Page 855 of 1384 FirstFirst ... 3557558058458518528538548558568578588598659059551355 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,825 of 20754
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Hoping that when solicits get up through May that the collections department will use this last Avengers 4 film to perhaps get us the following:
    Invincible Iron Man vol.3
    Captain America vol.3
    The Incredible Hulk vol.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Captain America Vol. 3 up to the Kirby CA Omnibus would be very nice indeed.
    Right, that would be excellent.

If the Collections Department doesn't see now as the "last" best chance to put out these volumes that some deem questionable sellers then I don't know when we might ever get them. I don't even buy the argument the Collections Department thinks of a factor like "questionable seller". If they did there is no way we'd have a Marvel 1990s First Omni or Marvel Now Omni to mention a few.
    I fully believe if they put out those solo Avenger volumes mentioned above they would easily sell better than say, Venomnibus(700 units, first month) to mention a recent Omni that is getting a volume 2 followup so soon. Meanwhile those volumes have sat idle for years now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Ditko was the artist for vol 1 not Kirby. About your last paragraph Masterworks have covered all of that material aside from DD and for the post Miller Daredevil they will be closing in on that in the next few years. I don't collect epics, but those issues may be out there already. If you are staying exclusive to OHC/Omnibus then the only data that really does seem to hold true is waiting for a movie/tv(Netflix) tie in. Personally I don't think there will be an X-Men Omnibus 3 despite Masterworks carrying the name on past the end of the first series, but that's just my opinion.
    Thank you for correcting that, major brain fart there. I was thinking of Mr. Ditko and wrote Kirby. But yes, I came back to comics pretty late in the game and didn't want to start a Masterwork collection, so I've gotten omnis of stuff I've wanted. I've admittedly been spoiled on oversized art in those and hate to move down, but waiting on Epics to fill in might be my best bet. And I meant Uncanny X-Men, not the earlier stuff, sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Those early ASM issues are quite a "mouthful" but very enjoyable with great art. And yes, John Romita drew the ASM newspaper strips from 1977-1981.

With regards to Daredevil post-Miller, I believe Marvel will want to issue as many TPB collections as they can such as the Epics before they go ahead and give us an Omnibus or two.
    Thanks, I thought the Romita Spidey seemed familiar. I originally wasn't going to get the first ASM omni because at glances I thought the artwork seemed a little ancient, but I was a fool for dismissing it. Ditko's art is glorious at times and enough praise can never be given him for creating the look of those characters.

Really loving Romita's work in ASM vol.2 also; Flash's going away party was a real highlight so far, I felt like I was there.

Spectacular Member

There are two uncanny xmen hardcovers in the hachette catalogue. Looking at the price they look like OHCs, but I don't know what could be collected. Any guess?

Uncanny xmen is going to return as a series, but it's too early to collect an OHC.

One of the hardcovers that made me very happy is doctor strsnge by donny cates. I really liked that story. I hope they collect also his thanos story, maybe including his cosmic ghost rider.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post
    Thank you for correcting that, major brain fart there. I was thinking of Mr. Ditko and wrote Kirby. But yes, I came back to comics pretty late in the game and didn't want to start a Masterwork collection, so I've gotten omnis of stuff I've wanted. I've admittedly been spoiled on oversized art in those and hate to move down, but waiting on Epics to fill in might be my best bet. And I meant Uncanny X-Men, not the earlier stuff, sorry for the confusion.
    Not to be captain correction here, but did you mean UXM Vol 4 then? Vol 3 was released Feb 2016. If you did mean 4 then I think the wait could be awhile since the masterworks haven't fully covered the likely contents. It could heavily depend on how they plan on aligning the numbered volumes into the named volume (Mutant Massacre Omni) and OHCs if we will actually get a "Vol 4" or not. Other people far better at mapping than me have many theories.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Iron Man does need some more omnibus love
    We need better comics

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Iron Man does need some more omnibus love
    Agreed. I get why Hulk fell off since Vol 1 languished on the shelves. I don't think Iron Man had the same issues since it was already OOP expensive when I got serious in this hobby 4-5 years ago. I don't know what will prompt Vol 3 at this point with Downey's contract up more movies are dubious. I am not far off from abandoning hope and going for the Masterworks of Iron Man like I just did with Hulk.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I know I was just asking for advice on the Infinity Wars omnibus, but can anyone speak to the quality of the New X-Men run by Grant Morrison?
    I've been following a HC reading order to make purchasing decisions and I don't want it to go oop if it's worth getting.
    I've actually been reading that right now and the book is regular current Marvel quality which means good binding and thin paper. Newest printing now has a new cover rather than the black with logo.

I know I was just asking for advice on the Infinity Wars omnibus, but can anyone speak to the quality of the New X-Men run by Grant Morrison?
    I've been following a HC reading order to make purchasing decisions and I don't want it to go oop if it's worth getting.
    I enjoyed New X-Men. The art is a bit inconsistent but the story is good. I'm not a huge Morrison fan or a huge X-Men fan and I liked it, for whatever that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    Not to be captain correction here, but did you mean UXM Vol 4 then? Vol 3 was released Feb 2016. If you did mean 4 then I think the wait could be awhile since the masterworks haven't fully covered the likely contents. It could heavily depend on how they plan on aligning the numbered volumes into the named volume (Mutant Massacre Omni) and OHCs if we will actually get a "Vol 4" or not. Other people far better at mapping than me have many theories.
    Yes you're correct, I'm awaiting volume 4. I did see a new MW is coming out, so yeah it'll be a wait for that next omni if they do one. I'm planning to buy the new Mutant Massacre omni this fall and just wait for the gap to be filled, even if it ends up being with Epics I suppose, just so I can continue the reading.

My goal is to catch up to where I read the floppies back in my youth, around the Inferno era, so I can read everything I missed leading up to that in the various X-titles. Might be awhile before that happens but I'll persevere. Thanks for your replies!

It's an excellent run and it's pretty new reader friendly. It's one of the more straight forward Morrison books and one of the most critically acclaimed X-men runs. I would say go for it unless the following bothers you:
    -Morrison deliberately tried to create something new and different both on the story and on the visual level. He tried to make it more similar to the movies (not too similar though) and that I think bothers some fans (the Astonishing X-men run following this went straight back to the old X-men style).
    -I think the ending is kinda weird and the art (Silvestri) doesn't help but it might just be due to Morrison's falling out with the new editor at the time (Jemas?). If I remember correctly he left the company before the run ended.
    -the art can be dodgy sometimes, mostly Kordey's but to be fair he got really short deadlines for an insane amount of pages to draw.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

I thought the story was good but the artwork was terrible, so I have no desire to ever read the series again or buy the Omnibus.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

I thought New X-Men was pretty good.

Cheers. Sounds like it's worth picking up, just don't get my hopes up for the art.
    The Bachalo and Frank Quitely art is pretty good if you like their style and I think Jimenez always delivers quality so it's not all bad (oh yeah there is Van schiever too...I've never been a fan of his).