Page 675 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1755756256656716726736746756766776786796857257751175 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,125 of 20773
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

MOON KNIGHT BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & ALEX MALEEV OHC Cover by ALEX MALEEV:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

SPIDER-MAN/DEADPOOL BY JOE KELLY & ED MCGUINNESS OHC Cover by ED McGUINNESS:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    Wow thanks for the link I appreciate it, I might even consider grabbing it now. I wonder of theyll even do a second with those numbers though.
    I'd wager they would do it eventually, even with the comparatively low sales number. It is a highly regarded run by one of their star writers. The only thing working against it selling more is that it was released quite close to the release of the OHCs and fans who had bought the OHCs see little added value in the Omni, Hickman approved reading order or not. I think this is the same case with Waid's Daredevil, which we will be getting the Vol 2 Omni next year.

I really, really wanted that Moon Knight series to be good. It wasn't. In fact, other than Ellis' brief run, I haven't liked Moon Knight in a good while.
    I suspect Lemire's stint will eventually get an OHC, but it was about average at best (which is surprising as he's generally a decent writer).

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    I'd wager they would do it eventually, even with the comparatively low sales number. It is a highly regarded run by one of their star writers. The only thing working against it selling more is that it was released quite close to the release of the OHCs and fans who had bought the OHCs see little added value in the Omni, Hickman approved reading order or not. I think this is the same case with Waid's Daredevil, which we will be getting the Vol 2 Omni next year.
    I'm of the opinion that this book has sold a lot more than people think. If you look at the top ten on IST as an example, it's in top 3 consistently over the past few weeks. I think perhaps it didn't have a huge first month, maybe because it came out at the middle/end of the month (??) but it's having a decent 2nd month, too. I'm sure Marvel doesn't just look at "month 1" numbers for these things (I hope not, at least!)

While they have orphaned MANY an omnibus at volume 1 with no volume 2, I seriously doubt this will be the case with Hickman's Avengers. But like everything else around here, that's just a guess and my opinion/hope.

thanks
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    Interesting... I assumed Deadpool Minibus 0 would completely duplicate the contents of the Suicide Kings OHC, but it appears to have left out the Game$ of Death one-shot. Guess there's a reason for completists to hold on to that OHC after all.
    I am completely baffled at how this content was agreed!!!

I know Minibus vol.1 & 2 had non-616 Deadpool material, but the remainder of Deadpool's 616 material could've easily been captured here (Games of Death oneshot, Deadpool #900 and #1000, X-Men Origins: Deadpool, Marvel Digital Holiday Special #2, Captain America: Who Won't Wield The Shield #1, Cable (2008) #25, Deadpool & Cable #26, Wolverine/Deadpool: The Decoy #1, Deadpool Corps: Rank And Foul #1) - I'd also have liked Identity Disc #1-5 as a bonus!

Why the hell didn't they drop Wilson's War & Pulp (non-616 minis) and include the above to complete the collection?
    I'm hoping Games of Death is at least included, just got missed off the content listing.

Amazing Member

Hi people, I'm reading Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow i love it. How does the Fraction Hawkeye compare? Is it as good?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrjohnnykid View Post
    Hi people, I'm reading Jeff Lemire's Green Arrow i love it. How does the Fraction Hawkeye compare? Is it as good?

Thanks
    Can't compare to Green Arrow since I haven't read any of his DCU work so far, but I have been reading most of Lemire's other work for the last year. His Hawkeye is better than his X-Men, but all his Marvel work pales in comparison to his creator owned. If you really want to read more Lemire I'd recommend Descender from Image, which is currently in progress. And Sweet Tooth, which is finished and collected as three OHCs from Vertigo/DC.

I have a purchasing question for ya'll:
    For stories that are collected in both classic and epic tpbs, for example, Alien Costume Saga Book 1/2 vs Ghosts of the Past Epic, should I stick exclusively to epics?
    There's double dipping with the second book if I choose to collect all 3, but Ghosts does not contain the beginning of that arc. In this situation, should I just buy the Epic and wait on/read digitally the issues preceding it?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Thanks
    Other than both lead characters having an affinity for bows & arrows, the books are very different. Green Arrow being vastly superior.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    MOON KNIGHT BY BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS & ALEX MALEEV OHC Cover by ALEX MALEEV:
    Oh man! I really want to get this. I'm not a fan of MK, but I loved Maleev's art on DD and Bendis usually does street level characters well. Is this run any good?

Thanks
    I absolutely loved Lemire's Green Arrow run, and I'm not a fan of GA. I do however, like Hawkeye, but I didn't care for that run. Lemire's GA run blows that run away.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Oh man! I really want to get this. I'm not a fan of MK, but I loved Maleev's art on DD and Bendis usually does street level characters well. Is this run any good?
    It was okay and its very self-contained, it took Moon Knight to a new direction that also didn't go anywhere beyond the story of the book.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Other than both lead characters having an affinity for bows & arrows, the books are very different. Green Arrow being vastly superior.
    Assuming he means Fractions Hawkeye and not Lemires run on Hawkeye, I couldn't disagree more. Fractions run was every bit as good as the hype. Lemires GA was also very good, but in a more straight forward super hero sense. I would compare it more to Fractions run on Iron Fist rather than his Hawkeye, in how it expanded on the mythos of the character, strengthening his backstory.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Assuming he means Fractions Hawkeye and not Lemires run on Hawkeye, I couldn't disagree more. Fractions run was every bit as good as the hype. Lemires GA was also very good, but in a more straight forward super hero sense. I would compare it more to Fractions run on Iron Fist rather than his Hawkeye, in how it expanded on the mythos of the character, strengthening his backstory.
    I would agree with that. Lemire's run on GA is very much like Fraction's run on IF, in that they delve deep into the mythos and both are awesome runs.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member

So I'm almost finished with the Claremont & Lee UXM Omni Vol. 1 and am kinda dismayed that only 7 issues were drawn by Lee. Looks like Vol. 2 has more but still not that many. I guess I never realized how short Jim Lee's tenure on X-Men was.