War Thor arc starting in Mighty Thor #20. But the omni just announced will only collect up to Mighty #12.

The first Omni will have the Thors mini though, which wasn't collected in the OHCs.

Overall, the first omni will collect the equivalent of the two God of Thunders OHCs, the first two Thor by JA OHCs, as well as the Thors mini. It's a fair assumption that a second omni will collects the contents of the final three Thor by JA OHCs, as well as the Unworthy mini. If someone has the OHCs, all they're missing is Thors and Unworthy. And maybe War of the Realms itself, but that's only if it makes it into a second omni which isn't certain.
    Would you consider Aaron's Original Sin necessary to Aaron's Thor run as well? I just started reading the 3rd Thor OHC and suddenly Thor is hammer-less outta nowhere, unless im mis-remembering the last OHC. I havent read it in a while.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Would you consider Aaron's Original Sin necessary to Aaron's Thor run as well? I just started reading the 3rd Thor OHC and suddenly Thor is hammer-less outta nowhere, unless im mis-remembering the last OHC. I havent read it in a while.
    Original Sin is important because it gives the lead up to why Thor became unworthy, but it is pretty well explained within the series especially in the late stage of the run.

But the Jane Thor run was vague on purpose without ever explaining anything until 20 or so issues later.

If you are a completionist (I am) you should totally pick it up.

I put it right after Last Days of Midgard arc and before Goddess of Thunder

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Original Sin is important because it gives the lead up to why Thor became unworthy, but it is pretty well explained within the series especially in the late stage of the run.

But the Jane Thor run was vague on purpose without ever explaining anything until 20 or so issues later.

If you are a completionist (I am) you should totally pick it up.

I put it right after Last Days of Midgard arc and before Goddess of Thunder
    I agree Original Sin is pretty key in understanding the whole Unworthy Thor plotline and in particular is important for Thor fans and completists. IMHO, it's also one of the better events especially after all the Bendis events overkill which I found tiring and wash, rinse, repeat uninteresting.

Amazing Member

Did the Predator Omni sell out on IST or get pushed back? Don’t see it

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCinOntario View Post
    Did the Predator Omni sell out on IST or get pushed back? Don’t see it
    According to this site, it has been canceled. Sorry...